Why Do Bigfoots Not Harm Humans More Often?

georgerm

SSR Team

Well it says alot for BF since we are having trouble finding incidents where human were hurt. 

George, we are having enough trouble finding Sasquatch period without finding incidents where they hurt humans.

Shoot, every human that's gotten lost in the woods and never found was abducted or eaten by a bigfoot.  Pretty obvious.  They're smarter than anything out there; they're human...so they know how to hide evidence....

Speakinawich, see what you can do if you don't have evidence weighing you down?  Bigfoot skeptics are familiar with that free feeling too!

dmaker:  true enough.

(Your last post.  My inability to quote or cut/paste continues.  No diagnosis yet.)

Chimps also attack other primates (monkeys and baboons).

As sasquatch seem to be from the evidence every bit the predator chimps are when they want to be:  go figure.  No answer here, for sure.

If bigfoots are attacking humans then they are smart enough to leave no witnesses. Is it possible that BFs could police their own kind? BFs that harm humans are taken out by the BF clan, since they know humans will hunt down all BFs in the area.

dmaker:  true enough.

(Your last post.  My inability to quote or cut/paste continues.  No diagnosis yet.)

Chimps also attack other primates (monkeys and baboons).

As sasquatch seem to be from the evidence every bit the predator chimps are when they want to be:  go figure.  No answer here, for sure.

Yes, chimps can be brutal.

If Bigfoot is a thing, it's likely that violent incidents occur from time to time, as with any large predatory animal, when they cross paths with humans.

It's possible, however, that there arent very many survivors of these attacks... I wouldnt imagine many live to tell. 

But it's also likely that there just isnt much for a large predator to gain from eating a human. For any organism, the goal is to gain as much energy through feeding, and lose as little energy as possible in the process. Even if a Bigfoot could ultimately pull you apart like Kit Kats, humans can potentially put up a bit of resistance, certainly if they have a firearm or a large sharp instrument. If you're a wild animal and your prey severely wounds you during the process of the predation, it doesnt matter if you killed your prey in the end... there aint no hospitals out on the tundra to feed and nurse you back to health. You die... either of starvation, infection, predation or confrontation with another animal, or just from being weakened and exposure to the elements.

It makes a lot of sense for an animal such as Bigfoot to want nothing to do with a large and sometimes well-armed species that they probably dont cross paths with very often anyway.

Unfortunately... I think Paulides is full of it. 

Edited by ForestTone

I have always speculated that animals can connect cause and effect; I mean, I'm sure bears do it.  (Hurt one....and 50 come after you, with guns.)  That works to keep most animals that can hurt us from doing it.

Most.

I also think animals have personalities.  And just as with humans, one finds the ones that don't think they'll get caught; the ones that act with no thought of getting caught...and the ones that don't care whether they get caught or not.

Most bigfoots know that a few screams and bluff charges keep most humans out of their area for a long time if not forever. BFs know this and don't need to hurt us physically, but mental hurt and PTSD is fair.

DWA, I wonder if BFs are smart enough to know one human killing BF can bring fire and brimstone down on all BFs in the area. This might cause the innocent clan members to beat up or kill the Rogue bigfoot. 

Guest FEATHERSTONE

Not all Mountain lion attack people and eat them, yet some do, starving, sick, or just likes the taste of human...To think BF is a hairy hippie walking in the forest and is looking to cuddle is insane lol...Lets face it, more then half the people walking into the woods go in with zero knowledge of the woods, and if lost, are screwed without help..

I think BFs would be way more dangerous to humans if they were the type to kill for status like a chimpanzee does. A chimpanzee will kill a monkey not because he needs to eat it, but because he intends to share it with his male peers in exchange for their allegiance. He will also share it with female chimps in exchange for sexual relationships. All of this buttresses his hierarhcial standing. And given the relative size of a monkey to a chimp, we compare the same with a BF don't we? And we would be just as easy to catch, kill, and dismember wouldn't we? Especially if they are the stealthy hunters we suspect they are. That would make us easy prey for any BF looking to juice his standing with the ladies. I don't think that happens from what I can glean from the observations of you good folks. I see a BF as being more the kind to kill for survival. That doesn't mean they are any less dangerous to us, but it does mean that the circumstances would be entirely different. I would be nervous about encountering a BF in an environment stressed for resources, or where they have been abused by humans, or where they have something vital to protect, or I somehow pose a risk to their safety and survival, etc. I dunno. Maybe I am just a simple and naive fool. But my impression of BFs so far is that they are almost completely indifferent to us and usually evade us before we even know they are around. Am I wrong? I am pretty sure my chances of being stomped by a charging moose are night and day better than stirring the ire of a BF. In fact, in my 50 years of wilderness adventures, I have never encountered any circumstance that lead me to believe I was in the presence of a BF. I do believe they exist and I know people who claim to have seen them. In fact, a logger friend of mine had one appear about 20 yards from where he was working on his woodlot. And while it was a very peaceful encounter it still turned him white with fear. I am pretty sure our BF friends sense that they have the upper hand in these kinds of encounters. Curiously enough, a native elder told me that this BF appeared to remind my friend that his destruction of the woodlands were not acceptable to "the protectors of the forest". Gotta love that!!!

Edited by cwittler

^^^Well, one could talk about the capacity of bear, cougar and wolf - shoot, from recorded instances, even coyote - to kill and eat us too.

It happens.  But not often.

We don't know about every single human disappearance ever recorded on the NA continent.  But facts generally don't support that you are in any more trouble entering bigfoot country than what you'd be in were they not there.