Unknown Primate Dna

dmaker

We've all heard it many times in many posts. I truly think it is just one of those things that gets mentioned so often that everyone assumes it to be true. I cannot find a single, legitimate and verifiable source that supports this claim.  Rather than derail other threads here is a chance for anyone who thinks they have definitive sources that will support the claim of unknown primate DNA, then please let's hear from you.  

Guest JiggyPotamus

A quick 2 minute Google search led me to at least three different instances of such claims. The only one I hadn't heard of is the toenail from ABP, which contained unknown primate DNA. Then there were some of the Ketchum samples. I don't even want to get into that though, considering that people apparently don't want to look at what little evidence is there, and would rather focus on anything that takes away from its credibility. And from what I could see there was something unusual about some of the results.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

Care to elaborate about the toenail?

I was hoping for something more than he said, she said. Something that includes a lab, some names, some dates, etc.  I can easily write that I have a chunk of a unicorns horn and put it on a website. Won't make it true though.

Edited by dmaker

Hello JiggyPatamus,

The "toenail" is the one I linked above in Post #2

Hello dmaker,

Good call on the "toenail". DANG! Just what I needed, another rabbithole!

Hello All,

The link I posted goes nowhere that I can see. Ran across another "toenail" claim at AZCRO but again came up empty. Anyone out there good at this kind of thing?

Edited by hiflier

Has Sykes made any comment on current claims of unknown primate DNA at any point during his investigation?

None that I have heard of.

Guest zenmonkey

The "toenail", Josh Gates hair sample, all (I believe) were confirmed only through Ketchum's sketchy at best study.

Don't believe Josh Gates sample had much to do with ketchum