Infrasound Event Preliminary Report

SWWASAS

BFF Patron

Bingo, thanks for that, it was the male sooty grouse, calling back and forth.  

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Oregon Man I have messed with the speed and it does help.    I could not have measured the frequencies without changing the speed.   Daveedoe thanks for the video links.   I have seen both of those as well as others.      I am pretty convinced the what I was hearing every day since the March 22 event was a grouse.    The recordings I made and what I heard are very similar to the ruffled grouse.    But the March 22 event, the data I have is significantly different.    Cadence never as low at the start and the ramp up in frequency to the high end is different too.    Starts at about 4 hz and slowly ramps up.   Grouse start at one or two hz and ramp up rapidly.      In the location since, I have heard the drumming probably 20 times now.   Only on March 22 did it have physiological effects on my body with the strong buzzing / vibration in my gut.     That was so energetic at the time I remember being concerned about internal injuries.    I had a pain in my gut on the left side for the rest of the day.    I even made sure the next time I had a BM to look for blood.    The other aspect on March 22 was it was non directional.    Since then I could easily tell where the drumming was coming from.  That day it seemed to surround me and I could not tell where it was coming from.      In conclusion I think I have experienced two different type of events on the same location and my recorded data seems to confirm that.    But since I did not see anything on March 22, I cannot say categorically it had anything to do with a BF.    For me it takes that to connect the physiological effects with BF.      All that I can state and support with data at this point is that on March 22,  I recorded something in the infrasound range,   experienced physiological effects,  and that the data is inconsistent with grouse drumming.    The fact that both type events happened at pretty much the same location just has been a source of confusion and cost me a lot of field time.

I went past there twice yesterday and nothing happened.    The grouse must have moved out of the area.   As I was hanging around expecting some more grouse drumming,  to the South I heard a couple of what sounded like tree knocks.     But with humans doing tree knocks now, I just don't think they mean much any more.     

If some of you have problems accepting infrasound you should hear the recording I got out along that part of the Lewis River East of Sunset Campground.       Those who have heard it are still trying to figure out what it might be.      Some unseen entity managed to get a fairly loud warning in English on my recorder without me hearing it with my ears or being aware that anyone else was around.      I cannot even begin to explain that one but for sure strange things are happening out there.   It really freaked me out.     The river is so loud there that getting anything on a recorder is difficult.   I have hoped to be able to approach a BF on the river that cannot hear me approach because of the river noise.   But no luck so far.   

SWWA, I am new to this thread and thank you for your reports. I've enjoyed your other posts and correspondence, and know that you are truly trying to apply science in the field--unlike the many couch critics so often found when somebody dares to actually try shed light on this BF phenomenon.

You've always been very practical and not one to exaggeration, so I was quite surprised that you shared the above experience as I know you do not do so lightly. Excuse me if I missed it and others have asked, but what was the actual phrasing of the warning you received, if you can share? Was there any accent or noteworthy qualities to the sound of the voice? We've all heard the conversations provided by Alex MW, for example, claiming to be BF speech. Was it a similar sounding voice (let's call it a BF "accent"), or more human in nature? Was the voice sinister, or matter of fact? Did the intonation match the phrasing?

I think you are definitely exploring a new dimension of the total phenomenon, with this new hidden surprise adding yet another layer of complexity. I find it completely fascinating and applaud your courage in sharing.

I also find it interesting that you are getting exactly what you are (currently) looking for when out there: infrasound blasts. Also, that when you asked it to stop in your first instance and asked for a friendlier sign, you got it--a footprint. How cool is that? Seems to me that they are (somewhat) willing participants in your study, within reason.

As your researcher friends (and others) are telling you, be safe out there!

BFF Patron

Does anyone know Scott Carpenter or how to get ahold of him directly?.      I was watching a video where he and another guy got zapped during the video.    I was thinking the audio track of that video may have infrasound ticks if he knows what to look for.       I would be happy to share what I have learned about the March 22 event audio track with him if he wants to establish contact with me.    Should his audio track show those ticks it would be data supporting infrasound from BF.  

Returned to the location of this event earlier this week and nothing of any kind happened.     Sort of nice to be back to normal there.  

I am still debating release of the audio track mentioned by Gotta Know.    It is interesting for sure, spooky in nature,  but as far as I know it has nothing to do with BF.      If I release it publically people will assume I am saying it does.    I sure don't want to try to explain it, because I can't.     And of course there will be some who think I manufactured it somehow.      I would love to have some expert analyze the voice.    It has some resonances that do not sound human.    Anyone know anyone with credentials in that sort of thing?    R R

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

• 5 weeks later...
BFF Patron

Back to the March 22 location yesterday.     Since then have been very attune to low frequency sound.       Has anyone heard very low frequency sounds when BF are in the area?    The only thing I can describe it as is like distant thunder rumble that you can barely hear.   Very low frequency and just at my low limit of detection.    I seem to be picking up on that now and sort of ignored it before.    There could be natural sources other than BF.    Unstable ground,   trees swaying in the wind,   rocks bumping together in a distant river,  that sort of thing.     I just seem to be super sensitive now to low frequency sound.  

I had a thought yesterday when I was hiking and thinking about the low frequency sound.     Anyone recall seeing "Dune" the movie?    They used thumpers to call in the big sand worms.     Since infra and heavy footsteps are associated with BF,  I wonder what would happen if you turned on a thumper in BF country or set off a series of thumps that would sound and feel to BF like a BF walking through an area.    Anyone who has heard their footfalls knows what I am talking about.     Anyone human can do a tree knock but BF like ground tremors would really be different and could draw in BF to see what is going on.      Just like humans who have heard their footfalls,   they would be very sensitive to anything else sounding like a BF moving especially if they are territorial.     You could rig up a series of heavy weights that could be released sequentially that would make a thud thud thud sounding like a heavy BF moving through an area.    Might be an interesting camp experiment at night.     Just throwing this out as something that might be worth a try.     Randy

BFF Patron

Does anyone know Scott Carpenter or how to get ahold of him directly?.      I was watching a video where he and another guy got zapped during the video.    I was thinking the audio track of that video may have infrasound ticks if he knows what to look for.       I would be happy to share what I have learned about the March 22 event audio track with him if he wants to establish contact with me.    Should his audio track show those ticks it would be data supporting infrasound from BF.  

Returned to the location of this event earlier this week and nothing of any kind happened.     Sort of nice to be back to normal there.  

I am still debating release of the audio track mentioned by Gotta Know.    It is interesting for sure, spooky in nature,  but as far as I know it has nothing to do with BF.      If I release it publically people will assume I am saying it does.    I sure don't want to try to explain it, because I can't.     And of course there will be some who think I manufactured it somehow.      I would love to have some expert analyze the voice.    It has some resonances that do not sound human.    Anyone know anyone with credentials in that sort of thing?    R R

Scott has already analyzed his infrasound events on his website blog/website and plotted out the events in at least one case as I recall. He ia a member of NAbigfoot.com David Paulides group. I'm sure an email to that website in c/o David Paulides would get to him as it sounds like an earnest request or just go to the horses mouth bf.field.journal@gmail.com He researches the Western side of the Great Smokies in the greater Knoxville, TN area. http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/p/theory-bigfoot-cancreate-and-use.html

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Also, D B Donlon, the ex=Blogsquatcher (links no longer available on net apparently)had some insight into infrasound theories and experiences as I recall. There was also a gentleman in southwest Virginia who was developing a prototype infrasound recording device named Tom Lancaster but I've lost the link to his product. This is as close as I can get to the both of them for now, enjoy:

http://www.podfeed.net/episode/Squatchdetective+Radio+Show+with+returning+guest+DB+Donlon+-+Nov+202007/1895106

Searching this .pdf might lead to some things but I can't verify that as yet:

http://www.evancourtney.com/stancourtney/Blogsquatcher.pdf

This may be one of the infrasound recorders: http://www.infiltec.com/Infrasound@home/

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

I would hate to throw a wet rag on Scott's analysis after reading through it but I must because of several questions I have.      As depicted on his website, much of his recording spectra was in the audible range and he should have been hearing something.     The graphics traces he presented shows that quite clearly.      Unless he had pack and other objects on his person resonating, as I did, I am not sure what he was recording but most of it was in the audible range by looking at the graphics traces he showed.         His camera is unlikely to be able to record infra sound directly as was my recorder.    Most audio recording equipment just does not have much capability below 20hz.     Even if it did, what was all the audible range sound in the graphics traces he showed that were several orders of magnitude of DB higher than what he says was the infra sound component?.     There is nothing in my recording that is even audible when you listen to the recording other than a bird chirping now and then.     On his video he was talking when he got zapped.   Is that what he analyzed?   That really complicates any analysis.     In the segments of my audio recording where I was moving and making foot and pack noises, I cannot even see what I think is graphic evidence of IS because the noise I was making was masking it.   In the segments where I talked the waveforms totally masked everything else because of the efficiencies of the recorder in the audible range and the fact it is mounted on my pack right behind my head.     While audio analysis software can do much with filtering and enhancement,  you have to have some explanation how a recorder or video camera can record something outside of its operating specifications.     I am not saying he did not have an IS component but question the audible frequency component in the graphics displays he shows.    If it is his voice then he has to eliminate harmonics in his own voice as the source of the IS spectrum component he presents.   His own voice could have IS components or harmonics several orders of magnitude below the audible frequency range like displayed in his graphics traces.    I would love to talk to him about this but me might not welcome my questions.   

• Upvote 1

Admin

I am still debating release of the audio track mentioned by Gotta Know.    It is interesting for sure, spooky in nature,  but as far as I know it has nothing to do with BF.   

You could be getting hoaxed...

BFF Patron

I will not release the recording mentioned by Gotta Know.   As far as I know it has nothing to do with BF.   Even though you state that up front, people still try to make the  BF connection, and then expect you to defend a position you did not have in the first place.   

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron

I just got the equipment I ordered to record infra sound directly.       I admitted to the manufacturer what I am using it for and they were helpful in providing suggestions for deployments.     I need to build a detection array to null out effects of wind.       The device works on pressure differentials and is capable of detecting not only animals that produce them, but earthquakes,  land slides,   harmonic tremors in volcanoes,   and nuclear explosions.    The gear is used in arrays all over the world to detect distant illegal nuclear weapons tests.     According to the manufacturer infra sound propagates great distances, around obstructions, and can be detected a considerable distance from the source.      It appears that I can not only detect infra sound vocalizations but should be able to detect footsteps of BF movement.    When I get the detection array constructed I will let you know how it works.    Randy

Guest lightheart

Sounds like you will be able to gain valuable info while in the field. Should be interesting!

I love reading your reports because I'm familiar the areas you research. Looking forward to your reports. Good luck!

BFF Patron

I have been playing with the equipment.    Good day to do that because there are thunderstorms in the area.     The device is picking them up even when I cannot hear the boom.      The software that came with it is geologic in nature and shows data like for a seismograph which is its primary use.     Right now the software is a big problem and simply not up to the task.    The hardware seems to be capable but not with the provided software.    I will check with the manufacturer and see if he has any suggestions for different software.   At this point unless I can come up with software more appropriate I do not think it will do the job.     I have three different audio graphics programs and none allow me to input audio or something similar to audio from a USB port.   Maybe I can do something with the files that are produced.   Randy