Why Do Bigfoots Not Harm Humans More Often?

georgerm

MIB

Yes it does, the only difference its a true documented account not a story

The accounts Paulides included in the 3 "Missing 411" volumes are from police reports, not fiction.   I know people who were on a couple of the searches included in the book.   If you are saying they are fiction, you're horribly mistaken.   If not ... I'm not sure what your point is.  Could you clarify what you were intending to say?

Thanks!

MIB

Who lived to tell the tale?  Are there any credible reports?  I know the Boggy Creek guy allegedly got into a scrap with something and the Albert Ostman story...

Edited by clubbedfoot

Here is a story based on historical accounts from southern Oregon. I've been to this area and it still very squatchy.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/myrtle.htm

Here is more to the story

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/thompson.htm

Thompson's Flat, Sixes River, Oregon 

Stan Sweet, a teacher in North Bend, Oregon wrote to ask if there were any recent reports around a place called Thompson Flat, on the Sixes River, on Oregon's south coast? This is a very remote spot, between Powers, Myrtle Point, and Sixes, Oregon.

According to local legend, the place was a mining town in the 1800s, but the inhabitants were terrorized by a "wildman." 

Slowly the town's people left the remote site, not wanting to deal with the strange, hairy creature(s) living there. Until quite recently, an old prospector lived there. I had a chance to speak with him once and he described seeing a creature fitting the Bigfoot description on a number of occasions. Stan Sweet

[The Coos Bay Historical Society has a couple of documents containing information on the Bigfoot that terrorized the Thompson Flat area:

"In the old days, after all the miners had been run off by the wildman, one brave miner decided to stay. ...Some time later they found him at his sluce box with his head bashed in by a bloody rock, which was still lying nearby." At the time, the old miner was the only living soul in the area."

Source: Stan Sweet personal corresondence

Back to Stories?

Edited by georgerm

There was an incident about 70 years ago in my local area

A young girl of about 6 years of age wondered away into the bush, the area was a mining town, the land was dotted with open mine shafts and there were quite a lot of Dingo's in the area

The towns people and miners set out to search for her and found her the following day

She was perched high on a rock ledge and to high for her to get there by herself, when asked how she come to be there the little girls reply was that the hairy man put here there

Did the animal put her on ledge so that the dingos could not get her

The little girl is still alive today and owes here life to the hairy man

Just thought I would share that with you

Do you know the name of the girl and the town this occurred near please? Do you know the year?

Thanks

Hope Yowie tells us more about the little girl possibly saved by BF.

Thanks to Madison, she posted this website on native American BF legands. BFs were said to harm humans according to the Bella Coola tribe.

http://www.native-languages.org/morelegends/boqs.htm

Boqs are large, hairy wild men of the forest. In the folklore of more northern tribes, such as the Bella Coola, boqs are malevolent, dangerous monsters who may eat people or molest women. But in Chinook and Salishan versions of these legends, Boqs are sometimes depicted as more benign beings like the Halkomelem Sasquatch. Sometimes Boqs are also called by the name "Skookum," which is a word from the Chinook Jargon trade language meaning "big" or "powerful." This is sometimes a source of confusion, because "Skookum" has been used in Chinook literature to refer to many different sorts of powerful beings, not just Boqs.

IMO, if they are threatened, they will defend themselves; otherwise, they're on our side, if we are on theirs.

Hey Believe, welcome to the forum. I hope they are on our side, but ya just never know until coming face to face with one.

SSR Team

No wild animal which is a carnivore as we assume Sasquatches are, should be believed to be " on our side " if they are hungry.

There are no teams where hunger is concerned, hence why the Male Lion generally would have all the others animals fleeing when he arrives at a carcass.

Hey Believe, welcome to the forum. I hope they are on our side, but ya just never know until coming face to face with one.

Thank you very much - glad to be here.  

I think they have their own code of conduct - eating humans is not anything they are interested in doing.  To my mind one of the reasons for this is to avoid having attention drawn to them.  There are other reasons as well IMO.

No wild animal which is a carnivore as we assume Sasquatches are, should be believed to be " on our side " if they are hungry.

I assume they're opportunistic omnivores, much like bears are. Bears sometimes gnaw on defenseless folks for different reasons, but probably not for the taste.

Growing up near Donner Pass, the story of the Donner Party was local history taught in third grade.  Since I'm convinced that if you strand two Vegans on a glacier, you'll end up with one cannibal, I also believe bigfoot would turn to eating people if hungry enough and the prey were isolated.