Skookum Cast

DDA Said: The zoo keeper said he had never seen anything quite like it and could not definitively say what it was.

Actually, this says very little in validating anything one way or another. Unless one takes a giant leap and automatically assigns "never seen anything quite like it" to mean 'Bigfoot'. But I don't think he did that do you?

I think this is actually a pretty good example of how so called experts findings have been stretched just a tad over the last decade.

As for my asking what George Schaller said, I'm not referring to what is in Dr. Meldrum's book and his impression of it. I'm curious about the particulars of Shallers points about the cast and the relevant sign surrounding it.

I believe John was asking if it looked like it could have came from an Elk. Did I say John asked the zookeeper anything about Bigfoot? But of course John is pretty well known concerning his Bigfoot interest and the zookeeper could have jumped to conclusions about what he was asking, just like what you did.

Guest Cervelo

I made my point right or wrong I may be. But wow if you want to go down the road of jumping to conclusions... Well nevermind why waste anymore of yours, mine or anybody elses time. We will have to agree to disagree. I will sit quietly on the sidelines from now on! :)

PS:

The part about taking the cast to a zoo keeper is sarcasm I get it he wanted the guy to tell him it's elk lay but instead he said I don't know what it is (no kidding)unless the guy has a zoo full of elk wallowing........, nevermind

Edited by Cervelo

That was also my point DDA, but it has been you that has raised the zookeeper in the past not me.

I didn't bring it up. I was answering someone's question about the zookeeper.

DDA, Dr Meldrum states that, aside from the one expert consulted who had a knowledge of both primatology AND ungulates (whom Prag dismisses out of hand because he isn't an "elk expert"), consultations were made with professional gamekeepers at game parks who presumedly would have the requisite expertise (LMSpp119). Do you know which parks and gamekeepers were consulted and if so, can they be publicly contacted to speak directly on this matter?

If they can be brought forward with their direct testimony, instead of 2nd hand via Dr Meldrum, maybe Prag's arguments could be satisfied.

I was answering this...

I understand that DDA and concur in this case, but my point overall was that you've raised the gamekeepers in the past when asked what elk experts have viewed the evidence. Right?

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Why would you have a zoo keeper identify a cast of a Bigfoot laying on the ground. Are there bigfeets in the zoo? Com' on man! That's like going to a prison to have the warden identify an impression left by a parachutist not so soft landing! Unless this zoo had lots of elk and their wallows then I get it. But otherwise DUH!

Its a complicated and l o n g answer Cervelo, if truly interested, you might look back through a few Skookum threads. But the gist is that if and assuming the cast was actually made by an elk and not bigfoot, then that would be why you would have an elk expert look at the evidence in order to rule it out. And when I say evidence, I mean detailed photographs of all the tracks leading up to and leaving the scene. Hope that helps answer.

Guest Cervelo

Its a complicated and l o n g answer Cervelo, if truly interested, you might look back through a few Skookum threads. But the gist is that if and assuming the cast was actually made by an elk and not bigfoot, then that would be why you would have an elk expert look at the evidence in order to rule it out. And when I say evidence, I mean detailed photographs of all the tracks leading up to

and leaving the scene. Hope that helps answer.

No worries but thanks and I realize I'm jumping in the

middle of the fray guys so I have no problem with you

putting me in my place so to speak:)

My point is IMO unless the zoo is the "zoo of elk"(and I get it go back and get the rest of the story before jumping in) the zoo keeper may not no anything about elk.

Edited by Cervelo

Mulder specifically asked about a gamekeeper that was approached. I have never approached one myself. I only know of John Green approaching a zookeeper.

I don't specially remember answering a question like that before other than to say what I have just said.

The cast was first displayed at an outdoors-man symposium to try an see if any EXPERIENCED elk hunters had ever seen anything like it. No one stepped up saying yes they have and that it looks like an elk lay. In fact some of these hunters came forward and said it looked like a human made it. Just across the aisle was a taxidermy exhibit with goat, elk, deer and bear on display. All but the bear was in a prone position. The taxidermist also stopped by to examine the cast. He should know what with positioning all the limbs of the animals for displays wouldn't ya think?

Guest Blackdog

I'll bite. Why is it?

I don't know, that's why I asked. Mulder cited Meldrum's comment in LMS about examinations by game keepers in rebuttal to the elk theory. He asked if you knew who they were and you answered by saying John Green brought the duplicate to the Vancouver Zoo.

Evidently Green and Meldrum thought the replica was detailed enough for examination but you've said in the past that it is not.

I was just asking if it is or it isn't because you seem to disagree with the Green and Meldrum.