Interview With Mike Paterson, Aka Sasquatch Ontario, Toejam

ThePhaige
On 6/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, The Truth said:

Sasquatch Ontario was outed by the cottage owner, Dwayne Scott, who confessed to hoaxing everything. Here's the video with the info in case some here haven't seen it yet.

And then there's this video where the cottage owner shows that he's the voice of Nephatia.

I watched both videos from start to finish and what I came away with is that there is no new information of much value... all this for me is just opinions, taken from all kinds of contexts with a lot of unknowable things, hear say, 3rd person

Heck I know a lot of grown men who could make the Nephatia (or whatever everyone says its name is) vocals or made an equally impressive interpretation of it. Thats easy stuff... but for me I never had one speak that way in English in my experience...So that vocal while creepy was always the weakest part of it all for me. 

I was like just uncomfortable with that for whatever reason. 

Then there is the whole lot of folks who believe they are speaking with them and I recall a medium (if you will) Sasquatch Psychic Kathleen Odom poked her

nose in there and made some definitive statements as to communicating with Nephatia) So if the cottage owner is Nephatia then what say her (miss Odom).

So what do we have here a circle of scammers and hoax collaborators... or a series of completely independent sorts of ridiculousness?

I remember when this sh*t show started to come off the rails and the cottage owners saying they had a falling out but the SSq interactions were legit... At first something personal happened between the parties that we cant know by not having been there.  So for me conflating the stories with the owners claims of long (generational) activity along with (even up till some time after the split) they continued to claim it was all legit... blaming like personality dynamics and projection...etc. Its to the point I cant trust anything that comes out of this story from the actual players all the way down to the referees. Its sad really. It really does come down to "I guess ya had to be there" all else is speculation...

I had always maintained that TJ was indeed experiencing real things (still think he was and that he believes that he was), and that I had questions as to if his interpretations of what that was is where I always drew a line. Either being hoaxed or the thing all being real all boils down to our Creators eyes I imagine, and wait we must to see all the parts together in all their factual and

hopefully review able glory.

I believe everyone has a sellout price as our history is filled with characters with whom for one of a plethora of reasons might turn a story (on a contrary), or even because of money,ego,a sacred trust violation, you name it, it could be motive to want to say it was all BS... I dont think all these unknowable facts are quite discernible at this point 

Ill tell ya the rest just has the aroma of Heironimus cologne, and a bitter kind of obsessive stalker like quality to it....  but if there is any truth to any of it, Im not sure who comes out looking like the fools... I mean what kind of a person would walk someone into such an elaborate maze of psychology , only to make them appear crazy (or the phenomenon) in the end.... Nah Finding Bigfoot did enough for that HAHA :) Entertainment though.

For me at the end of the day there are knowers and there are non knowers , you can be a non knower and open minded and also be closed minded, it doesnt really matter much, but when your a knower those arguments melt away from either attempting to defend or having much viable wisdom... IMHO

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Arvedis
On 3/30/2014 at 2:49 PM, ThePhaige said:

Firstly you can assume anything you want. just as you assume he is hoaxing and NO ONE has been able to prove otherwise regardless of what you say or spin.  My position has been clear on the subject of TJ for quite some time. There is not hope to be held out here. I believe there is a much larger scope to the whole SSq dilemma and that what is going on with TJ is happening...what I disagree with is his interpretations of what is happening, what the intentions are of the players hes involved with and what the outcomes will likely be. Frankly I think they should pack it in and get the heck out of there. I will say that is my hope if there is any, but I would say the chances of that are slim to none. Don't get me started on the whole "Speaking of SSq" channeling thing and the whole SSq are our woodsy brothers here to show us how to coexist. I don't subscribe to any of that, but do I believe its real ...Yep sure do.

Then there is the whole lot of folks who believe they are speaking with them and I recall a medium (if you will) Sasquatch Psychic Kathleen Odom poked her

nose in there and made some definitive statements as to communicating with Nephatia) So if the cottage owner is Nephatia then what say her (miss Odom).

So what do we have here a circle of scammers and hoax collaborators... or a series of completely independent sorts of ridiculousness?

I think there is activity on the property and has been long before Mike's involvement. The reason he was brought in was as a photographer, not an investigator (seems that was seen as a bonus since perhaps Mike came cheap and  how would anyone hire a professional BF investigator anyway).

The hoaxing started after a long spell of nothing happening. They couldn't trigger responses when they wanted so they made it up.  That is a pattern with hoaxing.  Where the wheels came of was when Mike started believing in the hoax, even after he knew it was a hoax.

The stuff with the psychic is typical BS. The person she was allegedly speaking with certainly didn't seem like a half man half animal.  Sounded like he was at a yoga retreat in guru mode.  

ThePhaige
Posted (edited)

I have always said and I still believe, that if there was a hoax happening , that Mike was not in on it. I always felt that what he reported was his best explanation for what he was experiencing. The big take away here is at the end of the day...what kind of people are capable of such a thing... I dont mean the hoaxing(if this indeed is the case) although that is bad enough. All parties in my opinion have been mocked, ridiculed and made aware of the sh*t show on display when they all started to turn on one another over whatever happened.  It would not surprise me that to save face the cabin owners could revert (change) to the hoax claim, in other words hoaxing the real events that really happened with a (or other) SSq with the hopes of returning to a relative normalcy of life before all this crap happened in the open.  Its gets to a point where one might say, I dont give a crap anymore, it takes too much energy to convince people only to be made a fool...

All involved look like fools at this point to me to be honest...they might all be wonderful people... but based on whats been put out there, this is crazy town.

Truth of the matter is the SSq reality never needed Mike or the others or anything else to verify itself to the many thousands who have experienced the thing. We may each disagree on what the thing is, to such a point where people become rabid over this phenomenon, and I mean down right divisive , like divided, but not yet (evidently) conquered... heh

A question though, on the last post there Arvedas, so what of the psychic stuff is BS exactly... the whole premise, is this lady and others like her lying, hoaxing, or are they hearing from or communicating with something that perhaps isnt the SSq they say they are? or is it all just a bunch of made up hookum (no pun) for attention? Curious your thoughts on that....

Edited by ThePhaige
for a woops

Incorrigible1

Phaige, please pardon my asking, but are there any reports you would classify as hoaxed?

Can bigfoot vocalizations cause ice to crack? I'm more than doubtful of many of Toejam's dubious claims. You're certainly entitled to your opinions, and of course, your mileage may vary.

ThePhaige

^^ Yep there are a ton of hoaxes

As for your question on the ice cracking, I dont know for sure what that was about... couple of points from those who have heard them,... one: The SSq can project some serious frequency range and two:The Ice cracks all the time, perhaps one happened at the same basic time and it seemed to be from the noise he said he heard... If you go back to those old posts its clear what I was telling him about the ice thing... so go back and read if yad like. 

I suppose if you never saw and heard lightning and thunder before ya might not make the connection that the two are completely related, in this case I cant really assume anything. The man made a claim. I wasnt there. It seems implausible to me, yet I have seen so much implausible in my lifetime, that I tend to not condemn as an automatic .

One might think its impossible for a SSq to cause a grown man to urinate on himself,  but Im pretty its happened... ya know

I suppose we will have all the answers soon enough.... 

• Upvote 1

Incorrigible1

Fair enough, thank you. Plussed.

bipedalist
Posted (edited)

I still say anybody trying to pass a fish-eye graphic off as a BF self portrait is not being honest.  I will not believe anything they say or do.  But playing to the BF crowd got him some free travel and attention for sure.  There are enough gullible people in the world to rationalize anything that they want in regard to his veracity.   We must keep the conventioneers supplied with all manner of opinions to be inclusive of course (sort of like one Cali town doesn't have manholes in some areas any longer they are maintenance access ports or some such garbage).  Sort of like we don't have BF research prevaricators anymore we just have varied theories and opinions amongst the "in-crowd"

Edited by bipedalist

ThePhaige
Posted (edited)

Fair to say you are not alone in your feelings on the subject. Having said that....

The reason for all manner of opinions is because there are all manner of experiences within this phenomenon.  Conflating it with a movement to change all speech to be gender neutral though (or politically correct) seems to be as much of a stretch as any.  The SSq reality cannot be dismissed within such a simplistic way, its much more complicated than that in my opinion. This is more ideology and an agenda driven mechanism from my experience over the many years.

Have you listened to Les Stroud's interview...  its a good listen... Might open a mind or two..... or not.

Interesting what he says about the gatekeepers... To me this makes more sense as to the divisions. 

Also the those who will dismiss any and all explanations, experiences and sightings as like a mass 

breakdown in sanity I say no, wrong... next.

https://youtu.be/Gbx99oZNq6o

Edited by ThePhaige

The Truth
On 7/15/2019 at 9:21 PM, Arvedis said:

I think there is activity on the property and has been long before Mike's involvement. The reason he was brought in was as a photographer, not an investigator (seems that was seen as a bonus since perhaps Mike came cheap and  how would anyone hire a professional BF investigator anyway).

The hoaxing started after a long spell of nothing happening. They couldn't trigger responses when they wanted so they made it up.  That is a pattern with hoaxing.  Where the wheels came of was when Mike started believing in the hoax, even after he knew it was a hoax.

The stuff with the psychic is typical BS. The person she was allegedly speaking with certainly didn't seem like a half man half animal.  Sounded like he was at a yoga retreat in guru mode.  

Why do you think that there was activity on the property before Paterson's involvement? All we have is Dwayne (the cottage owner's) word. His father's so-called sighting was ambiguous to say the least. If you look at maps of the area, it's full of cottages unlike Paterson's claim that it's remote and no one's around. He was bullsh*ting about that. It is literally one of the busiest cottaging areas in all of Ontario. How are sasquatches getting in and out of the area with all the cottagers around? Unless you subscribe to Paterson's nonsense about them being invisible surely there'd be a plethora of other reported sightings in the area if there has been activity as long as Dwayne claims. Yet there's none! A group of us traveled up to the area last summer and were blown away by how many cottages and people were around. We saw the cottage and even found the gift tree area up the hill. It's a joke. All public roads and no No Trespassing signs except for one a few miles back that is obviously someone's private property. You should go there some time Arvedis. The location is pinpointed in a couple of videos on youtube. 

Dwayne told a couple of people in private messages (after he confessed) that he created the hoax to give his father's sighting (as ambiguous as it was) credence. He said that it all started as a joke and spiraled out of control. I'm inclined to believe that a lot more than invisible bigfoots playing tic tac toe and drawing pictures, hollering back English phrases, and leaving single footprints that look fake and in the beginning exactly like human prints.

But no matter what anyone believes, the smoking gun is the FACT that vocals, tic tac toe, imposed pics, glyphs, gifts, prints, and anything else of "substance" only happens when Dwayne is with Paterson. You have to consider too that Dwayne also claimed to have found prints outside his home in Oshawa, Ontario. Why is evidence only following Dwayne? Because Dwayne is creating it, that's why! Paterson even admitted that Dwayne was hoaxing the marbles! Though in Paterson's mind he was doing it to throw off the intruders. Yeah right? So how did Paterson then know when Dwayne was doing it and when he wasn't? Remember, it was supposedly months that Dwayne was attempting to "throw off the intruders." So for months Paterson had no idea that Dwayne was hoaxing. Just shows you how clueless Mr. P really is. 

Dwayne had absolutely nothing to gain by confessing. NOTHING! He had a lot to lose actually. He and Paterson were at one another's throats with constant insults back and forth. It's simple really, Dwayne wanted the hoax to end because it was becoming a thorn in his side. He was aware that a research group were monitoring things and he didn't want to get caught. He got the jump on the group and confessed. Simple as that. The garbage about military and government involvement was Paterson's attempt at saving face. Shockingly, a lot of people bought it. But no one that I know of who's a somebody in bigfoot research buys into any of it. Even Dr. Bindernagel abandoned Paterson before he passed away. But then again, Dr. B. subscribed to a lot of hoaxers and truly felt that no one would go to the trouble of hoaxing. But with Paterson he really felt that he was hallucinating and stretching the truth.

For sure Paterson knows that he was hoaxed. No one is that dumb. But whether it's the money he's getting now or the fact that he's too far down the rabbit hole to ever really save face, he's going to milk it as long as he can. You know that he has a PayPal account set up to receive donations right Arvedis? So yeah, it's all about the money now. 

And for record Paterson was not brought in as a photographer. He has never been a professional photographer and was actually just getting out of a failed pet photog business when his buddy Mike Smith contacted him about Dwayne and the supposed Crystal Lake activity. Smith was with Paterson on the first few trips to Crystal Lake but then bailed. He was Paterson's admitted mentor. Yet when the sh*t hit the fan with Dwayne confessing and the shrapnel from that, all of a sudden Paterson threw Smith under the bus and accused him of hoaxing. What a great friend huh?

If you know Paterson's history, he actually wrote on the BFF way back when that he was going to be the first person to photograph a bigfoot. When that didn't happen, his bruised ego was healed by telling everyone that bigfoot are invisible and there's no way to snap a photo of one. Yet we have the Paterson-Gimlin (Roger Patterson) film which Paterson (Mike) believes is real. Go figure! Somehow the bigfoot in the PGF wasn't invisible. But Mike's bigfoot is conveniently invisible.  

Paterson tells the world that he has photos up on National Geographic's website, but he fails to tell us that it's National Geographic's Your Shot website. Literally, a monkey could take a photo and upload it to the website. Paterson touting that he has photos of NG quality and photos uploaded to their website was another one of his attempts at exaggerating his photography experience. Paterson is a master at exaggeration if you haven't noticed. He's obviously not that well-versed in photography if he believes that he's photographing "orbs" when he's actually photographing backscatter. Any photog with experience knows about backscatter. But not Paterson! 

When it's all said and done, Paterson was hoaxed. He's devolved sasquatch research more than anyone else this century and he's still doing damage. We should all work together to stop the charade and damage it's doing to research. Are you on board?

Arvedis
1 hour ago, The Truth said:

Why do you think that there was activity on the property before Paterson's involvement? All we have is Dwayne (the cottage owner's) word. His father's so-called sighting was ambiguous to say the least. If you look at maps of the area, it's full of cottages unlike Paterson's claim that it's remote and no one's around. He was bullsh*ting about that. It is literally one of the busiest cottaging areas in all of Ontario. How are sasquatches getting in and out of the area with all the cottagers around? Unless you subscribe to Paterson's nonsense about them being invisible surely there'd be a plethora of other reported sightings in the area if there has been activity as long as Dwayne claims. Yet there's none! A group of us traveled up to the area last summer and were blown away by how many cottages and people were around. We saw the cottage and even found the gift tree area up the hill. It's a joke. All public roads and no No Trespassing signs except for one a few miles back that is obviously someone's private property. You should go there some time Arvedis. The location is pinpointed in a couple of videos on youtube. 

Dwayne told a couple of people in private messages (after he confessed) that he created the hoax to give his father's sighting (as ambiguous as it was) credence. He said that it all started as a joke and spiraled out of control. I'm inclined to believe that a lot more than invisible bigfoots playing tic tac toe and drawing pictures, hollering back English phrases, and leaving single footprints that look fake and in the beginning exactly like human prints.

But no matter what anyone believes, the smoking gun is the FACT that vocals, tic tac toe, imposed pics, glyphs, gifts, prints, and anything else of "substance" only happens when Dwayne is with Paterson. You have to consider too that Dwayne also claimed to have found prints outside his home in Oshawa, Ontario. Why is evidence only following Dwayne? Because Dwayne is creating it, that's why! Paterson even admitted that Dwayne was hoaxing the marbles! Though in Paterson's mind he was doing it to throw off the intruders. Yeah right? So how did Paterson then know when Dwayne was doing it and when he wasn't? Remember, it was supposedly months that Dwayne was attempting to "throw off the intruders." So for months Paterson had no idea that Dwayne was hoaxing. Just shows you how clueless Mr. P really is. 

Dwayne had absolutely nothing to gain by confessing. NOTHING! He had a lot to lose actually. He and Paterson were at one another's throats with constant insults back and forth. It's simple really, Dwayne wanted the hoax to end because it was becoming a thorn in his side. He was aware that a research group were monitoring things and he didn't want to get caught. He got the jump on the group and confessed. Simple as that. The garbage about military and government involvement was Paterson's attempt at saving face. Shockingly, a lot of people bought it. But no one that I know of who's a somebody in bigfoot research buys into any of it. Even Dr. Bindernagel abandoned Paterson before he passed away. But then again, Dr. B. subscribed to a lot of hoaxers and truly felt that no one would go to the trouble of hoaxing. But with Paterson he really felt that he was hallucinating and stretching the truth.

For sure Paterson knows that he was hoaxed. No one is that dumb. But whether it's the money he's getting now or the fact that he's too far down the rabbit hole to ever really save face, he's going to milk it as long as he can. You know that he has a PayPal account set up to receive donations right Arvedis? So yeah, it's all about the money now. 

And for record Paterson was not brought in as a photographer. He has never been a professional photographer and was actually just getting out of a failed pet photog business when his buddy Mike Smith contacted him about Dwayne and the supposed Crystal Lake activity. Smith was with Paterson on the first few trips to Crystal Lake but then bailed. He was Paterson's admitted mentor. Yet when the sh*t hit the fan with Dwayne confessing and the shrapnel from that, all of a sudden Paterson threw Smith under the bus and accused him of hoaxing. What a great friend huh?

If you know Paterson's history, he actually wrote on the BFF way back when that he was going to be the first person to photograph a bigfoot. When that didn't happen, his bruised ego was healed by telling everyone that bigfoot are invisible and there's no way to snap a photo of one. Yet we have the Paterson-Gimlin (Roger Patterson) film which Paterson (Mike) believes is real. Go figure! Somehow the bigfoot in the PGF wasn't invisible. But Mike's bigfoot is conveniently invisible.  

Paterson tells the world that he has photos up on National Geographic's website, but he fails to tell us that it's National Geographic's Your Shot website. Literally, a monkey could take a photo and upload it to the website. Paterson touting that he has photos of NG quality and photos uploaded to their website was another one of his attempts at exaggerating his photography experience. Paterson is a master at exaggeration if you haven't noticed. He's obviously not that well-versed in photography if he believes that he's photographing "orbs" when he's actually photographing backscatter. Any photog with experience knows about backscatter. But not Paterson! 

When it's all said and done, Paterson was hoaxed. He's devolved sasquatch research more than anyone else this century and he's still doing damage. We should all work together to stop the charade and damage it's doing to research. Are you on board?

That is some serious deep feelings and deep diving into this scenario.  I don't expect you to come clean on what your association is with those folks but whatever it is, you have a bone to pick.  I personally don't care and have no investment in your drama.  I do think Mike has some issues and is not worth piling on.  From what I can see, Dwayne is just some guy with a lot of time on his hands and apparently, so do you. I've said all I am gonna say.  Means less than nothing to me and bigfootery in general except some humor.

The Truth
9 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

That is some serious deep feelings and deep diving into this scenario.  I don't expect you to come clean on what your association is with those folks but whatever it is, you have a bone to pick.  I personally don't care and have no investment in your drama.  I do think Mike has some issues and is not worth piling on.  From what I can see, Dwayne is just some guy with a lot of time on his hands and apparently, so do you. I've said all I am gonna say.  Means less than nothing to me and bigfootery in general except some humor.

We all have time on our hands if we're still here at 1 am, you included. :you: :P

When I was 6 or 7, Paterson borrowed my Bionic Man bigfoot doll (or as I like to call it, figurine). He never returned it. I vowed to get him back. Paterson that is, not the bigfoot doll since it's no doubt gone forever. Now you know the long-standing drama. :pleasantry: