Sign in to follow this  
SweatyYeti

Pgf Filmsite... Images

SweatyYeti

This thread is for any and all images of the PGF Filmsite....either from the Film itself, or pictures that were taken afterwards.

This first one is a composite of Frames...courtesy of Bill Munns...

compositelandscapePGFstart.jpg

This is a crop, from it...

CompositelandscapePGFstartCrop2.jpg

Lots more, to come...

• Upvote 1

Sweaty, I can't wait to see what you post!

:wub: I'm following this topic so that I can keep up the new posts!

SweatyYeti

Sweaty, I can't wait to see what you post!

:wub: I'm following this topic so that I can keep up the new posts!

Glad to hear that, Susi! :) But...wait no more...here is one of the 'Sequence 3' Frames...(in which the creek is visible)....overlaid over the large composite image...

OpeningSceneSeq3-OverlayAG1.gif

I lined them up by the 'angled tree stump'. Even though the background trees don't quite match-up....it still provides some information, on the direction the creek was flowing....and, some info regarding the embankments.

very interesting ,notice the foliage on the right!would be of value if we could get a estimation if that the film colours are correct, and the estimated time of month/year that one would expect to see that. to me they look well into autumn! but not local or a botanist that's just a guess.

gershake

I think treeknocker who I think is in the timber industry had a very sophisticated guess from the foliage as to what time of year it was... Hope he visits this thread.

roguefooter

would be of value if we could get a estimation if that the film colours are correct,

Just use the pool of blood as a reference. ;)

Guest Fister Crunchman

very interesting ,notice the foliage on the right!would be of value if we could get a estimation if that the film colours are correct, and the estimated time of month/year that one would expect to see that. to me they look well into autumn! but not local or a botanist that's just a guess.

Not sure if such estimates are possible, if the colour of the foliage depends on other variables such as how much sun/ water the trees got that summer, as well as on the time of year. But worth thinking about, as you say

Fister

Edited by Fister Crunchman

SweatyYeti

Here is my estimation of where the dividing line is, between the near (South side) embankment and the far (North side) embankment...

OpeningSceneSeq3-OverlayLinedAG1.gif

Here is the 'Titmus Map'...with an adjustment for the sharp turn of the creek, by the downfall trees...

SceneMapAdjusted1.jpg

Sweaty Yeti, can you add an arrow to the map showing the direction of the photo and the log pile/ Patty look back location?

Presume the creek is flowing right to left on the map?

Assume the creek (or the pool of blood) is flowing towards the camera in the photo?

Presume the log pile/ Patty look back area is off to the right of the photo therefore RP ran up and over the enbankement directly infront?

Just trying to tie the photo and map together in my brain :wacko:

Thanks

Edited by megatarsal

SweatyYeti

Sweaty Yeti, can you add an arrow to the map showing the direction of the photo and the log pile/ Patty look back location?

Presume the creek is flowing right to left on the map?

Assume the creek (or the pool of blood) is flowing towards the camera in the photo?

Presume the log pile/ Patty look back area is off to the right of the photo therefore RP ran up and over the enbankement directly infront?

Just trying to tie the photo and map together in my brain :wacko:

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge...your statement/questions are correct, megatarsel. :)

To try to illustrate Patty's and Roger's paths....I added one of the first 'Middle Frames' of the Film...(when Roger had just crossed over the creek)...to the montage...

OpeningSceneCreekMiddleFrameLinedAG1.gif

I also highlighted...

The direction of flow, of the creek....a rough approximation of the path Roger took, going up and down one embankment, crossing the creek, and then up the other embankment....and the 'S'-shaped Trunk, with yellow dots.

At the top of the 'South' embankment...(where the solid white line changes to a dotted white line)....would be where the 2 Frames of 'Sequence 3' were shot...

Sequence3AG2.gif

Edited by SweatyYeti

I think treeknocker who I think is in the timber industry had a very sophisticated guess from the foliage as to what time of year it was... Hope he visits this thread.

Send him a PM, and invite him over to look at this. :D

Just use the pool of blood as a reference. ;)

:blush: Pool of blood? Did I miss something? Whose blood? :blink:

yikes!

Glad to hear that, Susi! :) But...wait no more...here is one of the 'Sequence 3' Frames...(in which the creek is visible)....overlaid over the large composite image...

OpeningSceneSeq3-OverlayAG1.gif

I lined them up by the 'angled tree stump'. Even though the background trees don't quite match-up....it still provides some information, on the direction the creek was flowing....and, some info regarding the embankments.

This is *so* amazing to see the scope of that area, and what the men were dealing with as they ran after BF for pictures. Did anyone fall?(beside the horse which I remember something about falling and bending a stirrup)

Wow, Sweaty, You are Amazing!

Of course, I already knew that. ;)

Thanks Sweaty Yeti. Ive always wondered how those few initial frames fit into the time frame and topography of the creak basin and thnow thanks to your explanation above I now understand. Brilliant. Thanks.

Just another question related to your pics above - the 'S' shaped log in the background on the larger pic with the small yellow dot; is this the blurry object in the foreground on the right with the larger yellow dot that RP has reached with his camera? if so then there is more flat terrain/ creak bed beyond the 'horizon' in this photo than i appreciated.

Sign in to follow this