Patty's Feet.....and The Footprints (Part 2)

xspider1

I'd say she's much heavier than one of these:

post-131-0-32266300-1453405689_thumb.jpg

(which most PGf detractors tell us "looks real close").  I'd say 400+ lbs. for Patty easy (she's a big, strong girl, make no mistake).  Why, what's your conjecture about that?  

• Upvote 1
xspider1

Either I'm a bit confused here or, you are.  Are you saying that you think Patty is a mime in a costume and that the weight of the mime + the costume is 550 lbs?

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

I had estimated Patty's weight a bit more for I have seen Phil the Gorilla's exhibit in person on several occasions and he didn't look any broader across the shoulders as Krantz had figured for Patty. Because Phil had stopped eating any food three weeks prior to his death and still managed to weigh in at that time at 776lbs ... I could see him weighing at least another 24lbs in life over his death weight. I also considered that Phil had very short legs compared to the taller Patty, which means even more lower body weight than Phil had.

And the end of the day all this is irrelevant when talking about 550lbs or 800lbs because both push the weight of the subject in the PGF to a point of being too heavy to be a man in a suit. Even the 550lb weight would justify Patty's track depth without having to make up wild theories that Patterson had the hand-digging track-way sculpting capabilities of another Michelangelo -  and somehow managed to do so without disturbing the uneven sandbar. And if Roger could sculpt track-ways with that type of precision, then why had he not done so and filmed such tracks before the California trip. This is the beauty of taking all the film and film -site evidence as a whole weigh which is the more probable scenario  .... the one that the evidence can support on its own - or the one that needs wild child-like theories of hanging upside down from a helicopter and/or a large scaffolding in place in order to hand-dig tracks without disturbing the surface of the sandbar so just to appear possible.

And the evidence of the film taken as a whole as seen by Dr. Dmitri Donskoy ..........

"

The strides are energetic and big, with the leg swung far forward. When man extends the leg that far he walks very fast and thus overcomes by momentum the "braking effect" of the virtual prop that is provided by the forward leg. Momentum is proportional to mass and speed, so the more massive the biped the less speed (and vice versa) is needed to overcome the braking effect of the leading leg in striding."

"The arms move in swinging motions, which means the muscles are exerted at the beginning of each cycle, after which they relax and the movement continues by momentum. The character of the arm movements indicates that the arms are massive and the muscles strong."

"After each heel strike the creature's leg bends, taking on the full weight of the body and smoothing over the impact of the step, acting as a shock-absorber. During this phase certain muscles of the leg are extended and become tense in preparation for the subsequent toe-off."

"In a normal human walk such considerable knee flexion as is exhibited by the film creature is not observed; it is practiced only in cross-country skiing. This characteristic makes one think that the creature is very heavy and its toe-off is powerful, which would contribute to rapid progression."

"In the swinging of the leg, considerable flexion is observed in the joints, with different parts of the limb lagging behind each other: the foot's movement is behind the shank's, which is behind the hip's. This kind of movement is peculiar to massive limbs with well-relaxed muscles. In such a case the movements of the limbs look fluid and easy, with no breaks or jerks in the extreme points of each cycle. The creature uses to great advantage the effect of muscle resilience, which is hardly used by modern man in the usual conditions of life."

"The gait of the creature is confident, the strides are regular, and with no signs of loss of balance, of wavering or any redundant movements. In the two strides during which the creature makes a turn to the right, in the direction of the camera, the movement is accomplished with the turn of the torso. This reveals alertness and, possibly, a somewhat limited mobility of the head. (True, in some critical situations man also turns his whole torso and not just head alone.) During the turn the creature spreads its arms widely to increase stability."

"In the toe-off phase the sole of the creature's foot is visible. By human standards it is large for the height of the creature. No longitudinal arch typical of the human foot is in view. The hind part of the foot formed by the heel bone protrudes considerably back. Such proportions and anatomy facilitate the work of the muscles, which make standing postures possible and increase the force of propulsion in walking."

"The movements are harmonious and repeated uniformly from step to step; harmony is provided by synergy (the combined operation of a whole group of muscles)."

"Since the creature is man-like and bipedal, its walk resembles in principle the gait of modern man. But all its movements indicate that its weight is much greater, its muscles especially much stronger, and the walk swifter than that of man."

All the things Donskoy discusses can be seen in the film .... especially in the original and/or clearer versions made from the original before years of improper storage had deteriorated their clarity.

Either I'm a bit confused here or, you are.  Are you saying that you think Patty is a mime in a costume and that the weight of the mime + the costume is 550 lbs?

I do not think that is what Twist has implied as that would mean a 200lb man would have to take those large purposeful strides for about 300feet while carrying 350lbs.

I am surely not confused.  Please find one statement where I have ever stated Patty is a mime in a costume, on that note, please find one statement I have made on the entire BFF other than this post, where I have actually written the word "mime".  I can only imagine that anytime that word has shown up in one of my posts is if I quoted someone else saying it.  

xspider1

Ok, fair enough.  Perhaps we can approach this logically?  

Would you agree that Patty is either a person in a suit acting like a Bigfoot (a 'mime') -or- a real animal that exists(ed) just as she appears in the film?

And, if you agree with that statement then are you more or less than 50% convinced that she is real?

You certainly don't have to answer that of course, its just that you don't seem to align much with the PGf 'Proponents'.

And I want scientific PROOF, not proponent speculation.  Please provide, if you fail to or skirt around the subject I will take it as a concession you have no scientific proof. 

Sorry but, by saying that you think she weighs(ed) about 550 lbs, you are pretty much saying that you think she was a real animal in my opinion because certainly she was not a 200 lb mime in a 350 lb costume, right?

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

Twist,

xspider1 was pretty clear that he was having trouble interpreting something you had said is all.

Would you agree that Patty is either a person in a suit acting like a Bigfoot (a 'mime') -or- a real animal that exists(ed) just as she appears in the film?

And, if you agree with that statement then are you more or less than 50% convinced that she is real?

You certainly don't have to answer that of course, its just that you don't seem to align much with the PGf 'Proponents'.

And I want scientific PROOF, not proponent speculation.  Please provide, if you fail to or skirt around the subject I will take it as a concession you have no scientific proof. 

Sorry but, by saying that you think she weighs(ed) about 550 lbs, you are pretty much saying that you think she was a real animal in my opinion because certainly she was not a 200 lb mime in a 350 lb costume, right?

That is what Twist is saying as not even McSquatch or Drew would lay claim that a man in a suit can be weighed down with 350lbs and take long meaningful strides as the subject in the film did.

Squatchy McSquatch

If you really want to approach this with Logic.//

Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin are the only two individuals to ever capture a 'Bigfoot' on film.

Ever.

In the history of FigBooTerY.

Talk about a one-off.

Nevermind about the footprints...

xspider1

^ I have to say that there are many Bigfoot captured in 'moving pictures',  just no moving pictures that provide the textbook proof you are looking for yet.  Let's face it: That thing looks real, Hollywood cannot even come close to it 50 years later, it moves like no costume ever in History and the PGf detractors got diddly-squat.  Asking where are the other Patty's just doesn't get it.

• Upvote 1

Xspider, I have no issue agreeing that I believe the PGF is either an actor acting as Bigfoot, or a real life Bigfoot.  I also have no issue admitting that the sun shines, aka, the obvious, it is a man in a suit or a real life creature.  I, nor anyone I know about this has claimed this is a horse or some other large mammal portraying a Bigfoot.  Good job getting that out of me.  I will not in any way admit that this video portrays a "mime" in any way, just as I cannot admit this is a real life, yet to be discovered primate.  Its all inconclusive IMO.  

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

And you cannot explain the track depth without a 550lb subject being seen on the film. So that being said, if you truly think the subject weighs 550lbs, then you just said at that moment that Patty could not be a man in a suit IMO.

Edited by Bigfoothunter
xspider1

^ That's it in a nut-shell, Twist.  The odds of Patty being a 550 lb mime+costume seem negligible, do they not?  I'm just doing the math:  200 lb man + 350 lb costume?, 300 lb Man + 250 lb. costume?  400 lb man + 150 lb costume?  etc. etc. etc. a costume just isn't adding up either way (it never does).  What does add up is: heavy animal + no costume.

I guess I needed to be more clear when I estimated her weight to be around 550 lbs.  That estimate is assuming she is a living breathing animal, it is what I would guess something of that size and mass to weigh.  I apologize for not making that clear the first time.  

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

Your estimate would certainly come closer to explaining how the track depth was achieved by walking over the sandbar than anything else involving a guy in a suit.

• gigantor pinned this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic