Patty's Feet.....and The Footprints (Part 2)

• 4 months later...
PBeaton

Kerry,

Heel gets elevated without forefoot, suggestin' the mid foot flexibility. 

Pat...

PattyInTreesLeftFootLiftAG4CropLarge1.gi

• Upvote 1
SweatyYeti

^

Here you go, Pat... :) ....here is a new animation, using fresh images...

PattysFeet-ThruTreesAG2_zps66945bbd.gif

Here are just the first two Frames, where Patty's shadow is visible....Roger was standing-up, at this point...and the camera is getting a look at Patty's foot right on the ground...

PattysFeet-ThruTreesAG3_zpscf3732d5.gif

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
SweatyYeti

Here is an overlay of the two left footprints in the 'trackway footage' that Roger shot....showing some flexibility in the toes...

Patty-TwoLeftFootprints-AG3_zpsd65b56bd.

I reckon Roger learned that little trick from Ray Wallace... :cool:

• Upvote 2

^^^

Brilliant overlay Sweaty.

After viewing this, The mid foot flexibility is obvious to some of us but not all.

It is a shame the film could not capture that throughout as it would be fun to hear others explain it away. As it stands now, it is there but hard to see and hidden just enough to give to skeptic cover.

Naturally patterson knew some day we would have the ability to closely study the focus of the film to those feet 40 years later. That way he created some special feet with his further genius in suit making. Then after that, he quickly removed the tracks any way and faked them with some stiff stompers. Ummm yea right..

Backdoc

Guest pinkmoon67

^

Here you go, Pat... :) ....here is a new animation, using fresh images...

PattysFeet-ThruTreesAG2_zps66945bbd.gif

Here are just the first two Frames, where Patty's shadow is visible....Roger was standing-up, at this point...and the camera is getting a look at Patty's foot right on the ground...

PattysFeet-ThruTreesAG3_zpscf3732d5.gif

Hi,any idea what the bold spot on the heel could be or what might have caused it.
xspider1

^^^ That is another convincing .gif, Sweaty.  Kudos for continuing to find and present things about the PGf that no one else has!  8 )  The prints look like they were left by exactly what is shown in the film leaving them: real feet.

^ I think that the hi-contrast in the film images exaggerates the difference in the color of her heel and the ball of her foot vs the rest of her foot.

KLG6300r262f6.jpg

Edited by xspider1
SweatyYeti

^^^ That is another convincing .gif, Sweaty.  Kudos for continuing to find and present things about the PGf that no one else has!  8 )  The prints look like they were left by exactly what is shown in the film leaving them: real feet.

Thanks, xspider... :)  The footprints certainly do have characteristics matching those of real, live flexible feet. 

Replicating those footprints with 'fake feet' would be a very difficult task, to accomplish. I can't think of any practical way that Roger could have ever produced such a trackway. 

SweatyYeti

Bill....I have a question concerning these 2 frames of the 'cast display footage'....the shadows shift, from one frame to the other...

RogerCastDisplay-ShadowsShifting-AG1_zps

The movement that I find odd...(for a filming in the woods, at Bluff Creek)...is the shadow across the tree, at the top of the image...and the shadow on the left side...(our left)...of the image. 

I was wondering if you might have the 'Full Frame' images of these two frames...and, if so...if you could confirm whether or not that is shadow that's moving...or if it's just the images being cut-off/cropped??

If those 'apparently moving shadows' are actually shadows of some object/s...then I find it hard to picture them being shadows of tree branches...(and hence, a filming taking place in the forest at Bluff Creek.) They look more like the shadows of long, straight objects....such as pieces of wood, or possibly a sign....or something man-made. 

Thanks... :)

• 3 months later...
roguefooter

This comparison is from Meldrum's facebook-

10252010_584412858329548_385569757266626

The middle is of course Patty, but does anyone know what the other two are from?

Guest Bigfoothunter

Bill....I have a question concerning these 2 frames of the 'cast display footage'....the shadows shift, from one frame to the other...

The film frames are not consecutive frames. The slightest movement of the camera will bend shadows. In this case - some shadows are blended in to the frame borders because both are very dark. Shade that was easily seen through in real life becomes very dark on film. That is how blob-squatches are made.   :)  Another example of this shape shifting can be observed on the trees when Patty was walking dead away through the trees from Rogers position. The slightest movement of Roger's camera had shadows and knot-holes doing the jitter-bug on film  during that period.

Hi,any idea what the bold spot on the heel could be or what might have caused it.

Looks like the back of Patty's heel to me for it was void of hair in that area. (see the cibrachromes for various views of that area).

SweatyYeti

The slightest movement of the camera will bend shadows. In this case - some shadows are blended in to the frame borders because both are very dark. 

I don't understand what you mean, BFH. Can you elaborate, a little? 

In my post, I was trying to get some information from Bill....regarding those shadows, and the borders of the film frames. 

Looks like the back of Patty's heel to me for it was void of hair in that area. (see the cibrachromes for various views of that area).

I always took it to be wet substrate (sand, mud) spreading up over the back of the heel. The left heel has more of it spreading up to the back of the foot and I take it as she stepped in a bigger gloop of wet substrate with the left foot. Her feet are the same color as the substrate so its obvious to me she had wet feet after crossing the creek, and the substrate clung to her feet.

Guest Bigfoothunter

I always took it to be wet substrate (sand, mud) spreading up over the back of the heel. The left heel has more of it spreading up to the back of the foot and I take it as she stepped in a bigger gloop of wet substrate with the left foot. Her feet are the same color as the substrate so its obvious to me she had wet feet after crossing the creek, and the substrate clung to her feet.

Possibly, but see cibrachrome #310 and #332. I see the same basic bare shape of the heel area in #332 as I see in the more distant image of the same foot in nearly the same position.

bendingpoints_zps6eb67c11.gif

And while mud can stick to the base of a foot, what images of the footprints I have seen did not demonstrate that material was pulled from the track because it was stuck to the sole of Patty's foot. I personally think that because Patty's foot hinges so far back on the foot that the heel rises up to a near vertical position before the forefoot ever breaks contact with the ground. In cibrachrom #310, the sole of Patty's foot is completely vertical by the time her toes come off the substrate.

Below is a print I made in a wet muddy type substrate. Soil stuck to my foot and the aftermath of how the track appeared demonstrated this.

trackdepthtest1_zpsb1d72782.jpg

In my post, I was trying to get some information from Bill....regarding those shadows, and the borders of the film frames. 

He and I have studied the same images.

IMG_1008__zpseac0f60a.jpg

Edited by Bigfoothunter
  • gigantor pinned this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic