Infrasound Event Preliminary Report

SWWASAS

BFF Patron

Listen with all due respect~KISC~ Barackman has more cred in his little pinky and knowledge of BF than you will gain in 5 years of research behind your keyboard. 

That said, this is a real phenomenon for those who know they have been in the midst of these individual beings FWIW.  Choose not to believe but trying the "you need a good dose of" argument, and "go with the adrenaline flow"  with alot of the oldtimers with sightings and ground-truthing researchers in the field is not going to cut it.  

I have no interest in your Devil's advocate because I have experienced these phenomena both before and after a series of sighting episodes, different days, different weeks, different months and different years.  

Yes, I had fear in the up close sighting but no,  it was not adrenaline that caused the infrasonic feedback events across time.   

Alot of people here take BF at face value as real that have had sightings and experienced these phenomena.  We have done the research and there are tons of infrasound and BF language threads here with alot of our combined knowledge listed.  I will let you find them since you are skeptical (or perhaps pseudoskeptical)

Sometimes you dream about that which you "see". 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 2

Admin

I am very skeptical about this.

If it weren't for the members here that I've known for years, who claim to have experienced it, I would simply dismiss the idea completely.

BFF Patron

Gigantor:   So was I.    Just **** one off and see what happens.   I still don't know what I did wrong. 

BFF Patron

Bipedalist:  Thank you for the equipment tip.    Looks like one version of that might be able to record infrasound directly and not only that but get sound level too.     

Keninsc:    I agree that fear can do a number on people.    Just look at the PTSD effects on returning servicemen who have been in combat.      But I have a couple of points to take about your assertion that infrasound is just some mental manifestation of fear.    I cannot speak for anyone else's experience but it was not in my case.      I was hiking along in a very familiar area, comfortable and  totally unaware of any humans or anything else anywhere near me when I got hit with the zap.      The fear came after the zap.    Not the other way around.    And for sure fear does not record and make ticks on graphs.     Other than the zap I did not see or hear anything to frighten me before or after the event.    I cannot even understand why they just did not let me go down the trail if they wanted me to leave the area.    It was like they wanted to frighten me for some reason.   The manifestation of fear was my irrational need to leave the area after the event.     If I had a face to face encounter, then I have no idea what my reaction would have been.  But certainly fear would have been part of that and then we could discuss physiological effects.    Even the footsteps of a BF in the woods coming towards you should scare anyone with any sense.    I have experienced that before and thought I was going to get run over or worse.    Other than the zap itself I did not see or hear anything.    It may be the chicken and the egg thing but I think it has some significance what precedes what.    RR   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest keninsc

Listen with all due respect~KISC~ Barackman has more cred in his little pinky and knowledge of BF than you will gain in 5 years of research behind your keyboard. 

That said, this is a real phenomenon for those who know they have been in the midst of these individual beings FWIW.  Choose not to believe but trying the "you need a good dose of" argument, and "go with the adrenaline flow"  with alot of the oldtimers with sightings and ground-truthing researchers in the field is not going to cut it.  

I have no interest in your Devil's advocate because I have experienced these phenomena both before and after a series of sighting episodes, different days, different weeks, different months and different years.  

Yes, I had fear in the up close sighting but no,  it was not adrenaline that caused the infrasonic feedback events across time.   

Alot of people here take BF at face value as real that have had sightings and experienced these phenomena.  We have done the research and there are tons of infrasound and BF language threads here with alot of our combined knowledge listed.  I will let you find them since you are skeptical (or perhaps pseudoskeptical)

Sometimes you dream about that which you "see". 

I am skeptical, I make no claims to be otherwise. Now at the risk of sound like I'm trying to pick a fight, which I am not, but let's just take a moment and review Mr. Brackman's "creds". He is a principle on a TV show called "Finding Bigfoot" which is beginning it's what? Sixth season now? Or something like that. Have they found the hard and concrete proof of the existence of Bigfoot that will stand up to scientific scrutiny? The short answer is no. They talk about "There are Bigfoot in xyz place USA." But they have yet to find any hard evidence, they haven't even gotten any good pictures on their own. most of what they show and have come up with is provided to them by others.

Granted, Mr. Brackman does have name recognition due to being on the show, and you are correct that no one has heard of keninsc, but then I don't have a show that's been on the air for six or so years with no results either. Now, as i said earlier I have not come here to bash Brackman, you or anyone else. Nor have I come here to hear you lift him up as some great and wise Grand Pooba of Bigfootery, turn toward Bluff Creek and make the mating grunt.

When you look at it objectively, Cliff and Ken are pretty much in the same category, we're two guys out looking, only Cliff does his on a TV show which paints him as some sort of divine expert, but he has yet to claim the ultimate prize which is the hard proof that no one can refute. Not only that but you have no idea what my "creds" are, you assume I'm just parked behind a computer screen all the the time and that isn't the case, but I'll just leave that at that for now. For all you know I could be old Jeff Meldrum himself. I'm not but you have no way of knowing that or verifying anything, for all you know I'm Bobo just messing with Cliff.

It's thinking like that that has kept the real proof from being found........and you seem to think I'm the problem?

Bipedalist:  Thank you for the equipment tip.    Looks like one version of that might be able to record infrasound directly and not only that but get sound level too.     

Keninsc:    I agree that fear can do a number on people.    Just look at the PTSD effects on returning servicemen who have been in combat.      But I have a couple of points to take about your assertion that infrasound is just some mental manifestation of fear.    I cannot speak for anyone else's experience but it was not in my case.      I was hiking along in a very familiar area, comfortable and  totally unaware of any humans or anything else anywhere near me when I got hit with the zap.      The fear came after the zap.    Not the other way around.    And for sure fear does not record and make ticks on graphs.     Other than the zap I did not see or hear anything to frighten me before or after the event.    I cannot even understand why they just did not let me go down the trail if they wanted me to leave the area.    It was like they wanted to frighten me for some reason.   The manifestation of fear was my irrational need to leave the area after the event.     If I had a face to face encounter, then I have no idea what my reaction would have been.  But certainly fear would have been part of that and then we could discuss physiological effects.    Even the footsteps of a BF in the woods coming towards you should scare anyone with any sense.    I have experienced that before and thought I was going to get run over or worse.    Other than the zap itself I did not see or hear anything.    It may be the chicken and the egg thing but I think it has some significance what precedes what.    RR   

Ok, I am completely lost on what you're trying to say, nor do I see your attempt and the relationship between Infrasound and PTSD. I provided you with a reasonable hypothesis, backed with some research from a reputable source, and you reply in this manner? Forgive me but your point is completely lost on me.

BFF Patron

Well this is about infrasound and Cliff has presented himself, outside of Finding Bigffoot as a resource.  You make it sound like he is a lifer on a TV show for crying out loud.  Maybe you should peruse (and I do mean peruse) his website before indictment.  He's a lot more than FB.  As for your qualifications, you ARE NOT Jeff Meldrum, he's a member but rarely posts, and you do not have his ID.  As for your cred., only you can speak to that but you come here loaded for bear---and won't find any in a thread started by one who has a sense of what he has experienced.  Sure you gave an alternative explanation and seem happy with it good for you for participating in the process.  This board is not a research board, but we try to help each other out when we can (and ignore distractions when we can't). 

As for your arguments, I never came here to lift up Barackman.  He's a good man with some heavy exposure to the research of others outside his day job.  He's a good one too.  No, he doesn't know it all, but I didn't come here to put him on the pedestal you give me credit for.......  he happens to have great knowledge on track casts and has an independent interest in Orang Pendek research in Sumatra, so he is not a one-trick pony as you paint him out to be. 

As for infrasound, my purpose in being here is to support those that know they have experienced something, near Bigfoot possibly, that goes beyond the "flight or fight" scenario you wish to apply to it--- your alternative, which is fine.   It is just not what people are taking away from it that have experienced it as has been recounted in ten or so threads here (and I am speaking for my personal experiences and that of others relayed to or through me to others). 

So I have pointed to people with websites in the field who described it, some having access to manifold hot leads on current sighting events.  Take it or leave it.  Now I've got some skiing to do.  

Have a great day.  

Edited by bipedalist

I am a little confused by the controversy here.  If you are a knower, you know they are very large creatures that are capable of generating a huge amount of sound pressure (also called volume or loudness).  It should not be surprising that the frequencies of their sounds pressure is above and below the human hearing range. We have all probably seen Ella Fizgerald or some other singer breaking glass with their voice.  Multiply this by an order of so of magnatude and you probably have the capability of a BF.  I can easily see how this would create a headache or nausia.  Sonic weapons have been used to disperse crowds or attacks for years.  Why is this any different?

• Upvote 1

Guest keninsc

There's really no controversy. Fact is Bigfoots have yet to be proven to exist and yet people want to attribute all sorts of abilities to them. Telepathy, inter-dimensional shifting(?), and now infrasound. What's next? Flight?

Until you actually have a Bigfoot, alive and can verify that it really does have this ability it's just a whole lot of smoke and mirrors. First things, first. Find the solid proof that the creature is real. Than and only then will a real evaluation of it be done.

Heavens to Mergatroid.

BFF Patron

I am a little confused by the controversy here.  If you are a knower, you know they are very large creatures that are capable of generating a huge amount of sound pressure (also called volume or loudness).  It should not be surprising that the frequencies of their sounds pressure is above and below the human hearing range. We have all probably seen Ella Fizgerald or some other singer breaking glass with their voice.  Multiply this by an order of so of magnatude and you probably have the capability of a BF.  I can easily see how this would create a headache or nausia.  Sonic weapons have been used to disperse crowds or attacks for years.  Why is this any different?

Yes, such infrasound capability is clearly  evident in other living organisms in the animal kingdom.  Animals are capable of some fairly amazing things including magnetic navigation (magnetoception) and the ability for course correction and feedback to perform alot of functions.  Compared to this, infrasound is child's play on the scale of possible and known animal skill sets. 

BFF Patron

Keninsc:    What government agency do you work for?   Just curious.   

In Dr. Meldrum's "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", Chapter 10 is entitled "Sound Off: Vocalizations". It provides a wide range of information on primate vocalizations, including information on infrasound as used by many known animals. It also covers primate physiological adaptations that may, if present in Sasquatch, account for the possibility of infrasound as a component of their vocal repertoire. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

^ Good point, obviously it is time for some re-reading.  

So just so I know what you are claiming, you were in the woods, and your backpack started buzzing, you recorded the sound on a video camera, then analyzed the sound of the metal in your backpack buzzing, the buzzing of the thing in your backpack was at frequencies below human hearing levels?

Therefore Bigfoot was shooting you with infrasound.

Would that be a fair assessment of the facts?

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

No you have some details wrong.    I primarily felt a strong vibration in my guts.    The buzzing I heard / felt seem to come from my guts.    It was very energetic and I had some concern that it was going to injure me.     It was not a video camera it was a Zoom H2 sound recorder recording a .wav file.    I do not recall hearing anything from my backpack at the time when I was not moving.    Like any pack when you are walking there is water bottle noise,   and a few items rattling together.      When I play back the recording I do hear a sound that I believe could have originated in my pack.    It could have been items in the pack or direct response of the recorder to arriving pressure waves.    Just as the recoder will record pressure waves from a distant gunshot.