Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

BFF Patron

I hear there are killer penguins down there.  Maybe it was for them?  :o

There is another 'NEW' episode of Survivorman"Bigfoot......

tonight Wednesday 9pm Central(US)...repeats at 11pm

Discovery Channel....

episode is titled: 'Hidden World of Bigfoot'

it also is on the Science Channel of Friday

Edited by LucasJ

BFF Patron

Interesting episode.    A Sonya and Randy from Western Canada were on the first part.  Sonya is into meditation and Randy is a sort of BFRO type with whoops, calls etc.    Anyway Les wanted to explore hoaxing so went to Hollywood and had a special effects lab make him a pair of stompers.    I had a fit.  Les took some casts of the stompers  to Meldrum and Bindernagel and presented them with some prints they found in Canda.   Meldrum thought the found prints human and was suspicious of the hoax one.    He noticed that it looked very similar to a print he had on file, the one that was used as the pattern for the mold.   So he suspected it was a hoax.     Dodged that bullet but was pretty upset when Les admitted it was a hoax..   I would have thrown Les out of my office.   Back in Canada they heard some interesting vocalizations which Less did not think was coyote.    Later that night something came into where Les had his tent set up and pushed down several times on his tent.   He could not imagine it was some normal woods animal.  He looked scared. 

Anyway one of the more interesting episodes.   Should be on again later in the week. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest sprayanpray

Les should have took a different approach to the hoaxing. Shady for what he did with the cast he made should have exposed the way fakes are made and exposed the culture of the hoaxers.  

I remember them showing him armed once with a rifle due to polar bears. I think it was in Antarctica.

i recall something like this too it was years ago

I agree it was a good episode. Meldrum's face was four shades of red when the hoax copy foot was revealed by Les. The tent incident really had Les going through a serious thought process. I think (IMHO) that Les is getting hooked on the subject and mystery surrounding BF.

BFF Patron

Reading MIB's night experience (another thread)  he posted and the one Les had on the show they are almost identical.    I would be inclined to believe some connection if I did not know that MIB's happened several years ago and had not been  previously revealed.        Also I have to listen to the show again but I think Les said his tent was pushed down three times.     MIB's was messed with three times.      Many of the stumps I find rocks on in remote areas have three rocks on them.    Are we seeing some sort of behavior patterns where the number three has significance for BF?    This has got me wondering. 

Like I said, if I were Meldrum I would have thrown Stroud out of my office.    Somehow I don't think Les will be welcome there any more.   And thinking about it,  the stomper was a reproduction  made by a Hollywood special effects studio of a thought to be authentic BF cast.    Fooling Meldrum is meaningless in that situation and more of a dirty tricks thing to me.   No wonder he was mad. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest Dr. Boogie

Reading MIB's night experience (another thread)  he posted and the one Les had on the show they are almost identical.    I would be inclined to believe some connection if I did not know that MIB's happened several years ago and had not been  previously revealed.        Also I have to listen to the show again but I think Les said his tent was pushed down three times.     MIB's was messed with three times.      Many of the stumps I find rocks on in remote areas have three rocks on them.    Are we seeing some sort of behavior patterns where the number three has significance for BF?    This has got me wondering. 

Like I said, if I were Meldrum I would have thrown Stroud out of my office.    Somehow I don't think Les will be welcome there any more.   And thinking about it,  the stomper was a reproduction  made by a Hollywood special effects studio of a thought to be authentic BF cast.    Fooling Meldrum is meaningless in that situation and more of a dirty tricks thing to me.   No wonder he was mad. 

I think what Les did was acceptable behaviour in that he just put Meldrum into a situation that he might come across at any time I also felt that Les was quite calculated and tactful in the timing of his revelation that it was fake. In the end I was left with what I felt was a balanced conclusion; that fakes can be hard to identify from a plaster cast and that Meldrum was capable of spotting some anomalies in the cast that didn't rest easy with him.

Pushing down on the top of tents seems to be fairly commonly reported behavior. Seems to me Jeff Meldrum had a similar experience on his introductory expedition in Northern California, fingers dragging along the top of his tent possibly. He talked about that trip in Legend Meets Science, I'll have to see what I can find.

BFF Patron

Thanks Spray. I liked the biologist's logic process trying to figure out what he was interacting with through the tent walls. Very logical process analyzing every interaction and the shadows cast on the tent and even though he immediately assumed bear, (he was not a bigfooter) the evidence that it was not bear kept mounting up. The huge hand shadow and opposing thumb and the pine cones being thrown towards the last being the best evidence what he was dealing with was not a bear. OK Crowlogic or some other skeptic, explain to us how a biologist could be fooled like this.

Am I mistaken, or did I hear this man say that our black bear *do not* walk upright?

Reason for asking-- I was walking off-trail in Cades Cove one day with my husband, and there was a black bear (?) walking very much upright only about 30 yards to our right, paralleling us. CLEAR side view. Very tall. I didn't watch for long... figured it was just curious about us, and as long as it didn't show any aggression, I was okay with it. It stayed upright the whole time I did watch... Didn't look for features, since bear would have been the only thought back then.

An hour or so later, we walked right between a huge Mama and her cubs, accidently.~ Began whistling on our way out, and immediately saw cherries everywhere on the ground. We were lucky.

Very interesting BF encounter (the video).

survivorman series are usually just 4 episodes.  This is episode 7.  I suspect Stroud is very curious or is able to get funded more for Bigfoot.  Interesting....

It was pretty dumb to use such a popular casting as the basis for the hoax. The familiar shape is the only reason Meldrum became suspicious, he was pretty impressed otherwise.

BFF Patron

survivorman series are usually just 4 episodes.  This is episode 7.  I suspect Stroud is very curious or is able to get funded more for Bigfoot.  Interesting....

This episode really surprised me.   Because at the Sasquatch Summit he announced that there would be 6 episodes and now this is the 7th.   With Finding Bigfoot off the air this winter,  maybe their ratings were so good they decided to continue the series.