Old Dog

Why Fake It?

Ronn1, have you seen the Myakka Photo? That's pretty clear.

Ronn1, have you seen the Myakka Photo? That's pretty clear.

Isn't unambiguous like the PGF and still looks *APE* like from what I can tell.

SweatyYeti

That was a really silly video there Sweaty... thanks for the laugh. I especially liked the excellent reporting around proven hoaxes and the P&G saying the grainy vid was shot in the 50s and since the original filmers have come forward stating it was all a hoax. Lots of liberties taken there....Yeah no media biased agenda exists...Ok (sarcasm)

Glad you liked that, Phaige. :) But, it's Tom that we all really have to thank!.. ;)

As David Bowie once said...

"Ground Control....to Major Tom...

Ground Control....to Major Tom...

Take your protein pills....and PUT YOUR GLASSES ON...   :o

TommySeesBigfootie_zps6db5cc97.jpg

ThePhaige

^^haha agreed

SweatyYeti

^

:)

dmaker

I would never take a job paying all the money that P/G has made all those people since it was shot.  Even if the job didn't involve work I could still probably find a better one.

If one thing about P/G has been proven it is:  if it's a fake, it never made back what it cost to make.

Still hoping that you are going to provide something to support your rather clear claim here? You must have knowledge of both exactly what it cost to make the PGF as well as how much has been made to date? Or perhaps you have something that you can cite?  Or is this just your subjective opinion?

Edited by dmaker

SweatyYeti

^

I would guess that the PGF cost somewhere around $1,700 to make....give or take some undeterminable amount. :) 

xspider1

A short list of those who have successfully confirmed a Bigfoot:

(No one)

Actually, Munns, et al have successfully confirmed proof of at least one Bigfoot: Patty.  And, since proof is generally in the eye of the beholder(s); I won't mention the thousands of eye-witnesses who are quite clear and quite positive in regard to what they have seen with their own eyes.  There is proof a plenty of Bigfoot, just no proof that works for everybody.  The same can be said for many things.  For instance: there are still many people who are quite certain that no human ever landed on the moon.  Personally, I'm glad to not be among those who "know" that all things which they do not understand are automatically fake. 

:keeporder:

Guest DWA

If one thing about P/G has been proven it is:  if it's a fake, it never made back what it cost to make."  DWA

Could you please point to where that was proven?

As soon as you point out anything that supports your position, sure.  

Mine?  Simple logic.

dmaker

^^ Actually what you need is simple arithmetic and evidence DWA, not logic. I guess we can surmise that you have nothing whatsoever to support your claim in this regard. Ok, we'll just note that for future reference when you say "proven", what you really mean is "made up by you on the spot".

Thanks.

And not sure what sort of smoke screen you are attempting to create here. What is "my position", as you put it, in this thread?  This is not a thread about existence, so surely you can't be asking me to offer support, here in this thread, for the Bigfoot null hypothesis?  That would be off-topic and a thread derail. Something you complain about constantly. So I am puzzled as to what "position" you think I have taken in this thread. 

I am simply asking you to provide some support for a pretty clear, but bold, claim that you made. It is a very clear statement and, as such, should be very easy to support with things like total revenue earned vs total expenditure for the film.  I assume you must have access to these figures or you would not have made your claim. I am simply asking you to share that information so that your claim can be properly supported. 

My "position" on the existence, or non-existence, of Bigfoot is off-topic and should be left out of this and not used as a distraction for the fact that you actually have nothing at all to support your claim.  You can, however, prove me wrong by providing something here, right now.

Edited by dmaker

Backdoc

A short list of those who have successfully confirmed a Bigfoot:

(No one)

Well, one must disprove the photographic and footprint evidence on the PGF.  That is, evidence has been put out there.   Photographic evidence is used all the time to tell who robbed a bank and so on.  Those who are skeptics asked for film evidence.  The PGF is film evidence.  It is up to those who doubt this to prove it is a hoax.  If you are satisfied that has been accomplished, then there is probably little else to say.  I have searched for such a rebuttal to the PGF starting this summer. I thought I would find it on the BFF.  I was shocked how absolutely weak the attempts have been to refute it.  

dmaker

^^ I suggest you go and read the rather large thread at the JREF.

Backdoc

I had better since the pages I have read here have been weak.   Almost laughable.  Perhaps a link could help me find my way?

SweatyYeti

dmaker wrote:

I suggest you go and read the rather large thread at the JREF

Let's see one of those "skeptics" come here and....take their pick... :) ....(a clenched fist or an inhumanly-proportioned arm)...

LMS-F356-F362-Matt-ArmComp2_zps4662742f.

Let's see one of those skeptics show one of these upper-arms matching Patty's upper-arm length...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/SweatyYeti/Arm%20Comparisons%20Two/Elbow-Line-Up3_zps2f4de0c3.jpg

Whether here, or on Jref....talk is cheap....and that is all I've ever seen going-on over there. Hence....I don't waste my time, posting there. 

Backdoc wrote:

I had better since the pages I have read here have been weak.   Almost laughable.  Perhaps a link could help me find my way?

I would recommend that you not bother, Doc....unless you enjoy swimming in sewage. :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

dmaker

Here you go Doc:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=249835

That is part 4 of a 4 part, should be easy to navigate to part 1 from there. As far as I understand, there was another thread that dealt with Munns specifically, but then he threatened legal action and it was since removed. That was before my time at JREF, so I don't know any details. The thread I linked deals with the PGF in general.