Infrasound Event Preliminary Report

SWWASAS

BFF Patron

My recorder recorded continuously for 4 hours with no battery problems.     I cannot say for sure there was no electrical component to the infra zap.    Because I had nothing in the field to measure that directly.    I am presuming that pack objects rattled together in my pack because I can hear that in the recording.    I was amazed at the power the zap displayed.      There was no cover to speak of for at least 10 yards as I was on a trail.      So for something to jiggle my insides like that at even a 10 yard range is indicative of a good deal of energy release.    Wave energy drops off at an inverse square of the distance from the source.     Something electrical alone could not have done that without destroying electronics and probably me in the process.     But that does not rule out an electrical or telepathic component to zapping.     I simply had nothing available to measure that with.    But there is no evidence that any known animal in nature can effect another electrically without direct or near direct contact.   Air is a very good insulator or we would get fried going under high voltage power lines.    As I said my irrational desire to leave the location of one of the most interesting events of my life is worth noting. 

I have addressed battery issues before.     When China started making batteries, the quality dropped dramatically.     I have taken new batteries right out of the package and found them dead or nearly dead.     Batteries are subject to tremendous capacity drops at low temperatures since they are electrochemical in nature.       If people are having battery issues,  have a volt meter and check voltages.    New should be at the rated voltage.   And if something stops working check the voltage.     Most digital recording stuff does not slow down when it goes under volt like analogue stuff used to. It just abruptly turns itself off when the voltage drops to a trigger point.    Then while off, the battery voltage recovers somewhat.     So it can be misleading what is going on and some are eager to accuse BF of turning stuff off.     BF may be turning off recorders in campgrounds but I think most cases of that are low battery voltage and low nighttime temperatures.    Most audio recorders are not intended for outside use and may have quite a restrictive temperature range of operation.    Without a voltmeter it is all a guess what is going on when batteries are involved.    R R

I recently asked someone that is in a position to know, "How do they zap people?". I was told that it is done by "projecting force". There was no explanation as to what the force is, but he said there is no sound involved.

So what is the force? Chi?

Force is what we experienced while above the valley in the midafternoon of a summer day and it was unmistakeable that it actually came from below in the valley, rolled up the hill to where hubby was sitting on a boulder and I was standing on a boulder.  We both felt it roll over us from our feet to our heads and behind us.  I pushed against it as it went over me.....

While the inverse square law does apply to wave propagation, very low and extremely low frequency (VLF and ELF) waves carry through ground and water for great distances which is why the Navy uses them to communicate with submerged submarines. They shouldn't have any effect on typical dry cell batteries though as stated, low temperatures do reduce battery efficiency. Keeping equipment inside outerwear in cool/cold weather mitigates that effect, though an external mic or mic array would be necessary in that case.

I worked with various electronic gear for most of my career, the last 26 years in the office equipment field. A good deal of my time was spent with portable dictation equipment, most of which since the mid eighties utilized AA and AAA cells. I conducted a fair amount of time to testing different brands of batteries, particularly AAA cells as most of my high end equipment used them. Philips/Norelco, our supplier also tested a number of brands. Of the most commonly available brands, Energizer tested significantly above all other brands in Philips/Norelco and my testing in AAA sizes, as much as 60% in analog gear, and I also found them much less prone to leakage. I actually got even better results from Maxell but they are harder to find in local stores. Amazon has them at $9.36 for 36 AAA and $12.50 for 48 AA. For all of my personal electronics, I keep a stock of Energizers in AAA, AA, C, D and 9V and I've found Home Depot typically has the best prices for that brand. Energizer alkalines are manufactured in the U.S., their NiMH rechargeables in Japan.

Depending on the gear, lithium cells provide better life and longer shelf life than alkaline at much higher price, and NiMH somewhat longer, again at higher initial cost. I do use NiMH in my Canon SX20IS camera, always with a spare charged set at the ready and an AC/DC Energizer brand fast charger in my camera backpack.

WRT to testing batteries, the best bet is a dedicated battery tester that inserts a load into the circuit. Batteries can show a good voltage with no load but drop below useful threshold under load. Some multimeters have a battery test function that inserts a load in the circuit, or you can insert a resistor in the circuit yourself. Rather than try to cover that subject in detail, go here to find detailed information: http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=resistor+load+for+battery testing&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed but I'm working on a couple of email and text strings at the same time.

BFF Patron

Sasfooty:   I would be happy to debate anyone who "knows" what BF zapping is and claims it is not infrasound.    I don't know who you are referring to but the number of real BF experts can be counted on the fingers of one hand and they certainly do not include me.    Many more think they are experts and are happy to promote that idea.     The first thing I would do is ask anyone is to show me their data.    Having experienced zapping myself, and having scientific data supporting it is infrasound,  the only thing I will accept is scientific data that shows something to the contrary.    If they had such data we would have seen it produced by now.       Too much of this sort of thing is associated with BF research.      Theories are advanced with no supporting data and people tend to run with it.    It is so common in some factions to ascribe supernatural and even god like powers to BF without any data to support it.   This same crowd tends to disdain science and cling to supernatural explanations.     I have been uninvited to expedition campouts because they know I would show up with instrumentation, not accept dogma, and possibly question their unsupported beliefs. 

Don't get me wrong,  I have had experiences that I have yet to explain but I am not willing to throw out good data with the bathwater just to go along with popular beliefs to explain things.     RR

• Upvote 2

SWW:

From your experience, can you think of any action, noise, gesture, or other way to provoke an infrasound blast from something observing you?

If I set up the little experiment I'm thinking about, I just wonder if there might be some suggestions for how to provoke an infrasound outburst, (assuming something is in the vicinity and secretly observing us)?

If I get any results worth analyzing, I'll be glad to share with you.

Thanks

bill

Sasfooty:   I would be happy to debate anyone who "knows" what BF zapping is and claims it is not infrasound.    I don't know who you are referring to but the number of real BF experts can be counted on the fingers of one hand and they certainly do not include me.    Many more think they are experts and are happy to promote that idea.     The first thing I would do is ask anyone is to show me their data.    Having experienced zapping myself, and having scientific data supporting it is infrasound,  the only thing I will accept is scientific data that shows something to the contrary.    If they had such data we would have seen it produced by now.       Too much of this sort of thing is associated with BF research.      Theories are advanced with no supporting data and people tend to run with it.    It is so common in some factions to ascribe supernatural and even god like powers to BF without any data to support it.   This same crowd tends to disdain science and cling to supernatural explanations.     I have been uninvited to expedition campouts because they know I would show up with instrumentation, not accept dogma, and possibly question their unsupported beliefs. 

Don't get me wrong,  I have had experiences that I have yet to explain but I am not willing to throw out good data with the bathwater just to go along with popular beliefs to explain things.     RR

I don't think the "expert" who told me this is into debating what it is or isn't, but I seriously doubt that you could win a debate with him. He doesn't care whether you accept it or not, & neither do I. I asked & he told me & later he went into a few more details, which made it much more understandable. Maybe this wasn't the time or place to mention it, & I won't say anymore about it.

If you want to continue to research it as infrasound, that is exactly what you should do. But later on, if you find that there may be another explanation, maybe you will remember what my "expert" said.

By the way, he doesn't call himself an expert, & he never mentioned anything supernatural.

Edited by Sasfooty

BFF Patron

Sasfooty:  An anonymous someone with no supporting data for his theory probably would not engage in debate and is not likely to examine or accept data that is contrary to his beliefs.  Some people are like that.    Lay good data on the table,  show I am wrong and I will admit it.   That is science.    The other approach is dogma and belief system that is more appropriate for philosophy and religion than advance of science. 

Bill:   I have no idea, other than being in a sensitive area to BF, what provoked that zapping encounter, and the previous chest thumping encounter several months ago.      I have been in that area many times and passed through with no reactions.     It / they could have let me pass through and I had no clue they were even there.     Habitat pressures by the clear cut logging nearby in the last month may have been the trigger.    They may have had enough of humans and want to protect what is left. 

I have thought of another portable low tech detection device.     A tambourine is fairly light, could be attached to a pack, and I think would react to the passing infrasound waves with an audible jingle.     You would be pretty noisy in the field but that might not be a bad thing in bear country.   RR

SWW, it has nothing to do with dogma, religion, nor belief. I'm not interested in showing that you are wrong. I'm just putting some information out there for what it's worth. If it's not worth anything to you, feel free to totally disregard it.

People used to laugh when zapping was mentioned by the "lunatic fringe", but now it's being accepted. Someday maybe it will be understood. Then we'll see what it is.

Edited by Sasfooty

BFF Patron

Sasfooty:   It is difficult to tell what information you are putting out there.  You made reference to a person you respect but will not name,  an unnamed force he proposes that will "project a force",  and vague statement about electricity.     I have no idea what your theory is and even less idea if it is of any worth to me.       If you have a theory you support, put it out on the table but don't make vague references to something you have not said and then sit back snipe at all alternative explanations.      You could indeed be right in the long run but no one will ever know because you have not stated what your theory is.  

People still laugh at BF witnesses, assign them to the lunatic fringe,  and ridicule anything BF.   It is not just zapping.   I quite frankly have been a skeptic of zapping but willing to listen to witness accounts.    Now that I have experienced it myself,  I know it is a physical event,  not limited to some emotional response to some unknown stimulus,  and feel like I have some good data to support my infrasound theory.    It is still a theory but I hope to get more data.   That is what this is all about unless you are a skeptic with a closed mind. 

First let me say that I do think they are probably capable of infrasound. One of them howled very near my house one night & I recorded it. When he finally stopped howling, I could barely walk. It rattled my bones & turned my muscles & nerves to jelly. I was still shaky the next morning. But it wasn't the same as being zapped. Here is part of that recording:   

Second, I'm not trying to be vague, I just don't know what the force is, but he said it definitely isn't sound. Later, when he gave more details, he said it's an energy that comes from the chest area. That's why I asked about electricity. I don't necessarily think it is electricity, but was just wondering what the energy could be.

Third, I don't recall sniping at any theory. Up until this week, infrasound was my theory also. But now, I've heard differently from somebody that knows, so I'm looking at other possibilities.

I was just doing some reading on biological infrasounds, and was surprized to find guinea fowl on the list of animals capable of making such. I'd heard something about bigger birds, ostriches and cassowaries, but never something as small as a guinea fowl (which is a sort of very big chicken).

The other factor seems to be volume, the force of the wave. That presumably requires a larger body to have strength to generate a powerful low frequency wave.

But everything I read backs up the physical symptoms aperson can feel when exposed to powerful waves in the 4-10hz range.

So how do you get a recorder you acknowledge can't record frequencies that low, to produce for you,a graph of frequencies down below 10hz?

GIGO. If you're counting on an undefined buzzing in your gear to be the data, then you're not really working with real, raw data.

• Upvote 1