Why Do Bigfoots Not Harm Humans More Often?

georgerm

Guest LarryP

Or perhaps they have killed people (as indicated by the preponderence of newspaper accounts) because they simply are.

Hello Scout1959,

I've read your posts and so I already know you are a staunch opponent to existence. I was taking the opportunity to banter a bit, I hope you didn't mind. I get a little restless when not much is going on's all at which time I just putter around with this and that LOL. BTW I appreciate your common sense coming to bear on the subject and you do it well. No condescention, no animosity, no derision. Good stuff, my friend, good stuff indeed.

Edited by hiflier

Guest Scout1959

Hello Scout1959,

I've read your posts and so I already know you are a staunch opponent to existence. I was taking the opportunity to banter a bit, I hope you didn't mind. I get a little restless when not much is going on's all at which time I just putter around with this and that LOL. BTW I appreciate your common sense coming to bear on the subject and you do it well. No condescention, no animosity, no derision. Good stuff, my friend, good stuff indeed.

No actually you are very wrong.  I think there is a high chance they do.  I just think most of what folks claim is bs to be blunt and actually hurts the cause.

As I stated before I have known people who have had sightings.  One was very, very close to one back in 1960.  But most of what I see here just comes off as crazy talk, if half the people making claims had half the encounters they claim to have there would be solid evidence by now.  However the only decent film of bf was taken decades ago... 

Information regarding bigfoot needs to be approached with the same algorithm as battlefield intelligence.  We have a lot of spot reports.  It requires analysis to develop the situation.

When you are up against something that is either attempting to hide from you, or to create a misdirection, the fact that you see something in one area requires additional data to eliminate the possibility of deception.  Also, the fact that you don't see something may simply indicate that forces are successfully concealed in that area.

If bigfoot preys successfully on lone humans in remote locations, then we get no information other than that person went missing.  That's a fact, but the reason for the disappearance remains in question.

So anyone looking for just the facts is missing out on the analysis.

The preying on the 'lone human scenario' is the scary one. This practice indicates a higher degree of intelligence and some level of hatred for the puny human.

I just finished David Pauldes book titled Tribal Bigfoot and native Americans from Northern California called the BF the forest devil.   

• 2 weeks later...

Why do bigfoots not kill humans more often? It seems they throw rocks, scream, push over logs, chase, but never seem to harm us. Thank God for this but why?

A.   Do they know humans will retaliate?

If bigfoots are smart like many believe, then they know not to get caught harming humans. They got away with limited human predation but when the rifle was discovered, they learned quickly.

No actually you are very wrong.  I think there is a high chance they do.  I just think most of what folks claim is bs to be blunt and actually hurts the cause.

As I stated before I have known people who have had sightings.  One was very, very close to one back in 1960.  But most of what I see here just comes off as crazy talk, if half the people making claims had half the encounters they claim to have there would be solid evidence by now.  However the only decent film of bf was taken decades ago... 

Can you give some examples of the crazy talk?

I'm not Scout, but I'd start by examining the Psychic Sasquatch thread. Telepathy, dimension-jumping, etc.

Guest LarryP

As I stated before I have known people who have had sightings.  One was very, very close to one back in 1960.  But most of what I see here just comes off as crazy talk

It's "crazy talk" to you because you've never had the experience.

Why did BF attack these men?

3. Dr. Issac S has left a new comment on your post

(December 24, 2009)

The Sasquatch legend is as old as the history of the Oregon Territory itself. But as a few miners of Almeda Mine, near Galice, Oregon found out in 1922, the legend turned out to be a nightmare. Early in the spring of 1922 the Almeda Mine was a constant source of ore for the hungry ING Mining Co. of Denver.

They employed over 230 men to mine the ore. Some of these miners decided that maybe they could find their own ore deposits on down the river.

One morning five of them set out to try their luck. The miners headed into the vast forest of the Rouge River Wilderness.* After looking for two weeks some of them decided that prospecting wasn’t for them. They left to return to Galice in hopes of getting their jobs back.

Somewhere along the trail , something took place that most men can only imagine. One of the miners returned to Galice to tell of his friends being attacked by giant forest monsters. The miner insisted that three of his comrades had been killed by two giant ape-men looking creatures.

A search party was quickly dispatched to the area to stop the flood of wild tales that would certainly spread and make miners quit by the scores. After a week of travel the search party found two of the three missing men dead of an apparent savage attack on them from some unknown animals of the forest. The third man was no where to be found. Only part of his pants and hat were still present at the site. The ground was moist and showed footprints of enormous sizes all around the men’s bodies. After looking for the missing man the search party returned to Galice with the packs of the dead men.

The foreman at the mine told the men to keep quiet about their find or lose their jobs. The searchers went back to work in the mine and nothing was ever said. The man that returned with the story disappeared and thus the story was hushed until Zane Grey a resident of Galice wrote about it in a magazine.
  • Upvote 1

That is incredibly eerie, be nice to get a look at some other such stories, some of those old newspaper articles mentioned by LarryP, stuff involving mysterious maulings and disappearances.

Edited by Xion Comrade

(December 24, 2009)

The Sasquatch legend is as old as the history of the Oregon Territory itself. But as a few miners of Almeda Mine, near Galice, Oregon found out in 1922, the legend turned out to be a nightmare. Early in the spring of 1922 the Almeda Mine was a constant source of ore for the hungry ING Mining Co. of Denver.

They employed over 230 men to mine the ore. Some of these miners decided that maybe they could find their own ore deposits on down the river.

One morning five of them set out to try their luck. The miners headed into the vast forest of the Rouge River Wilderness.* After looking for two weeks some of them decided that prospecting wasn’t for them. They left to return to Galice in hopes of getting their jobs back.

Somewhere along the trail , something took place that most men can only imagine. One of the miners returned to Galice to tell of his friends being attacked by giant forest monsters. The miner insisted that three of his comrades had been killed by two giant ape-men looking creatures.

A search party was quickly dispatched to the area to stop the flood of wild tales that would certainly spread and make miners quit by the scores. After a week of travel the search party found two of the three missing men dead of an apparent savage attack on them from some unknown animals of the forest. The third man was no where to be found. Only part of his pants and hat were still present at the site. The ground was moist and showed footprints of enormous sizes all around the men’s bodies. After looking for the missing man the search party returned to Galice with the packs of the dead men.

The foreman at the mine told the men to keep quiet about their find or lose their jobs. The searchers went back to work in the mine and nothing was ever said. The man that returned with the story disappeared and thus the story was hushed until Zane Grey a resident of Galice wrote about it in a magazine.

Georgerm, you do realize that this was posted by Bigfoot Ballyhoo don't you? Fabricator of Bigfoot stories?

The reference that she wrote was "Oregon Trail Magazine 1925". I can't find any references to any such magazine ever existing back then.

Edited by roguefooter

There was an incident about 70 years ago in my local area

A young girl of about 6 years of age wondered away into the bush, the area was a mining town, the land was dotted with open mine shafts and there were quite a lot of Dingo's in the area

The towns people and miners set out to search for her and found her the following day

She was perched high on a rock ledge and to high for her to get there by herself, when asked how she come to be there the little girls reply was that the hairy man put here there

Did the animal put her on ledge so that the dingos could not get her

The little girl is still alive today and owes here life to the hairy man

Just thought I would share that with you

Geez .. that has all of the characteristics of one of Paulides' "Missing 411" cases. 

Thanks for sharing!

MIB

(December 24, 2009)

This is interesting.  This is the area where my pal had his encounter, I've been to the area 3 times in the past 5 years to do some prospecting and 'footing.  Though I haven't had any experiences here, I cannot dismiss the possibility of BF's living in the area.  Been by the Almeda mine dozens of times.

I'm also wondering, since Zane contributed to Outdoor Life, perhaps it was this magazine.  But the Oregon Trail is a possibility as well, though for some reason, it doesn't seem like a good fit to me.....FWIW