Sign in to follow this  
MNskeptic

Substantiating Philip Morris' Statements

Rockape

Regarding the above, for clarity's sake, why only Roger?

What's that old saying? Two people can keep a secret as long as one of them is dead. I can't see anyone modifying the suit for Patterson and then staying quiet about it all these years. Did Roger pay them? If so, why didn't he stiff them, like he did everyone else. Why would this person stay party to a fraud all these years?

It would basically have to be Patterson alone, unless maybe his wife helped.

Backdoc

^^^

Where is the business record or bill of sale?

Why would Roger buy a suit and then call and ask Morris how to bulk it up?  He would have the 'suit maker' do the bulking as a special order.  Even Morris does not say that happened.

It the same when Bob H opens his mouth about being Patty.  The more he talks the more contradictions we get in a major way.

Edited by Backdoc

Rockape

Isn't that the favoured narrative? That Roger Patterson was so bright, tricksy and artful that he was able to modify a suit to create Patty? I think most people reading that would get the gist.

That's what they say. The only evidence I've seen presented that Patterson could do it would be that he made saddles, which I don't know is true, but regardless is not something that would lend itself to modifying a gorilla costume, just as the claims Roger was an "inventor" who was very skilled with his hands. The only thing I know of he invented was a pole to hold up the limbs on trees.

^^^

Where is the business record of bill of sale?

I do believe it was years later that Morris came out with this claim, which fortunately allowed him to lose all record of the transaction.

Guest Stan Norton

Don't forget the miniature stagecoaches! Clever guy!

kitakaze

What's that old saying? Two people can keep a secret as long as one of them is dead. I can't see anyone modifying the suit for Patterson and then staying quiet about it all these years. Did Roger pay them? If so, why didn't he stiff them, like he did everyone else. Why would this person stay party to a fraud all these years?

It would basically have to be Patterson alone, unless maybe his wife helped.

Who made this?

ali-px01.jpg

Not the film, the alien.

Rockape

I have no idea who made that, nor how it relates to the PGF. But my guess is neither Morris nor Patterson.

Kit already asked that, and was already answered by one of the members here, not sure why he is asking again?  Dramatic interlude?  More smoke and mirrors?

Here, let me help you out Kit, here is a quote from Wikipedia

" John Humphreys, an artist and sculptor, was employed to construct two dummy alien bodies over a period of three weeks, using casts containing sheep brains set in raspberry jam, chicken entrails and knuckle joints obtained from S.C. Crosby Wholesale Butchers Smithfield meat market, London. Humphreys also played the role of the chief examiner, in order to allow him to control the effects being filmed."

That took me less than thirty seconds to find.

Can I claim I am now a famous debunker and critical thinker?

Edited by JohnC

kitakaze

No, I missed Pat abd Backdoc's answer.

So the hoaxer Ray Santilli named him, but Humphrey's himself did not confess untill the Alien Autopsy film came out saying that he had been sworn to secrecy, his confession coming when he deemed the secret to be out...

Until now, he says, he has kept secret his most well-known work - footage of an alleged post mortem of an alien which, some say, crashed to Earth in Roswell in the United States in 1947. For years sceptics have claimed it was a hoax, but John has stayed quiet - saying he was sworn to secrecy. But with the release of sci-fi comedy Alien Autopsy, which features Ant and Dec and which is based loosely on the Roswell film, John says he has decided to reveal his role in the making of the 1996 film.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/alien_autopsy_creator_revealed

You would think the death of Patterson would certainly end any agreement with the suit maker huh?  Or.....for you Morris types(cough)......the suit modifier....

kitakaze

Seems his own confession didn't come until he was asked to make the alien again for the Alien Autopsy film...

Belatedly, a Manchester sculptor and special-effects creator, John Humphreys, now claims the Roswell alien was his handiwork, destroyed after the film was made. He made the revelation just as a new movie, "Alien Autopsy," was being released, a film for which he recreated the original creature. As he told the BBC, "Funnily enough, I used exactly the same process as before. You start with the stills from the film, blow them up as large as you can. Then you make an aluminum armature, which you cover in clay, and then add all the detail." The clay model was used to produce a mold that yielded a latex cast.

Humphreys also admitted that in the original autopsy film he had himself played the role of the pathologist, whose identity was concealed by a contamination suit.

http://www.livescience.com/742-story-alien-autopsy-hoax.html

So how does one shoehorn Humprhey's holding back his confession until the debunking movie into an argument that Patterson must have acted alone in making Patty?

You would think the death of Patterson would certainly end any agreement with the suit maker huh?  Or.....for you Morris types(cough)......the suit modifier....

How is that exactly? Patterson creating a hoax for monetary gain, to provide for his family, to further the search for Bigfoot, knowing he had cancer and that he was going to die prematurely, in what part of that scenario does a person who built the suit for or with him swearing secrecy necessitate that when Patterson dies, that personal absolutely would have confessed?

You realize well after Patterson's death with Dahinden looking into the film developement that DeAtley told Dahinden that he wasn't supposed to tell. Because why? He cares about some promise to Roger? He's gone, right, soooo? And then to Byrne when Byrne is going down the same trail, DeAtley just up and says it was a hoax, no, not with me, but keep quiet.

How does one shoehorn in Morris, bent stirrups, scratched cars,glass eyes, waders, horse hide, shoulder pads, foot flaps, scaffolding, mysterious horse switches, three different costume versions,keys in pocket, and any other number of things?  I simply pointed out that you posting the alien autopsy theme, for the second time, was erroneous, and somewhat misleading, considering it was already answered.....

So how does one shoehorn in something that has nothing at all to do with the PGF, in the hopes that some sort of point slides though? 

kitakaze

1) Where do I argue the PGF is a modified suit?

2) Humphrey's didn't confess until the secret was out and he was asked to do it again for a film about the hoax. How does that apply to the notion that a suitmaker other than Patterson must have confessed by now? 

Rockape

You realize well after Patterson's death with Dahinden looking into the film developement that DeAtley told Dahinden that he wasn't supposed to tell. Because why? He cares about some promise to Roger? He's gone, right, soooo? And then to Byrne when Byrne is going down the same trail, DeAtley just up and says it was a hoax, no, not with me, but keep quiet.

Not a good comparison since Patterson was married to Deatley's sister, so family ties can be strong ones, plus, it wouldn't have been Deatley who modified the suit anyway.

But your post about the Alien Autopsy film just helps prove how things do not remain a secret. Thanks.

1) Where do I argue the PGF is a modified suit?

You have never argued that Patterson modified the suit? Or had it altered?

2) Humphrey's didn't confess until the secret was out and he was asked to do it again for a film about the hoax. How does that apply to the notion that a suitmaker other than Patterson must have confessed by now? 

How does your original false implication that the maker was mystery apply to this topic at all? Why is this discussion even here?

Sign in to follow this