Old Dog

Why Fake It?

Guest DWA

Ask a skeptic what conditions might have to be met in 1967 in order to film or a chance to film a bigfoot.  Some with a reasonable dialog will say:

Have a camera ready or near ready

Get it in an open area (hard to see it in the thickets)

Catch it unaware

Go to an area where they have been recently in order to increase the odds of an encounter

Keep searching in spite of disappointment

and so on.

When you think about the type of conditions that would need to be present to luck out the PGF has them.  Put another way, if Roger has claimed to take these in Central Park during a Rolling Stones concert the odds would seem to go down.

We have all heard Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity.  Just something to think about.

A skeptic would say, given the evidence already on site and the preparations made by Patterson and Gimlin - specifically horses for travel - that it would be expected given the time in-field for them to come back with a film of the animal leaving the evidence.

The default position is that it was faked. 

Deal with it or show me Monkey.

Never.

In no scientific debate is the default position one for which its proponents have offered no evidence.

{IN 46 YEARS!}

You have been shown monkey.  Just watch the movie again.

Edited by DWA

Squatchy McSquatch

Then the proponents had better hurry up and find some evidence worthy of scientific recognition.

46 years and all you have is a film of a guy in a suit and some plaster prints.

And lots of proven hoaxes in between.

SweatyYeti

Then the proponents had better hurry up and find some evidence worthy of scientific recognition. 46 years and all you have is a film of a guy in a suit and some plaster prints. And lots of proven hoaxes in between.

Hey, Squatchy.....we have more than you do. I won't waste my time listing it all, for you. :)

Squatchy McSquatch

And I don't waste my time posting pictures of elbows and old television actors... to each his own.I apologize for the repetition of Got Monkey? Please show me where the Scientific community or the Fossil Record accept Sasquatch as confirmed.You don't gotta have monkey, but without a type specimen you are excused.

The rug monkey is a topic for another thread and you know it.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

SweatyYeti

I apologize for the repetition of Got Monkey? 

It's okay, Squatchy.....it's all you got. :lol:

Backdoc

Got fur suit?

Wheellug

Squatchy as far as fossil records go they only just discovered a few teeth for chimps in Africa. 

There are teeth in China for something believed extinct.   

Asking for a fossil record is not something that can be provided at this time.

As far as the scientific community, the topic is hotly debated, there are several persons with degrees who claim they are real.  However, even you deny that their acceptance is flawed.  

So.. you're asking for 2 things that cannot be supplied - at this time.  

Edited by Wheellug

Guest DWA

"Fossil record" means "what we lamebutts have been able to find...so far."

One cannot address the evidence for something living now by referring to an incomplete fossil record.  Frequently, the first fossil of an ancestor is found after the living animal is confirmed.  Now, people frinding anomalous remains can link them to something.  (And now they have the first idea of where to look.)

I think that is Time No. 133 that I've made that point on the BFF.

Edited by DWA

Backdoc

Someone stated there is no fossil record ever found of a Chimp?  If true, I just knew those chimps looked like Bob Hieronimus' grandchild in a chimp suit.

Guest Crowlogic

You fake it because you can but you can't do real.  You can't do real because real won't/can't show up.  Won't show up is just a matter of time until it does.  Can't show up because it isn't out there to show up.  If an unquestionably real Sasquatch is captured on video then the only reason to fake is to jump on the band wagon or disprove the real video.  In between there are sub reasons for hoaxing.  Such as attention gathering, money, fun.  If a bullet proof Sasquatch video is ever made there will be 100 times as many fakes being turned out for the reasons listed.