Sign in to follow this  
Incorrigible1

Earliest Bigfoot Footage? 1962

Incorrigible1

From my local newspaper. There is a link to the footage if you open the link to the article.

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20140113%2FNEWS%2F140119557

The story begins in 1962. Gary was 13 then, and a Boy Scout with Troop 86 in Omaha. His father, Alfred Bouvier, served as a troop leader, and in the summer of 1962 he helped organize a camping trip to Colorado. This newspaper actually wrote a short story about the trip under the headline: “Scouts Heading for High Adventure.â€

Little did we know.

The lights dim and the footage Alfred Bouvier shot in 1962 flickers onto the classroom's screen.

It's grainy, black-and-white scenery. Here is the outline of what looks like a lake. Here are some trees, and here is the treeline, and here is the snow-capped mountain above that.

And here: Wait, what is that?

The camera jerks, and what looks like a two-legged beast comes briefly into focus. He or she takes one step, and then another — possibly hopping on some rocks — and then pivots to look right at the camera. Then the two-legged beast turns again and walks up the mountain, out of view.

That's it. Maybe three seconds, give or take an eye blink.

The day he shot this footage, Alfred Bouvier didn't tell his son or any of the other Scouts what he had seen, Gary tells the class. He probably told the other Scout leaders, though they have all passed away and there's no way to check.

What Gary remembers is this: His dad gathered the Scouts around the campfire, and he told them sternly that they weren't allowed to leave camp alone for any reason. Not any reason whatsoever.

“I remember it because it was so out of character,†Gary says.

As the years passed, Alfred did tell Gary about what he had filmed. They watched the home movie together a number of times.

Alfred didn't like to talk much about the two-legged beast in the film — Gary thinks he was afraid that people would ridicule him — but when pressed he did tell Gary two things about that day.

First, the thing he saw was definitely a two-legged creature, not a bear up on its hind legs. Secondly: “It wasn't a man,†he told Gary.

thermalman

Interesting, to say the least.

Teegunn

It is intriguing.  Hard to tell what we are seeing, but very interesting.  Thanks for the link!

Squatchologist

My dang work wouldnt allow the website  :wild:

I saw this on Finding Bigfoot and it was inconclusive because they couldn't re-create it in the same location.

The guy says in the article that he is going up there this year and try to find the exact spot, which will help a lot.  We really need to see the size because it could easily be a person. 

Teegunn

I don't remember seeing this on Finding Bigfoot.  What season and episode was it on?  Thanks!

BTW, last weeks Finding Bigfoot had a section of the show with a guy who saw a BF crossing I90 about 2 miles from where I live here in Montana.  I've met the guy, don't know him but have met him.  He is well thought of and not a loon.  I found it interesting as I've been in that exact spot hiking and mountain biking several times.  Didn't even know FB was in my area!

Edited by Teegunn

PBeaton

Incorrigible1,

Interestin' ! Never seen it before.

Pat...

WV FOOTER

It was discussed on Finding Bigfoot. It looks huge. But is it a Squatch, hard to say. Would have been better if those scouts would have had the gumption to check for prints. It is an Interesting piece of film.

JiggyPotamus

The whole boy scout camping trip doesn't sound like the ideal place to film a hoax, and this does not look like something a 13 year old boy from the sixties could actually pull off, given the fact that suits of such a nature, although available, were not very good and were expensive. So I cannot imagine this being a hoax by the boy himself. And I highly doubt it was someone else trying to hoax them, considering that I were trying to do something to scare some kids, I would have gotten a LOT closer. The hoaxer wouldn't even know if he would be seen, being so far away. At least it looked pretty far to me, but maybe it wasn't. I just don't get the hoax vibe on this one.

It doesn't appear to be quadrupedal by any means, but a bipedal figure. And it doesn't look like a bear walking bipedally. It looks like a bigfoot to be honest, but of course we cannot be certain. We can be pretty sure about what it is not, but there is always that nagging possibility that it is a hoax. And it would have to be a hoax if it is not a bigfoot. Those are the only two explanations in my opinion.

Incorrigible1

Okay, home from work, where I posted this thread. Thanks for the info that this has been mentioned on FB, did not realize that.

Rockape

You sir, have been Bobo'ed.

Sunflower

It was discussed on Finding Bigfoot. It looks huge. But is it a Squatch, hard to say. Would have been better if those scouts would have had the gumption to check for prints. It is an Interesting piece of film.

The scouts had no idea.  The father was the one who shot the film.  Gary was one of the kids on the scouting trip and they had no idea so couldn't have checked for prints.

I find it very interesting as well.

Shelly

It is interesting. If it were a hoax they were mighty far away.  I cant see coordinating a hoax at that distance. And in 1962... bigfoot wasn't all that back then. Unless its another person, its most likely legit. 

Sign in to follow this