Guest reelback

Bigfoot Bounty - The Show

Guest reelback

Wow.  I was pretty surprised how hokey it was.  They vote folks off ala survivor?  Ok.  I thought the objective was to find a Bigfoot, how does one do that will FEWER people every episode?

It was worth seeing just to watch Justin Smeija roll around in the dirt to cover his scent. 

All in all, its not worth watching and will almost certainly never bag any evidence at all.

daveedoe

those scientist called Smeija on his feral human DNA, called him a murderer if he did kill a feral human. That guy gives me the creeps I would not trust him on his word ever. This is another reality show that is way out of reality.

I would love the $$$$ prize. 

gigantor

IMO the only $$$ on that show is the loot made by the show producers and broadcaster.

• Upvote 1

chelefoot

Justin came out on Facebook and said that they took a 2 hour conversation and condensed it to a 2 min spot on the show. He said that when he said "Feral DNA" he was referring to Melba's findings, not the 2 tests that Bart and Tyler (or Sykes) had done that came back bear.

I think the show needed a bad guy, someone everyone would love to hate, and Justin was ready made for the part.

WV FOOTER

To claim what he has claimed, Then his "Steak" came back as a Bear.  Not much credibility. IMO This whole scenario smells to high heaven.

BC witness

The producers seem to have stirred together equal parts of survivor, big brother, and finding bigfoot, and the resulting stew is not worth eating. I'll pass on episode 2. Sadly, the general public may start to look upon us "serious amatuers" in the same light as this hokey show portrays.

• Upvote 1

BobbyO
SSR Team

I thought the objective was to find a Bigfoot.

Noooooo, it's just about people getting 5 mins of fame more than anything, and of course viewing figures.

It's a habit that lots of researchers are into currently.

They're not achieving their objectives, so attempt to get on TV in an attempt to massage their ego's.

Guest reelback

I think Smeija spends more time with excuses than anything else.  I'm sure the conversation was condensed, but the facts here are that all the DNA samples including the Sykes sample came back false. 

As to the question of why anyone would lie about such a story... well, he's on a TV show now.  Wouldn't that be reasonable justification?  If such an animal 'died in your arms' after being 'shot in the neck', you'd almost certainly be covered in its blood.  Enough for 10,000 samples.  And all he had was something on a boot which didn't test positive?  Even though the show was awful, I was glad to see him appropriately called out.

• Upvote 1

Noooooo, it's just about people getting 5 mins of fame more than anything, and of course viewing figures.

It's a habit that lots of researchers are into currently.

They're not achieving their objectives, so attempt to get on TV in an attempt to massage their ego's.

I could not agree more. It's also about the quantity of so called "evidence", and not the quality.  This show.. encourages newbies that might become interested in field work, to do the same. More competition, and less cooperation.. things that this field are already plagued with. More junk evidence... with collections of known critter poop, tree falls they call "structures", recordings of owls, and red circled photos of nothing but forest scenery. Even decent evidence, does not cut it in this field of interest.  I see these kind of shows.. dragging things down into the pit, even further

Edited by imonacan

1980squatch

Wife always watches FB with me. We saw this and she says never again LOL!

Darrell

Well, believe it or not, the world as a whole doesnt take this whole bigfoot thing seriously. And you all only need to look in the mirror to learn why. Yep, bigfooters want to be taken serious, then footers need to be serious. And you wont get there by buying every story someone pitches or stubornly standing by those that make a circus ot of the phenomina.  Doesnt mean you will find a bigfoot or than they exist, but at least the community as a whole wont look like weirdos.

• Upvote 1

Guest reelback

^^

You need only take a look at the way that bunch was portrayed to laugh at the community.  I agree Oh Mah, this show does damage to the whole thing being taken seriously.  I mean, you shoot these scenes next to a large cage, like as if one day it might get used.  And those 2 American Indian dudes didn't even know what dried moss looks like?  I mean, did anyone notice how much of it there was?  Perhaps they thought a Bigfoot had a haircut in that spot.

WV FOOTER

Wife always watches FB with me. We saw this and she says never again LOL!

She's not alone.