Why Do Bigfoots Not Harm Humans More Often?

georgerm

I have heard this story for years but the real story is according to a Choctaw indian man that these were whites and they were descendants of the Vikings.  Nineteen dead children and the fact that a buffalo rifle had not been around back then.  Read it for yourself and decide.  Legends, I suspect have a bit of truth to them but we may never know the complete and unadulterated story about Captain LeFlore.

SSR Team

Woodpeckers attacking humans is actually verifiable and as ridiculous as it sounds it still stands as being more plausible for killing a human. Yes even ticks and mosquitos are more plausible- many people have died from the diseases they carry. Humans killing humans, animals killing humans, the weather killing humans, even plants and trees killing humans- all more plausible for killing a human in the woods. Bigfoot killing or attacking people is a blank slate in comparison- nothing more than speculation.

It's a simple concept. Plausibility requires more than just a simple suggestion. How about some human corpses with unknown causes of death with injuries that can only point to a sasquatch? Something, anything?

Yep I completely agree.

I can't say anything more because there is nothing else to say on this until these things are proven to exist, if they ever are.

Hello LarryP,

...Then there's the Mockingbirds........

Yes. Please do not bring up the subject of mockingbirds when there are children in the room

Aside from woodpeckers attacking people, my cat Tigger can growl and lash out if you pet him on the tail. He took on 4 juvenile racoons once and came out on top!

Read about murder by bigfoot.  ".......a Bigfoot creature had gone through there the day before and had torn up the campground; had turned over a "large" trash container (of the type you find behind large department stores – dumpsters), that no man can even begin to move and had killed several people........".   http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/inyo_county.htm 

BFRO had a report of a fellow in Washington that was torn up by a bigfoot. There just aren't that many reports of BF harming people. Is it out of fear of our weapons, or do they have some sort of code that requires hands off the hairless ones?

Hello georgerm,

I've proposed this several time and folks are probably tired of it so this may be my last time. Animals can be intelligent but my thinking is that they are only as intelligent as the environment requires. I've proposed also that their logic is a simple one that they would understand and be familiar with. And that is: their first impression because of our smaller size is that we are juveniles. Animals and we Humans know what it can be like to mess with a creature's young.

They back off because they think our much larger "Adults" are hiding but still keeping an eye on things. That's probably what Sasquatch parents do when juveniles get older. Since they cannot seem to detect OUR "parents' they shy away of the percieved unknown threat- of which there really isn't any of as we all know. But they don't know. To me it's a simple-minded thing but makes a good deal of sense.

• Like 1

Hiflier, your logic makes good sense to me and it's quite creatve thinking. Bigfoot's reasons for not harming us could be a combination of several factors that play out differently with individuals.

Hello georgem,

Another good point from you that I agree with. Keep up the good stuff. My sons and I will be going out a couple of times this Spring to do some exploring. My younger son is 6'8" and sports a beard. If a Sasquatch spies our little group it may very well think that the "boy" of the group is the Dad LOL. And on top of that? my son does a perfect Patty pose. He's a riot. I taught them the Secret Sasquatch Handshake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5dqg3d7TNc

I think they think me a wacko ;)

Your nature hikes with you sons is good for family life and teaching the kids about nature. Then add a sense of adventure with finding bigfoot evidence and whole new layer is added to the fun. Keep is up and stay a cool Dad.

Do you pack a pistol while on the hike for protection from all the usual perils? Seems like weirdos are the main threat on some trails.

What state and where do you go hiking?  I have been going near a place called South Slough near Coos Bay, Oregon.

I'm really glad there are few reports of bigfoots harming us, the puny human.

SSR Team

BFRO had a report of a fellow in Washington that was torn up by a bigfoot. There just aren't that many reports of BF harming people. Is it out of fear of our weapons, or do they have some sort of code that requires hands off the hairless ones?

George, could you please link this report you talk of ?

I've read every WA State report by the BFRO in the last year and i can't recall that one, and i think i would have done.

Hello BobbyO,

This is all I could find in a short search:

http://mid-americanbigfoot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2902&p=8555

"Media Article # 130
Article submitted by Richard Noll

Sunday, October 22, 1978

Bigfoot Out Of Contol, Attacks Man

Modern People

A Washington man has been brutally attacked by a smelly 8-foot tall creature resembling the feared Bigfoot monster.

A bruised and shaken, but otherwise uninjured Albert Permella, told police the vicious attack took place while he was fishing in a lonely Yakima, Wash. creek.

"I was sitting on the shore when I heard the brush and grass crackle behind me," he recalls. "I thought it was another fisherman and turned around to greet him."

"Instead I saw a gigantic, hideous looking creature standing a few yards away. It had a face similar to an ape with dark black hair on its chest, but not its face. It had kind of a flat face and nose and eyes sunk in its sockets."

"As I started to run, the creature suddenly let out a blood-curdling screech and began to violently shake a sapling it was hanging onto with one hand."

"I could hear him running behind me and suddenly I felt it grab my shirt," he trembles. "The beast held on so tight, part of my shirt was ripped off and I fell down scraping both of my knees and ripping my boots."

"Almost as soon as I hit the ground, I got up and started running for my life. After a few minutes I started to get farther away from it, but even as I reached my car I could see the creature in the distance."
Bibliographical Information:

Franklin Park, ILL.

If you're alone in the woods and a predator is hungry, you're a meal ticket if you can't defend yourself. If you're alone in the woods and you're in the territory of a territorial animal, you better expect an unfriendly welcome and some encouragement to leave now. If that animal is a territorial predator that's hungry, nice knowing ya!

There is a lot of speculation about BF being a peace loving, forest guardian, uber-vegan. Then there's those who speculate BF is an apex predator that kills with bare hands and brute strength. The latter is more likely and realistic IMHO but regardless BF can't be both.

So, to forest dwelling apex predators are humans a viable food source? All evidence points to bear, wolves, and cougars all taking advantage of yummy, fatty bipeds. There's no reason to believe BF wouldn't also partake of a lone hiker or sportsman, particularly given no apparent means to defend themselves. A wily BF may have an earned respect of firearms or bows, perhaps learned from observing human hunters at work, so an object that appears weapon like could act as a deterrent. But daypackers with napsacks full of tasty treats may be asking for it, particularly if they're not careful where they tread. The fact that there hasn't been more deaths is the same as why there haven't been more death from wolves or bear, contact really isn't that common an occurrence and when it does happen, the predator isn't necessarily ready to make a kill.

Oh, if BF are forest guardians then we should only be afraid when we're cutting down Christmas trees or hunting gentle forest denizens or building fires or being a general disruption to the peace and quiet, which pretty much still means most of us are meat.

Enkidu -

I believe you grossly over-simplify.   If that hypothetical apex predator is a mere animal running solely on instinct, what you're saying could be nearer true.   However, using ourselves as an example, we are absolutely apex predators and yet those of us who choose to kill at times choose not to at other times.   You can count as fact that a certain other bipedal apex predator species has the intelligence to share that same capacity.   

The insistence that BF can only be a dumb animal, and dumb animals can't do what is reported, so the reports must be bogus, is flawed logic.   BF is no more just an animal than you are just an animal. 

MIB