Interesting Video "torn Up Camp"

What does everyone think about this video?  It's pretty interesting and I'm really curious what went on there.  I really wish we could see the area in the daylight too, especially the torn up trees. 

He posted this months ago and was asked to take it down, but he just re-posted it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOn2Zh5A3-w

Cisco

Why was he asked to take it down?

Skookum Chuck

Howdy Airdale... Interesting video here.  Wonder if they found any good tracks?

Rockape

I only watched about 15 minutes of it, so I don't know if there was anything more, but it looks like just a wild party. Still, a strange thing to find. Some weird stuff there.

Why was he asked to take it down?

He said something about reporting it, so there might have been a criminal investigation and they asked him to take the video down until they were through.

WV FOOTER

That video gave me Flashbacks of some Wild Spring Breaks. Ah, the Good Old Days!

From the lil bit I watched I was looking at the ground it saw what looked like wheel barrow or such tracks and the ground seemed pretty conducive for spoor. That's were I would be looking, instead of walking all over it 

Shelly

It says at the end they were going to do a daylight sweep in the morning... did they?

Airdale

It was interesting enough to keep my attention through the entire video. WRT the video being pulled, I was thinking the same thing as Rockape. That may also explain the lack of a daylight follow up, if the scene was the subject of an official investigation. This gentleman has quite a number of videos on his YouTube channel, does anyone have any other experience with him?

Guest JiggyPotamus

This is a very weird find. For those saying it could have been wild party, there are some potential problems that would need addressing with this hypothesis. Number one, where did all the people go, and why did they leave all of their stuff? Obviously the campfire indicates this was a recent occurrence. And if it was a wild party, I would expect to see many, many more alcohol containers and whatnot lying around. And even at a party I cannot see people tearing up the tent, and throwing the campfire around, tearing up trees and brush, and breaking THICK limbs that are higher than a human can reach, and then abandoning everything. Then there is the fact that this is not the first camp that has been torn up in the area. And this is not the first weird incident either, according to the witnesses.

Had it been a wild party, certainly some of the people were planning on spending the night in the tent. This didn't happen. The major evidence would come in the form of tracks. And there are lots of them. I count at least three different sets of barefoot tracks. This would mean three individuals, as the foot shapes are all different. I noticed some that they didn't point out in the video as well. Then there are also shoe tracks as well. From what I can see, there were at least 4 people, or 4 "somethings." There are tire tracks as well, meaning everyone could have left in a vehicle. Interestingly, there are barefoot tracks located on top of tire tracks, which could indicate that, IF this was bigfoot, that the camp was torn up after everyone was scared away.

There don't appear to be any bear tracks or other animal tracks.  Sasquatch is a possibility, and there are many things that would fit with such a scenario. This wouldn't be the first time a sasquatch was claimed to have scared someone out of their tent by tearing up the surrounding foliage, as well as the camp itself.  I will say that this doesn't appear to me to be a hoax or a staged situation...At least the people filming don't appear to have hoaxed this. Could somebody have been attempting to play a joke by setting up a trashed camp? I highly doubt it, as it seems like a lot of effort with no payoff, especially if this is out in the middle of nowhere.

As I get further in the video, I am struck by the condition of the surrounding foliage. That appears much more like the doings of an animal than a person, considering the shape of the camp. Would a bear tear up trees like that, or any other known animal, and then not leave any footprints? A bear would have tracks all over the place, as it lumbered around. I know a sasquatch will break and push or pull trees when agitated, especially when attempting to get someone to leave an area, but it would be a stretch to automatically conclude that this is what happened here. But you know I am going to go in that direction, just for kicks.

So here is what happened. There were two or three people camping out, and they had a fire going very close to the front of their tent. They have been drinking liquor, judging from the bottle on the ground, and by this time they are all in the tent, maybe just going to bed. They start hearing strange noises coming from around their camp. They get frightened to the extreme as activity picks up. From the edges of their camp they start hearing branches breaking, and all manner of unfamiliar sounds and vocalizations. They have no clue what is going on. They start freaking out, and try to think what they should do. At this point something enters their camp and begins pushing on their tent, and this is when they jump up, leave everything behind, and hop in their vehicle and high tail it out of there. Then about 3 or 4 sasquatch enter the camp and ransack it, going through stuff, and tearing stuff up.

I just don't think anybody would have stuck around, IF it was a bigfoot, long enough to see the animals tear their camp up that much. But if this is what happened, then obviously the people didn't leave right away, as the animal's would probably have been tearing up the trees only while people remained in the camp. Another thing is that even though the trees right at the edge of the camp are torn up, and one would think any sasquatch would stick to the shadows and outskirts to avoid being directly seen, this could mean that the area was in darkness.

There are some very thick branches that have been broken. Everything about what I am seeing here makes me think this is not the work of humans, as it just doesn't make sense to me. It is possible, but then again so is the sasquatch hypothesis I just put forth. Humans would be statistically more plausible as an explanation, since there are more of them than sasquatch, but given the location and what the camp looks like, I think this was the work of a wild animal. Maybe a bear though, not necessarily a sasquatch. But the tearing up of trees and stuff doesn't seem to fit with what I know of bears. I don't see why they would be interested in anything but the stuff in the camp, especially food. And if they were cooking over that fire, perhaps it drew the bears in. Anyone know where this occurred, or how deep in the woods it was? Actually, the guy says it is in the middle of nowhere, to answer my own question.

The comments on Youtube just raise more questions as well. One person talks like there were people killed, but they didn't know if any bodies were found. I do feel that the poster of this video is being quite evasive in their comments to people's questions. Many of the mysteries could be cleared up if these guys would simply answer some of the questions that have been put forth.

And look at the tent. That thing is RIPPED. It looks like someone just grabbed two parts of it and then pulled them apart. That would take a lot of strength, to rip nylon in that direction. I don't know how easy it is to tear, but to actually make a hole in it by pulling it apart takes some doing. The more I watch, the more I think sasquatch could be involved. Look at the tree that is BROKEN off so high up. It is a straight limb, snapped off higher than humans can reach. Much higher. Then there was a grunt from the woods. Other animals do grunt though.

The X shapes with the trees. I never put much stock in them, but some say that this is a territorial signal that the sasquatch use to mark territory or something. Now if this is true, it makes sense with the overall picture here, considering the sasquatch would have "attacked" the camp because they didn't want the people or the campsite there. So to top off their destruction, they could have placed their mark there, which to them would mean "This is mine, stay away." They maybe wouldn't understand that humans don't know what the symbol means. Who knows?

The people could have been in the tent when the animals approached, and I would hate to think that all this destruction, especially the ripping of the tent, occurred while the people were still there. That would have been horrifying. Here is the deal though. If the people got away, and it was some sort of animal attack, then wouldn't they report it? And wouldn't the police put two and two together? But they probably wouldn't tell anybody, so we would never know the truth. They seemed to think that there were puddles of urine. It was quite a bit of liquid, and maybe this was another territorial marker of sorts. Or maybe somebody or something just had to go. A person wouldn't have done it in the middle of the camp.

Not definitive, but possible. I am not going to finish the video, but I want to say that I am NOT certain this was a bigfoot situation. I just feel that it is likely, and maybe even probable given all of the accumulated evidence, and given the fact that this is not the first camp that has been torn up in the area, from what the guy said in the video. All of the weirdness just accumulates, making this a big mystery imo. And the more I watch the video, the more I do not think this was just some wild party. There could have been a party, but that doesn't mean the people did this to their own stuff. It just doesn't make any sense.

chelefoot

From watching the whole thing and reading comments, a few of the questions raised here can be answered.

He would not say who told him to take the video down.  He said they did go back the next day, and found the authorities there cleaning it up and pouring dirt all over the campsite. He said didn't get far with any follow up.  He seems very reluctant to give anymore info.  They did find barefoot foot prints, but none that I saw that seems out of human range.

Drunk kids, fight.... still doesn't explain the mess made in the surrounding forest.  It does appear that they took most of their stuff except the tent, trash...and why leave a fire burning? (Could be the alcohol again - which I saw a few liquor bottles, sooo)

Here is the answer he gave when someone asked if they went back in the daytime.

photo.jpg

"yes we went back and found that the it was being cleaned up and dirt was being poured over everything thats really all I want to say."

I think daytime video of the destruction of the surrounding trees and bushes is the main thing we need to see so I wish he would at least film that.  Those trees could have just been wind damage, but it's hard to tell at night. 

Got it!

Edited by BR Woods

I'm thinking young folk having a good old drinking fest and party. Tore up the woods around them because a lot of it looked like it was dead anyway. Got throwing the stuff around while they where partying it up, as young men will do. A lot of horseplay, general rough housing. One of them gets all stupid and knocks a burning log onto the tent. Wrecks tent, so they pack up, leave, abandoning the ruined burnt tent, and not bothering to clean up their mess, or even douse the fire.
Maybe one was injured and that sped them up?

GuyInIndiana

Sorry, but it watches like a poorly constructed "Blair Witch" concept. There is NO WAY to know what happened there, and then the insistance that "this just happened tonight" with complete conjecture about everything you're being shown.

For all you know, he staged it himself... and all the background info posted is just to make a convincing backstory and to add to the mystery. Other than HIS claims on a Youtube channel, what facts are actually established about anything you are shown?

And to jump to any subjective idea that "this could have been done by a bigfoot" is so speculative, it's just silly.

The whole thing just feels so staged.

• Upvote 1

Titanpat57

I'm with GII..."oh look..there's a footprint'...and right next to it is a boot print even bigger...reminds me of TGBF where it all "leads" you to a conclusion...meh...lots of drama.