When Did Bigfoot Become Popular? What Year?

TD-40

Guest OntarioSquatch

If you look at the BFRO layout for Google Earth, it shows that the number of reports coming from the east was actually slightly greater than the number of reports coming from the PNW pre-PGF. Some of the oldest reports come from the east as well. I think the PGF gave people the impression that Sasquatch is a phenomenon that occurs mostly in the PNW. Another thing I've noticed is that Oregon and Washington are the states with the highest sightings to population ratio, meaning that there's probably more Sasquatch there than there are in any of the individual eastern states. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Chele,

Thank you much. Someday, when I upgrade from Windows 98 and an Atari, I may be able to figure these things out!  Anyway, that picture from the 1930s looks human-like, not ape-like. So if the public reports were of human-like creatures, why would others report ape-like creatures.  

Again, a rhetorical question. But it seems like people are attempting to construct a complex answer (the media created a mass hysteria, leading to false reports) rather than accept the simpler explanation (people are seeing something in the woods). 

Finding BF has made it more popular, but now it is way over-saturated. Way too much attention, and it will continue as long as Finding BF continues.

Edited by Wag

Finding BF has made it more popular, but now it is way over-saturated. Way too much attention, and it will continue as long as Finding BF continues.

Monster Quest took a serious look into the BF subject as well as other mysteries.

FB is driven by network ratings. But as in life good can still come from all the hype

Actually, its BAD for true squatchers. Just as the South Carolina episode shows, *No one in SC looks for Sasquatch, so they were getting CALLS and KNOCKS GALOR! But now every baffon and his second cousin is ''looking for BF and ruining the most basic research opportunities. Even heard of someone looking to shoots em one based on reports and maybe a FB episode. Landowner turned them down.

Way too much saturation, which means more idiots in the field. How long with FB go on? 2-3 more years??? Bad bad bad news.

How long with FB go on? 2-3 more years??? Bad bad bad news.

I guess it comes down to the ratings and the team and money.

November 14 1969, a television episode Here Comes The Brides The Legend of Bigfoot aired. I remember watching it as my sister was in high school and she loved the show.  It was the only episode of the show I remember.

The new 2015 Jeep Renegade has an image of Bigfoot in the rear glass window.

^^

Can't remember that episode in particular or even the show.  But from the IMDB, a description of the episode:

Everyone starts to see and hear Big Foot whenever there is a noise.

Apparently, the script writer went on to work on the Finding Bigfoot series.