Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

BFF Patron

My point was that I don't care to be a media figure and everything that seems to go along with it. Others certainly think differently. I had the chance to appear on an episode of Finding Bigfoot and turned it down. You are right that people do not have to make things up, but when someone has the desire to be a media figure, there is a lot of temptation there.

How can Less or anyone else know when they are led or directed into an area that what they find is truly authentic. Larry Lund pointed out recently that all he had to do, when he talked to Paul Freeman, was mention where he was going to do field work, and magically he would find footprints in the area, nearly every time. I think he said they lived near each other at one point. When he didn't say anything to Paul, he would rarely find footprints. Funny how that worked out.

I don't know but am guessing that Les Stroud had some sort of contract with Todd Standing. Minimum number of appearances or something like that.

Thinker Thunker just posted this

Cheers

This one was posted recently as well. These guys both sound high, but what they point out is pretty interesting. Not sure if it's squatch or not, but you never know..

agreed  swwasasquatchproject.. if I were involved i'd want privacy for sure.

and yes, stroud would need to be careful  mainly because  authenticity is tough thanks to the bad apples out there...... however picking standing probably wasn't his best move if authenticity was the goal . a simple google search could've avoided the TS thing.

perfect world scenario, imo , for that show would be to dump TS , get a new undisclosed area provided by a non appearing  BFer , with honest to goodness activity that could be recorded for what it is.....even if all they hear / see is owl hoots and moonlight.

because then, if presented "as is"  with no hype , we'd know if Stroud was really in it for truth and to learn / discover or if its just a ratings thing cashing in on the popular for now BF scene........ I'm beginning to  suspect its the latter of the two.

Survivorman Bigfoot Q&A with Les Stroud

Published on Apr 13, 2015

On April 8, 2015 Les Stroud traveled to Pocatello, Idaho to present some of his findings of Bigfoot to Prof. Jeff Meldrum PhD, and to also have a question & answer session with the local fans and Bigfoot believers. This is the recordings of the Q&A session.

BFF Patron

He has a great sense of humor too.    I got busy and did not watch all of it.    Did anyone ask him about TS? 

...........Meldrum said he had discussions with Stroud before he did the 2014 shoot in Canada. And Stroud told him if he determined there was nothing to claims about encounters with Bigfoot made by Todd Standing, he would report the truth. Instead, Stroud decided to do additional research and his latest 2-part show will be examining the Bigfoot issue even more.............

----

source article:

April 1st 2015

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/survivorman-and-bigfoot-les-stroud-coming-to-pocatello-to-share/article_eba271b6-d84e-11e4-a511-9fdf415b51a5.html

I think he did the two shows with Standing to show the potential of him being a hoaxer without actually calling him one. There were things like the magic disappearing apple, and he stresses in the show that a lot of Standing's claims are totally biased. He also points out that his group of Sasquatch for some reason are now nowhere to be found. Les seems more the kind of person to lay doubt in people's minds rather than make straight accusations.

• Upvote 1

Guest Squatchologist

I thought last nights show was good, i always liked Scott Carpenters "bigfoot licking camera" video. Les's video of the bear that stole his camera is cool, but i still think the "creature" in scotts has longer hair then that bear, but more then likely it is a bear.

BFF Patron

I watched it too.   Scott does a lot of BF behind every tree photos so I take him with a grain of salt.      I have attempted to contact him about his infrasound recording and analysis but he has never returned an email.   When a researcher gets too busy to discuss his own work then I think maybe he is moving from researcher to entertainer when he does not have time for that.   Those blogs and videos soak up a lot of time and have no real place in research other then grandstanding and self promotion.   Of course it paid off  by getting him on Survivorman Bigfoot just like Todd Standing.   

Guest Squatchologist

I also agree with Scott Carpenter, seems like a genuine guy but some of the I see face in the leaves stuff is silly at best

What's next for Les? Going to the Carter farm and offering garlic? Maybe the Erickson Project's breathing shag carpet?

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 3

Guest Squatchologist

I believe Les Stroud is doing it the right way, keep a skeptic view but yet reporting what hes encountering and experiencing. When it comes to going with "researchers" if you're not a believer of course your gonna think theyre full of horse manure. Heck you could have a bigfoot slap you in the face and call it a bear, or a cow. Need to keep an open mind skeptic or believer, and i think thats what Les is doing.

BFF Patron

Could be Rockape.   Well so far he has brought in two prolific video producer "experts".     I know the last of his locations (the 6th episode) is in Texas.    So who produces lots of videos in Texas?    Good heavens, you don't suppose it is Melba?    I guess that is what Les does so that is who he is connecting with. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT