Why Do Bigfoots Not Harm Humans More Often?

georgerm

Why do bigfoots not kill humans more often? It seems they throw rocks, scream, push over logs, chase, but never seem to harm us. Thank God for this but why?

A.   Do they know humans will retaliate?

B.   Do they have a code of ethics and think it’s wrong to kill higher animals such as humans or other bigfoots.

C.   Do they kill animals that they prefer to eat and humans are not high on the list.

D.   Do they despise us and eating humans is revolting?

E.    What else??

Most animals, including some of the top predators like the Great White Shark, don't normally or naturally kill humans.  

When wild animals attack people there is usually a reason - protecting young, defending a den, etc.  Carniverous type animals dont usually just kill unless they are hungry.

Using gorillas as an example, they seem to be pretty low key.  They can be ferocious appearing with roars, chest beating, mock charges and intimidation, but they seem to be pretty retiring and shy creatures overall.  I cant say I have ever heard of a gorilla actually attacking someone. 

I personally view bigfoot as being more of an omnivore too than a carnivore or great hunter. But that is just my opinion.  Most predatory animals are anatomically different than a human or great ape.  or, like humans, they use tools and have used tools like spears for tens of thousands of years to hunt, since we are not natural physical hunters.

I do not know of any overwelming evidence of bigfoot ever killing anyone at least in any number of incidents outside of the norm for large animals.  Mostly it seems to be more anecdotal, like the story related by Teddy Roosevelt that implied something like a Sasquatch killed a man.

• Upvote 1

More often? Do we know they kill any humans?

According to David Paulides's book Missing 411, it happens from time to time.

I do not know of any overwelming evidence of bigfoot ever killing anyone at least in any number of incidents outside of the norm for large animals.  Mostly it seems to be more anecdotal, like the story related by Teddy Roosevelt that implied something like a Sasquatch killed a man.

One example. We just don't know how often it happens since we don't find remains or witness the killing. Is bigfoot too smart to get caught?

Do you know of examples?

Edited by georgerm

is BF too smart to get caught ?     heck,   so far its been too smart to be proven to exist.

so who knows, it might carry off all kinds of victims......or not.  I suspect about the only way to know would to be in the wrong place / wrong time.

To be fair David never links bf to the files, with that said what do Indian tales tell us?

Does bf take people? Yes

Does bf eat people? Yes

A whole host of reasons could answer why, including predation, sexual attraction and surrogate motherly instincts. As well as defense of mate, young, territory or even retaliation.

is BF too smart to get caught ?     heck,   so far its been too smart to be proven to exist.

Yes. Very curious....

Sometimes it makes me wonder if it isn't some delusion to which we humans are prone and in reality BF doesn't exist at all. Perhaps some ancestral memory that takes the form of potent hallucinations. Yet the reports are there with an internal consistency about them that makes it probable that people are describing something they actually encountered. And then there are the footprints...

It is a real puzzle, isn't it?

According to David Paulides's book Missing 411, it happens from time to time.

According to Paulides there was also a Bigfoot massacre and cover up at Bluff Creek. The guy is all about conspiracy theories.

Edited by roguefooter

SSR Team

According to Paulides there was also a Bigfoot massacre and cover up at Bluff Creek. The guy is all about conspiracy theories.

Seriously ? You got any links to him stalking about that ?

The thing with those books is Paulides isn't suggesting anything, he's just giving hard facts and doesn't mention the word Sasquatch once nor put the blame onto any of those deaths or disappearances on anything at all.

They're not fictional stories, they're just a narrated version of events that happened.

We don't know how little or few humans Sasquatches kill, if any.

I suspect they do personally and if they do, it's not as if anyone lives to tell the tale for starters ad secondly, you're never going to get them attributed or blamed like a cougar or bear would be, because they aren't even considered a suspect as they " don't exist ".

• Upvote 1

I think if it happens, it is extremely rare.   There are not that many people who go missing and STAY missing.  20 years later, there's often an answer. 

I've bumped into two people who were involved in S&R in cases Paulides included and reported as unresolved.   Both of them knew the resolution, it was in local papers.   Paulides didn't.  I found one case he'd misrepresented a bit and one where it appeared he'd swallowed an outright hoax.    So ... on the strength of that ... while I'd pay attention to his reports, I would not put a great deal of weight on them.   It'd be interesting if someone had time and inclination to follow up on each report and see if they could find information about the resolution that escaped Paulides' attention.

Of what's left, some are truly mysterious and pretty spooky.   I just think the numbers are padded.

So far as the original question, I think there are a couple things in play.   I think avoiding retaliation is a factor, I think inherent disinclination is another.    Yeah, I think they recognize some "brotherhood of sapient beings" and show us respect even if we're too stupid / barbaric to show them the same.   It doesn't show in "BF crossed the road" reports, but if you study the LTW / habituation reports, they seem to be drawn to people who show empathy ... I suspect empathy is a common trait among them which guides how they interact with us. 

MIB

Edited by MIB

Guest Darrell

Why not? Its classic monstor lore to have the big bad beast prey on humans? But, there is zero evidence to suggest that it actually ever happens.

To be fair David never links bf to the files, with that said what do Indian tales tell us?

Does bf take people? Yes

Does bf eat people? Yes

A whole host of reasons could answer why, including predation, sexual attraction and surrogate motherly instincts. As well as defense of mate, young, territory or even retaliation.

Native Americans seem to agree on this issue, and they avoided BF lands for a reason. The NA knew the land so well, and probably had BF territory clearly defined for all to avoid.

Why not? Its classic monstor lore to have the big bad beast prey on humans? But, there is zero evidence to suggest that it actually ever happens.

Aside from the Osterman story, there is a report of a British Columbian NA trapper who was kidnapped by a clan of BFs. He figured they were keeping him to eat later like a pig in a pen so he escaped. He paddled his canoe miles and miles through dark seas to get back to the town.  He never left town again, and his hair turned white in a few months.  Peter Burnes investigated this report.

Kidnapping humans causes much harm and NA were aware of this practice. 

Guest Darrell

^ 85 yr old 2nd and 3rd hand stories are not evidence. Muchalat Harry's story was a 3rd hand story relayed by a chatholic missionary who claimed to have heard it. And while NA stories and legends are fun, IMO, if you choose to beleive the BF stuff you also have to believe all the other stuff we know is superstitious legend.