Why Do Bigfoots Not Harm Humans More Often?

georgerm

Why would any thinking creature of the woods, who has observed the savagery that awaits anyone who kills a human, invite such a fate? They know bluffing and other benign measures work like a charm.

Good point and most BFs probably know this. Are there BFs that are exceptions to the rule?

Really well put JDL. In the book Tribal Bigfoot, by Paulides, a report descrbes a road worker kidnapped by a BF. He finally escaped and told of being held in a pit and the BF purposely injured his feet to prevent escape. That's weird.

There must be reports out there about BF taking out a human. Has anyone come across such a report?

There doesn't have to be such a report if (1) the human didn't make it back to file one and (2) the perpetrator isn't even acknowledged as real.

Guest Urkelbot

Of course it isn't.

To suggest Woodpeckers are as much a possibility of killing people in the forest, if not more, is of course absurd and so absurd that is basically dismissal of Sasquatch on the whole.

But.........Of course, it can be done because at least a woodpeckers "exists"..

No and there never will be until they are classified as a living breathing species.

Not as absurd as you might think. Woodpeckers can serve as reservoirs for potentially lethal pathogens. With the help of a tick or mosquito woodpeckers can kill.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1863-2378.2012.01462.x/full

Edited by Urkelbot

So it's mosquitoes and ticks THAT ARE THE REAL MURDERERS!!!!  And it's understandable.  We war on them.  THEY FIGHT BACK.  OK, let's avoid that thread derailment.

No and there never will be until they are classified as a living breathing species.

I don't think that's the point of the thread.  So let's assume that Bigfoot is a real, living, breathing species recognized by mainstream science to exist.

Well first, how do people die in the woods?  To the best of my knowledge it's typically to accidents or exposure, and rarely to animal attacks.  No mystery there, right?

So what, then, of disappearances brought up JDL?  There are scavengers out in the wild, even in national parks, which could help explain the majority of those disappearences.

I was hurt by a bigfoot.

Can you show on the doll the Bigfoot touched you? ;)

Edited by Leftfoot

I personally think most bigfoot are gentle giants...as in not going to attack humans. However, like in humans AND animals....sometimes someone/something is just born vicious. A "rogue" bigfoot I suppose you could call it. Who is to say no one in the history of the usa encountered such a creature? Like I said, dead people don't talk.

About the bigfoot wars.

I have never heard the story happening anywhere else but Oklahoma. 

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/10/humans-and-bigfoots-fought-each-other.html

I have heard of other tribes that believed bigfoot to be a cannibal. 

Of course it isn't.

To suggest Woodpeckers are as much a possibility of killing people in the forest, if not more, is of course absurd and so absurd that is basically dismissal of Sasquatch on the whole.

But.........Of course, it can be done because at least a woodpeckers "exists"..

Woodpeckers attacking humans is actually verifiable and as ridiculous as it sounds it still stands as being more plausible for killing a human. Yes even ticks and mosquitos are more plausible- many people have died from the diseases they carry. Humans killing humans, animals killing humans, the weather killing humans, even plants and trees killing humans- all more plausible for killing a human in the woods. Bigfoot killing or attacking people is a blank slate in comparison- nothing more than speculation.

It's a simple concept. Plausibility requires more than just a simple suggestion. How about some human corpses with unknown causes of death with injuries that can only point to a sasquatch? Something, anything?

Edited by roguefooter

Hello simplyskyla, 

The "wars" I was referring to were conflicts between two tribes of Sasquatch but I think you already got that one. As far as your link goes, even though it is on "Bigfoot Evidence" it still came into there from a certain RL who I think is not to be named on this Forum? I'll try to find another reference to this acount if you don't mind.

Ok, here is a good one:

http://sasquatchhistory.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/bigfoot-human-oklahoma-war-1855/

:)

Edited by hiflier

Thanks for posting Hiflier:

When the eight men met with the “bandits†they were totally unprepared for what greeted them. The clearing behind the inital tree cover was actually a large, earthen mound. Strewn about the mound were numerous corpses of human children in varying stages of decay. Most of the bandits had fled, but three really large, hairy ape-like creatures remained at the mound. Captain Josh drew his sabre and with pistol in hand, sabre in the other, charged the huge monsters.

Hello Georgerm,

If that story is anywhere near true then the experience if I was there would mean I'd never sleep a wink for the rest of my natural life. And you're welcome, my friend.

I personally think most bigfoot are gentle giants...as in not going to attack humans. However, like in humans AND animals....sometimes someone/something is just born vicious. A "rogue" bigfoot I suppose you could call it. Who is to say no one in the history of the usa encountered such a creature? Like I said, dead people don't talk.

About the bigfoot wars.

I have never heard the story happening anywhere else but Oklahoma. 

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/10/humans-and-bigfoots-fought-each-other.html

I have heard of other tribes that believed bigfoot to be a cannibal. 

Thanks Simpl...for the story:

Probably the Bigfoots were more aggressive against Indians because the Indians did not have good methods for killing them. Power comes from the barrel of a gun after all. Bigfoots are highly intelligent and appear to have a language. Our guns are very powerful, much more powerful than the Indians’ weapons. Bigfoots have probably learned to fear and respect us due to our weaponry, and that is why they are much more pacifistic than they were in the Indian era and even during the early era of White settlement of the West.