Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

So...it's official now. Friday, April 3rd at 10 pm on the Science Channel. Just saw it on Les' facebook page. Woohoo! Thanks, SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT for giving us all a heads-up on this one.

BFF Patron

A release to Cryptomundo said that Stroud  presents what he experienced and it is up to the viewer of the 6 shows to make their own conclusions.    That is a refreshing change from "authorities" who conclude things they cannot possibly know.    

Cryptomundo drives me crazy. Just tried to watch a video there and there's a stupid ad in the middle of it. Pisses me off. Reminds my why I don't go there anymore.

Same here, OK. I quit going there because it takes forever to load the page and when it finally does, it's full of ads.

BFF Patron

Ever since Coleman had tax troubles his only option has been to sell, sell, sell.  I believe he had no other options. Can't really blame him for the ads in that case.   I remember his museum was at risk at one time too.  Not sure what happened to that.  

Guest JiggyPotamus

I did not like his involvement with Standing either, but the way I looked at it was that Les knew nothing about the guy. He probably had heard Standing talking about conservation and whatnot, and Les not being a member of the bigfoot community, had no idea that Standing's work was highly criticized. I too got the impression that Les wanted to make it clear that he was not taking Standing's claims at face value. I think Les, being a nice guy, was not prepared to call Standing out, especially not to his face, thus Les may have seemed like he was believing Standing more than he really was during the episodes.

My interest in this show will drastically increase if Standing is no longer in the picture. As to whether Stroud is jumping on the bigfoot bandwagon, I think the answer is yes and no. I believe that Les has a genuine interest in finding whether these animals truly exist. I think he is intrigued enough, due to his personal experiences and the available evidence, to want to find out the truth for himself. But because he doesn't own the television network and cannot decide what is aired, there has to be a certain amount of general public interest in any topic for a show to be made. Whether or not Les approached the network, or they approached him, I do not know. He may have pitched the idea. I have a feeling that after he started doing the bigfoot show he became aware of the community's comments and beliefs, and maybe this affected his decision to distance himself from Standing.

I agree that Stroud is unlikely to actually prove bigfoot exists, but I also feel that any evidence he captures will be legitimate. I also feel that due to his wilderness experience he will be able to rule out any misidentifications and things of that nature. Because Standing was the one making the decisions about the search area in the previous show, I am wondering who will make such determinations in the future? It isn't rocket science though. Just get online and look at where there have been sightings. And again, Les' wilderness and wildlife experience will definitely aid him in this department. If he treats bigfoot like an ordinary animal, an animal that wishes to position itself to hunt other animals, but he also accepts that bigfoot is more intelligent and less instinct-driven than an ordinary animal, I think he will have a good shot at capturing some evidence.

BFF Patron

Well the good thing is Les owns his own production company and in doing so has total control of the content.     That has never been the case with Finding Bigfoot and the principals there have been reported to constantly be at odds with the producers.   Even at one time threatening to quit because of how some of their stuff was being edited and portrayed to the public.   

I look forward to Survivor Bigfoot as I think it will be an honest portrayal of what Les experienced shooting it.    One thing any seasoned bigfooter knows is that you spend a lot of time in the field with nothing happening.    The hard part at times is telling when something out of the ordinary woods experience is happening.    We do not spend our whole life in the woods so many ordinary things that can seem quite strange at the time can have nothing to do with BF.   Les has spent enough time outdoors to be able to differentiate better than most. 

BFF Patron

In this inter-webs age, I don't take the excuse Les knew nothing about Standing as valid.  Les is a bright man, even employers check internet and Facebook nowadays.  Les had due diligence to do and if he didn't do it, it doesn't serve people well to make excuses for his choice of duds.  Then again, where TV is involved, many people know the good and the bad, and choose the latter option because either way there is money to be made.  Perhaps Les just made a call to the wrong researcher that also was into TV ratings and abracadabra, we have dual survivor (which is a show I prefer BTW).  

Edited by bipedalist

I'd say Les is just jumping on the bf bandwagon.  He'll get viewers of course but nothing will come of it or be verified as a supposed sasquatch.

this ^.....

for one, TV BF is popular for now...... and two...... that's  the way these shows always go.

i'd love to see something great presented, but if he had the "smoking gun" type evidence it would've already been on the news by now , just IMO and all that .

I also agree that Les seems to have more credibility than most making BF tv these days..  I think most everone is looking forward to seeing his new 6 part series.

I'd say Les is just jumping on the bf bandwagon.  He'll get viewers of course but nothing will come of it or be verified as a supposed sasquatch.  It's about money and ratings.

If he hadn't already had experiences in 2007 (Alaska) and before (Temagami, Ontario, I believe) that had him wondering just what it was that he heard, I might be inclined to agree that he may be jumping on the bandwagon. But for those reasons, and because Survivorman already has a pretty solid following without bringing bigfoot into it, I think he's just at the place where you'd expect him to be right now: probing this subject with an open mind. I remember reading somewhere that it was Les seeing Survivor on tv and what a joke it is that led him to approach a network about doing Survivorman so that people could see the real deal. Maybe he sees Finding Bigfoot and thinks the same thing: that he could take a much more natural, open-minded approach that focuses on research and observation than just "Whoa, did you hear that? That was a bigfoot!" every single show. Hopefully Standing is in the rear mirror for this series of upcoming shows, because I think that would make it a lot more of a legitimate experience for all. And as far as verifying any supposed sasquatch, from what I hear, a lot of squatch hunting (I don't mean the killing kind of hunting, just the searching kind) is putting in a lot of time in the forest and getting very little back as far as results go. It seems to be the way it goes - other than some alleged habituation sites I've read about -so why would it be any different for Les? I'm looking forward to it, because from what I've already seen in the last episodes he made, it sure was a lot more interesting than any other shows on the subject. Bring on 4/3!

i am looking forwards to the shows.  I like Les and respect this survivorman shows.  He goes out with little resources and stays for almost a week on his own trying to get out and survive.  Not to mention he has to carry the filming gear and film himself. The other survival shows like Bear and dual survival are with a film crew and help is right there if truly needed.  I know Les has a backup plan to call for help if necessary, but I still respect him a bit more for going about it the way he does.

As for Les and Bigfoot....I still liked the first 2 shows he did even though TS was involved.  I still think Les was very skeptical of  TS which he mentions many times when it came to the tree breaks and other things TS was saying was bigfoot related.  That is good as it seemed he was taking the info with a grain of salt and not jumping to conclussions and fully accepting everything TS was showing.

Les may not know all the signs to look for related to BF but really who does?  I am hoping he will not be doing screams and yells and banging on trees all over the place like finding bigfoot as I am not sure that is the best approach.  I think if a BF is in the area and is curious about someone being in the area with them, you would be better off going about your business doing whatever then taking the finding bigfoot approach.

I also think taking a "hunters approach" would be better.  Move into an area in the early early morning before dawn, set up "camp" in a tree stand and wait and watch.  Look at how many supposed sightings come from hunters in tree stands.  After a day of sitting and watching, set up your actual camp away from the stand and camp normally maybe within site from the tree stand but far enough away that you could observe with binocs/scope.  Get up early before sunrise and sneak to the stand.  This might work better with 2 people so 1 is camping "bait" and other stays hidden in stand but 1 might work also.

I am hoping he will not be doing screams and yells and banging on trees all over the place

Yes, and hopefully no live bass playing nor screaming girlscouts. And hold off on the fireworks, too, Les!