Skookum Cast

SSR Team

2. Were there any hand prints found in the Cast? If not: How did the Sasquatch get up?

One of the things that always stuck in my head regarding a Report from 87 Years ago, was this below even though i don't know if it has any relvance to the Skookum Cast or your question though :

" They were very agile. To sit down they turned their knees out and came straight down. To rise they came straight up without help of hands or arms. "

Footprints

Derek Randles, in an interview with the "Bigfoot Times", issue of September 2010:

"We did a lot of hiking in the area. I believe I found a track. Rick found two tracks. One of them was pressed into an old growth log that was rotting. None of the impressions we found were really compelling with visible digits, but they were good impressions."

@DDA: How close were those prints to the actual casting site? Did you take any pictures?

Daris Swindler

The Cast was also examined by late Daris Swindler, who was one of the leading primatologists in the US. Allegedly this event led him to believe in the existence of the Sasquatch.

But there are major issues here:

These are quotes by Swindler from Meldrums "Legend Meets Science", page 122:

"This (referring to the cast) is a well pronounced, well-developed tendon of Achilles."

"This was a bipedal animal. In my opinion, the Skookum body cast is that of an upright descendent of Gigantopithecus."

Did he really say this? If yes, I have to question Swindler as a scientist. How can he say that it has been made by a descendent of Gigantopithecus? This statement is absolutely baseless because there are no Gigantopithecus bones for comparison.

And it seems that he had doubts about the cast later:

Daris Swindler said in an episode of the TV series "Monster Quest" on Bigfoot, comparing the supposed Achilles heel imprint with the cast of an elk leg imprint:

"There are similarities, I must confess."

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV8SEqy_5Jk&feature=related, around 09:30

It seems that he never before compared the alleged Achilles tendon to an elk leg.

If it was such a life-changing event for Swindler, why has he not written a paper about it? Or has he? Like I said there's a rumor that he co-wrote one with Meldrum.

I did contact Meldrum some days ago but have not get an answer.

But I did get an answer by Swindlers widow. According to her, there exist no written documents/papers by Swindler on the Cast or on Sasquatch in general.

Edited by SwissChris

IG is not a reason acceptable for such behavior. Like has been said over and over, the information has been available to the public for some time. Search it out, I am tired of repeating myself, what with each time the questioning getting more hostile from self proclaimed Sasquatch experts, sleuths and gods gift to the phenomenon. If you consider the information short, maybe you should have become involved at an earlier date and joined up on the expedition. I am sure they all could have used your expertise on the subject matter. And just for you... :wacko:

IG is not a reason acceptable for such behavior.

What is IG?

Search it out, I am tired of repeating myself

Couldn't find it in the previous threads on the subject.

I have a suggestion for you, if you're tired of answering questions: Why don't you make the 3D scan of the Cast available for everyone to study? Then you'd probably don't have to deal with questions anymore, because everyone could see (or not) what you guys are seeing...

more hostile

I've never been hostile to you.

if you consider the information short, maybe you should have become involved at an earlier date and joined up on the expedition.

I didn't get an invitation.

IG is not a reason acceptable for such behavior. Like has been said over and over, the information has been available to the public for some time. Search it out, I am tired of repeating myself, what with each time the questioning getting more hostile from self proclaimed Sasquatch experts, sleuths and gods gift to the phenomenon. If you consider the information short, maybe you should have become involved at an earlier date and joined up on the expedition. I am sure they all could have used your expertise on the subject matter. And just for you... :wacko:

DDA, do you think that just maybe, people wouldn't be repeatedly asking for the same supporting evidence if it was actually available for review? I mean, what low resolution photos you did post addressing a few questions were soon removed by you. Then any documents you refer to, really don't have solid evidence to corroborate the claim either. Its no wonder that people ask for the same thing from you over and over and over... wacko.gif So could it be that you are actually setting up the very closed-loop system you complain about, one that continues to demand said material to be available from you? Who creates said ignorance environment?

You are the main man who maintains the evidence and that the impression is of bigfoot. There are no footprints where it stood up. There are no hand prints. Did his butt propel him out of the mud hole onto the frozen surface where he could walk away? (Now there's an image) There are a dozen big holes to the sasquatch theory that cannot be filled with empty rhetoric. Those holes can however be filled with an elk.

Why not subject all the evidence up to scrutiny? In their highest quality. That's what science does when there is a claim. If the evidence can stand up to the scrutiny, then it passes muster. But when the evidence is secreted and kept in the dark, well there is little the claim can garner except more questions and suspicion.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

One of the things that always stuck in my head regarding a Report from 87 Years ago, was this below even though i don't know if it has any relvance to the Skookum Cast or your question though :

" They were very agile. To sit down they turned their knees out and came straight down. To rise they came straight up without help of hands or arms. "

BobbyO,

I recall the report I believe. However, risin' straight up without the hands or arm to aid would indeed answer the question. There would be footprints at/in the impression.

Pat...

ok, have written them down... short version

1. Were there any Sasquatch tracks found in and around the Cast? If yes: where are the pics?

2. Were there any hand prints found in the Cast? If not: How did the Sasquatch get up?

3. Where are the written statements (if they exist) of the scientists who looked at it: Jeff Meldrum, Daris Swindler, Krantz, Bindernagel, Sarmiento, Schaller, Fish? Can't believe that no one wrote a word about it.

4. There's a rumor (actually more than that according to some) of a paper co-written by Meldrum and Swindler that was rejected. True? Can it be read somehwhere?

5. Where can a supposed paper on the Cast by Randles, Noll and Fish named "New Evidence of a North American Sasquatch" be read?

6. What was the opinion of Bindernagel? Why is the Cast not mentioned in his new book?

7. Does it really make sense that a primate crouches towards a bait instead of just grabbing it and running away?

8. Were there attempts to conserve saliva from the fruits? Were there any bite marks? How many were gone? Were any found in the vicinity?

9. There's a 3D model of the Cast in one of the "Monster Quest" episode. Why is it not made available for study?

That's it.

@admins: please delete the first post

Short answers:

1. Define "in and around". Is that in inches, feet, yards, miles? Of course. Every track I find I at least photograph it.

2. No. How would I know unless I was there to witness it? I have answered this over and over... it is getting to the point that I am now being called a lier that there was not a hard packed dry area where the feet could easily have swung onto and stood up. This being determined some 10 years later by one who would have everyone believe is an elk and bigfoot expert, all from just looking at pictures. Has he shown any proof that he actually saw a bigfoot, 3 times? There are important areas in the cast that may be from the back of a hand or that from a knee.

3. I have them in the form of emails. They are going to be used in a book.

4. I heard this too, but I think it was just an abstract if anything that got written and then rejected. Daris did tell me that Jeff asked him to co-author a piece and that he agreed to do so. But that was the last I heard of it.

5. Already posted.

6. Bindernagel wrote an email and forwarded it as to what he examined. Other than that I don't know why he did not include a mention of it in his book. You would have to ask him.

7. Yes, in my opinion.

8. Yes. Yes. Most if not all the red apples. Only small bits and pieces.

9. I made the model using a laser tracker and retro-reflector surface probe. It is not totally complete and you would need a program that can upload an IGES file. Do you have a program that can render an IGES file and then manipulate and scale it? Then there is the question of why I would release it.

Look... I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. 99.99% of the people that have come by and wanted to look at the cast have been allowed to. As far as really studying or examining it. Dr. Meldrum, John Brown and Owen Caddy have had the most time with it. Owen tried to present his findings on this very board but a few continuously argued with him and he finally just gave up... and sailed off into the sunset. He too knows what he thinks the cast represents and doesn't need to convince others. He satisfied his curiosity by really studying it in person with photographs, measurements, and comparisons. You can listen to the others who claim it to be nothing but an elk but from where is this conclusion drawn? Have they presented similar impressions? No. Have they even identified the impression sections correctly for interpretation? No. Have they taken measurements on the actual cast? No. Have they measured the minute detail of skin folds, creases, hair patterns, hair lengths in the cast? No. Have they produced a topography of the cast, indicating where weight was applied and the proportions of it? No. Can they explain missing features that an elk would surely have to leave? No. Have they cross examined it with real life body parts of other animals? No, just computer playing with unscaled line or vector based graphics overlain erroneously onto a painted copy of the cast.

Want more information? It will have to wait.

Guest parnassus

"of course?" Sasquatch footprints were found around the cast?! How far away? There was still wet soil around the body print when photos were made, and this wet soil seems to extend at least three feet in all directions but one. There was no Sasquatch footprint in this wet soil, correct?

parnassus,

Actually, based on the photos I've seen of impression area, I believe even behind the imprint should have (an did) accepted tracks. There are both animal an human tracks in this location. How bout that, not often we agree.

Pat...

damndirtyape,

Regardin' #8, saliva. Wouldn't any DNA be useless do to the acidity of the apples ?

An I just wanted to say thanks for offerin' info an time regardin' the cast/impression.

Pat...

DDA, your patience amazes me. Thanks for the valuable information and for not putting the whole dang board on Ignore.

When can I buy the book?

What is IG?

Couldn't find it in the previous threads on the subject.

I have a suggestion for you, if you're tired of answering questions: Why don't you make the 3D scan of the Cast available for everyone to study? Then you'd probably don't have to deal with questions anymore, because everyone could see (or not) what you guys are seeing...

I've never been hostile to you.

I didn't get an invitation.

I don't think that was directed at you SC...your post got in between his and someone else's.