What Is It?

SWWASAS

BFF Patron

Cervelo:  That is a neat trick.  Obscure the original photo with your own insert to try to prove your point.   Actually the lugs on the boot in your insert are so small you seem to disprove your own contention.    The boot lugs on your insert are also segmented as are my own hiking boots.   I do not see any segmentation of what you call lugs at all in the fine mud of the imprint even though the edges are well defined.   With edges that defined any detail on the lugs would show.        You continue to ignore the size of the supposed boot lugs in the original photograph.    What you say are boot lugs measure 4 inches long and 1 inch wide from what I see on the photograph using the tape measure.  Show me a boot with parallel lugs 4 inches long and 1 inch wide and I might believe your theory.     The supposed square edge depression you circled is not square, one side is slightly concave and it is rounded on the other side.    The road has a lot of crushed rock on it and was recently graded.    That depression could have been a rock that had been depressed into the mud that was displaced by the road grader.    I see no evidence from the photo that it had anything to do with the parallel depressions.   What part of a boot would make an impression that shape if it was part of the impression?     High heeled hiking boot?     I don't know what it was but I don't think it was a boot.    Randy

Guest Cervelo

^^^^

Is the tape measure in the photo a standard tape with 1" increments?

Edited by Cervelo

Man, that's about as impressive as a Rick's possum innards. If that "track" encircled in red is from a heel of a piece of footwear, it would the heel of a fine lady's high-heel dress shoe. (Putting the photo of a boot track over a cow track or bear track would magically change those as well, huh?) Just read the sign; don't mess with it.

Guest Cervelo

What do you think it is?
Just trying to explain how I see it.

Edited by Cervelo

The little indentation you circled in red looks to have been by something man-made, and I would guess that the folks that photographed the tracks made that particular impression. Maybe the OP could ask them. 

If I had attributed every animal track I've seen here and in every other country I've hunted and fished in to BF, your comment about me "seeing BF in everything" would be justified.

• Upvote 1

^^^^

Is the tape measure in the photo a standard tape with 1" increments?

Seriously, you don't know? How could you declare "you know what it is" if you have to ask if that is a standard tape?

Guest Cervelo

^^^^

Can't tell on my iphone...perhaps you could offer some assistance?

Edited by Cervelo

BFF Patron

I Phone?   No wonder you are having problems with the picture.  I asked and that is the standard yellow 12 foot Stanley tape measure that has a two inches on a side case.    The marks are in inches but that is a good question since the tape could be metric and the markings in CM.      I have stopped using a metal tape for pictures as you can rarely see the inch marks in a photo due to glare.    This picture fortunately does barely show the tape markings.     I have started using a cloth tape for pictures because the matt finish shows up a lot better in pictures because there is no reflection.      If our attempts at documentation do not clearly show dimensions,  it is sort of a waste of effort.     I wish she had taken pictures showing more of the area around the impression.   It is a good idea to sort of circle a print to give some idea of the context of the photo and the surrounding area.    To property document a track way could take hours because of the multiple footprints.   While a track way find would be very exciting,   just knowing the hours of work involved in documenting one sort of makes me glad I have not found one. 

Looking at it objectively, the parallel impressions could be what someone suggested, an elk foot overprint.     Deer would be too small.  Although I don't know what would have happened to the rest of the footprints leading away.    Or it could be the hand print of some primate,  human included, if the person was large handed or wearing gloves.     Without supporting evidence of large footprints leading up to it or away, a sighting, vocalizations or some other evidence to tie it to BF,   I think it is a stretch to categorically say it is BF.   But I will go as far as to say that is possible.      Randy R

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest Cervelo

^^^

Thx!

I'm still not seeing anything like a hand :(

Is this the 12" mark?

988F0AAB-2166-4481-9389-B4272EE3FA56.jpg

Edited by Cervelo

Cervelo, I can make out the curled hand that Branco describes, though I'm not sure that's what it is. Your red arrow above would line up with the outer edge of the thumb, the 3 fingers parallel to it as you move towards the 4" mark, each one shorter than the one nearer the thumb, and the pinky just barely making a mark above them. The heel of the thumb is the deepest impression, above and left of the arrow, and the rest of the palm is in the upper left corner of the frame. In other words, the knuckles of the curled hand are pointing towards the tape from the 12" to 2" marks.

Guest Cervelo

Here's a size 10 men's boot it's approximately 11-12ins long....

C3C1F71E-0444-4BAA-86DA-4225A0319E82.jpg

When scaled alongside the tape in the pic, (the red line indicating 12")

I don't see anything exceptional about the size of what I think is the partial boot print....

42714493-4AB6-4ECF-972F-8FAA335F662C.jpg

I have a different take on it:

post-17676-0-80740000-1393905947_thumb.j

Guest Cervelo

Sal,

I will commend you for at least trying to help me see what some see...but that's a bit of a stretch for me.

I'm still seeing multiple overlapping, boot prints, some freezes/thaw/refreeze....I guess it can be anything we want it to be?

D825D095-3ABD-4909-A6E4-67E09B8E35B5.jpg

Edited by Cervelo

Perhaps! But I have to assume that the tape measure was placed where it is for a reason.