Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

I thought it was eye-shine too but someone else on here thought it was flashlights from the roaming production crew which is not in keeping with the production practices of Les Stroud AT ALL.

BFF Patron

According to what I have been told,  he does not have a production crew in the field with him.    That is why he carries around the cameras on tripods and holds it to film himself.    I will see if I can contact his website and ask about that.   You might be right but it is a big change to his filming practices if it is.      Randy

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the 2 episodes. I was hoping there would be more. The footage is almost too good and when the alleged bigfoot blinks, it seems mechanical to me. Anyhow, I hope the series continues. Does anyone know if they plan to shoot more episodes? I thought ending the series after climbing a mountain that is suppose to be bigfoot territory and then the show ends was sad.

Joe 

BFF Patron

According to what I have been told,  he does not have a production crew in the field with him.    That is why he carries around the cameras on tripods and holds it to film himself.    I will see if I can contact his website and ask about that.   You might be right but it is a big change to his filming practices if it is.      Randy

Stroud clearly said at the steepest part of the mountain climb, that he had to leave the rest of the equipment and crew behind.  Perhaps it was just for this episode and they had security, lol. 

BFF Patron

Could be they did have a crew with them.     I watched one of his shows yesterday, where he was in Utah, and he mentioned he had a local desert expert a few miles away in case something went wrong.   Snake bite, lack of water, or other issue.     He was filming himself going down a steep descent and at one point said he was going to stop filming because he would have to run down, set up the camera, then climb back up to go down again for the purpose of filming himself descending and he was wearing himself out.    So I think he probably uses a combination of solo and supported methods depending on the situation.     I suppose most of the time he prefers to be solo, because if he had a camera man,  he would have to watch the camera man drink water, and eat good food, while he scrounges for water and food.     I enjoy his shows.   It is like a refresher course on my military survival school training course years ago.    As much time as I spend in the field solo, never hurts to know what to do if I break a leg or something and have to wait out a rescue.        Speaking of breaking a leg,   I noticed a local hardware store has rolls of a fiberglass tape that when wrapped around something, sticks to itself then hardens and becomes rigid.     That would make a good emergency cast.    It is expensive and I do not know what the shelf life is.  I will have to check into that. 

^ Looks like I answered partially at least one of my questions:

"Don Jeffrey Meldrum · Professor of Anatomy and Anthropology at Idaho State University

"For the record, I have no association with Mr. xxxxxx, nor has he any affiliation with Idaho State University. I have never been in the field with him."

On the website comments listed in the link above. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Bigfoot+researcher+seeks+bucks+from+Dragons+with+video/9513576/story.html

I know this was a several weeks ago, but the link now says "Page not found".  I hate when I miss something.

BFF Patron

Never fear, I remembered to search:  http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Edmonton+sasquatch+researcher+headed+Toronto+Dragons+with+video/9589053/story.html

Quote:

Edmonton sasquatch researcher headed to Toronto and Dragons’ Den (with video)

BY CHRIS ZDEB, EDMONTON JOURNALMARCH 7, 2014

9589054.jpg

Aaron Arcand pitches a one man sasquatch show to Hannah James during auditions for the Dragons Den TV show at the Stollery Executive Devlopmentr Centre in Edmonton on February 15, 2014. Photograph by: Bruce Edwards, Edmonton Journal

EDMONTON - Aaron Arcand is about to find out which is scarier: a sasquatch in the wild or Kevin O’Leary in the Dragons’ Den.

The Edmonton sasquatch researcher has been invited to Toronto to pitch his idea for a Canadian-based reality show to the five venture capitalists who are the stars of the popular CBC television show.

The 43-year-old owner and operator of a fire and safety services company, was among 59 people who auditioned for the show’s producers in Edmonton last month.

Arcand is looking for $100,000 and offering a 50-per-cent stake to produce a show called Searching for Sasquatch to prove the giant, hairy creatures do exist.

His pitch on April 1 doesn’t mean it will automatically air on the show, but Arcand is certain he won’t be an April Fool.

“With the subject matter and with the pitch presentation I’ve put together I really can’t see it not making it on the show,†he said Thursday.

During his audition in Edmonton Arcand talked about what he thought was a face-to-face encounter in the mountains with a Bigfoot that ran up to him sitting on the ground, bent over and screamed in his face.

“I literally felt its saliva hit my face and felt the warmth of his breath, and I immediately wet myself,†he told the producers.

Unfortunately, it was so dark he couldn’t see his hand in front of his face so he can’t be sure it was a sasquatch.

Arcand won’t have a problem seeing O’Leary, who has a reputation for being the Simon Cowell of Dragons’ Den. But he might want to bring along an extra pair of pants.

czdeb@edmontonjournal.com

Unquote

Unfortunately, the comments section now seems to be AWOL.  

Edited by bipedalist

That "Sasquatch charge in the dark" story he related on that video was one I told him personally as related to me by A Erickson. And now suddenly it happened to him. Delusional.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so my brother is a  skeptic, but he watched the Radium Springs episode on Animal Planet last night(?) and he called today to talk about it. He enjoyed the show so much he went and looked up Todd Standing and the convo got around to "I looked him up and he is a fraud." I said he has submitted some questionable stuff but has apparently bought himself a good spot and has some bigtime supporters like Les Stroud and Dr. Meldrum.

Anyway, I was glad to see him interested in the subject as he and I are pretty much polar opposites an stuff but anytime there is some news or show BF related he will call to ask me about it. He hunts (I don't)but I probably spend 100 more days a year in the woods(NF). We both agree Les is the man though! and I am glad to see someone with his view to take the time to consider the possibilities.... and talk about them

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit objectionable Text

Admin

Regarding the Scariest Night of Standings Life, I would think that if you were going to go out and look for Bigfoot, you would have at least a camera, and possibly some recording equipment, to capture any possible activity. I know I would. The way he talked, he should have been able to hear them breathing. JMO

• 1 month later...
BFF Patron

With Todd involved,  Less cannot ever be sure Todd or some buddy is not making things happen.    It would be much better for him to be on his own.  

• 2 months later...

I watched this for the first time last night and it was titled something like, producers cut (Les made remarks subtitled on the screen as the episode was aired). I got the impression that Les knew TS was known to hoax, but he wanted to analyze the evidence firsthand instead of just listening or reading others opinions. I really like the way Les handled himself on the show and I think he is genuinely perplexed just like myself. I also think he will end up realizing how difficult getting quality video really is and I do wish him good luck!