Sign in to follow this  
Guest Admin

Patty's Feet.....and The Footprints (Part 2)

Backdoc

^^^

wow, excellent.    Thank you.   Anyone else?

DaleyWoodbeater

I'm new here.

I'm fascinated by the Patterson footage and find it really intriguing and impressive.

One little quibble I have with it is the apparent white fluffy soles of her feet, which seems odd, but upon scanning this thread I saw a possible explanation for this.

Backdoc
On 7/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, DaleyWoodbeater said:

I'm new here.

I'm fascinated by the Patterson footage and find it really intriguing and impressive.

One little quibble I have with it is the apparent white fluffy soles of her feet, which seems odd, but upon scanning this thread I saw a possible explanation for this.

welcome.    

yes various explanations.   Let’s hear your thoughts, glad to have you.

DaleyWoodbeater
2 hours ago, Backdoc said:

welcome.    

yes various explanations.   Let’s hear your thoughts, glad to have you.

Thanks.

The creature has a 'real' look to me - the fur, the body structure, the muscularity. It's clear enough for it all to be on show for scrutiny.

I don't have a particular explanation for the bottoms of the feet and a small part of me wonders if it's a fault with a suit.

But overall, 80% convinced.

Bill

The bottoms of the feet are likely picking up dust from the ground she's walking on, and the film copies usually seen are a higher contrast than the actual tones that were photographed. The Kodachrome camera film is designed to be realistically contrasty, and wasn't intended for copying. Kodak assumed the camera original would be shown by users. So when you copy it, the contrast increases on the first gen copy. If you copy a first, the second gen copy is even more contrasted, light tones becoming lighter, dark tone becoming darker. And just about every video shown from the film is derived from a second gen copy. So we w are seeing the feet lighter than they actually were in real life.

SweatyYeti
13 hours ago, DaleyWoodbeater said:

Thanks.

The creature has a 'real' look to me - the fur, the body structure, the muscularity. It's clear enough for it all to be on show for scrutiny.

I don't have a particular explanation for the bottoms of the feet and a small part of me wonders if it's a fault with a suit.

But overall, 80% convinced.

Hi Daley...welcome to the forum. :) 

Here is a frame from one of the highest quality versions/copies of the film...it's taken from the documentary "Sasquatch Odyssey". The bottom of Patty's left foot appears more natural, in color.....and variations in shading can be seen, in accordance with the contour of the foot, and toes...

Middle-Sequence-F10-Resize1.jpg

The simple reason why the subject looks real to you, and not 'laughably obvious' as a suit....is simply because it is real. ;) 

• Upvote 1

DaleyWoodbeater

Very interesting, thanks!

SweatyYeti

You're welcome. :) 

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing SY. Even I am forced to admit that foot bottom looks a lot more convincing than the ones I have seen more frequently.

Is that from Mrs.Pattersons first generation copy?

Thanks Bill once again for the lesson on why the foot bottoms appear unnatural in most of the film versions.

SweatyYeti
Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing SY. Even I am forced to admit that foot bottom looks a lot more convincing than the ones I have seen more frequently.

Is that from Mrs.Pattersons first generation copy?

Thanks Bill once again for the lesson on why the foot bottoms appear unnatural in most of the film versions.

You're welcome, PG. :) 

I don't know which copy of the PGF it was, that was used in 'Sasquatch Odyssey'....but, from the near-perfect coloring, and shading, of that copy....I would think that it is a 1st-generation copy....(made from the original reel). 

And, my guess is that it is Mrs. Patterson's copy.  Bill can probably provide more info, on that...since he has made a digital scan of her copy.

Edited by SweatyYeti

Bill

Based on the low contrast, it is likely from a first gen, yes. Pity it's only available on standard TV form (640x480 frame resolution), as we need a much higher resolution for proper analysis. It was not made from the copy of the film Patricia Patterson currently has, but the one she currently has is not a first gen. We still have no really reliable inventory of how many first gen copies Roger made back in 1967, who got them, or where they are today. So far, not a single one has surfaced and is positively identified.

So the first gen issue is still being investigated.

Sign in to follow this