Lake County Bigfooot

Bigfoot North Todd Standing/jeff Meldrum/les Stroud

gigantor

Let me clear this whole thing for those of you who don't understand why this is happening.

It's all about money, bigfoot is a business now. Period.

Edited by gigantor
  • Upvote 2

keninsc

And not just business but big business, the potential is there to tempt people into do things in order to enhance their own standing (every pun intended). Because TV, Documentaries, movie potentials, lectures, these Crypto shows where you can meet them for a fee, get an autograph for a fee, get a picture with them for a fee. And I haven't even touched  on merchandise such as tee shirts, hats, books and videos.

I made a joke once to a friend not so long ago that if someone ever actually found one then his or her life might well be in peril from all the people who stood to loose many and would have to resort to getting real jobs. 

MarkGlasgow

One of the downsides of BFs recent rise in popularity is the money and fame element which now seems to infect the scene.

Standing is in the entertainment business. He has been attempting to make a living out of BF for many years now. One wonders if he has noted his past mistakes and is now cleverly reinventing himself as a very serious researcher.

The issue with this 'serious' researcher is that he can invariably lead people to bigfoot. Given his past history, all of these 'profound' experiences must be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Standing's interaction with Nathan is very telling. He is certainly on a charm offensive just now and Nathan's post gives an insight into the work Standing is putting into his current facade.

I for one refuse to be hoodwinked.

• Upvote 1

Lake County Bigfooot

Unfortunately I believe your right gigantor, even though Meldrum has generally avoided being labeled

as such, he has had several projects that he could not get funded and perhaps the temptation to capitalize

on this opportunity was too much.  It is kind of like what ever happened to the Falcon Project.  But if the

association with Todd proves negative for Meldrum's reputation, apart from hear at BFF, I am sure he will

quickly disassociate with Standing.  On the other hand we must remember that Patterson was a bit of a

capitalist himself when he chanced upon Bluff Creek and "Patty", so just because we have someone who

is not above reproach in the scheme of something does not preclude them being able to capture legitimate

evidence.  Perhaps Todd was playing around trying to make a movie about Bigfoot and actually did stumble

his way into interaction with some real creatures, not anything new really....just seems like a clever bit of

irony that things seem to repeat themselves.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

SWWASAS

When Meldrum speaks he comes off as being very careful in what he says.    So you have the impression that everything he does is well thought out and carefully analyzed.      I thought that until I discussed the Falcon project with him.    So in a way I am not surprised by his Standing alliance.  When I talked to him, he did not understand the complexity, technical issues,  and doubtful results that the Falcon project would have if it was ever funded.    Just flying anything in the mountains at night is a quite a challenge.    My  NASA engineer son, who has worked on 3 of the rovers currently on Mars, read about the project and stated that the technical difficulties in flight control alone would be very challenging and probably cost several times more than the money they were trying to raise.    Like anyone else, since Meldrum is not an engineer,  he has no more idea about things outside his field than most of us do.   The funding problem is probably due to well heeled intended donors, checking with engineers about feasibility and being advised about the technical difficulties and large potential for failure.     If fielded, the Falcon project would most likely end up hung up in trees on a mountain ridge in very short order.     Even if successful getting images, they would have fairly low resolution (by digital photography standards) FLIR pictures that anyone could argue was a just a man in a ape suit.     But it was a flashy project and had the potential to get a lot of main stream press coverage.      Maybe that is what Meldrum really wanted out of it and the Standing alliance is just something similar.     

bipedalist

I think that this could be the reason that William Dranginis stepped back from the project somewhat.  He apparently is an engineering type who probably was letting them know the issues. (he developed an underground EyeGotcha camera system with cables that can be deployed surreptitiously without alot of electronic signatures).  I'm not sure if he is totally off that project but I know he is not front and center as he once was.  He'd have to tell you more. 

I get the any publicity is good publicity argument but lament that it is a possibility.    All you can do is wish him well and move on.  If he had real sighting experiences with Standing then that is as good as dope. 

Edited by bipedalist

1980squatch

^^^ It would need to be class A++. Anything less and you have to think you are getting played with Standing on scene. Meldrum kind of refers to it as a maybe so I'm thinking probably not...

I watched the podcast and it was jarring. Standing, Meldrum and those fake video stills all cozy together. Good God...

I've held Todd Standing up on numerous occasions when skeptics whine about no clear footage of Sasquatch. Because we do have clear footage and not just Todd's, which immediately brings up the next debate. Is it a hoax?

This is why I know that film footage concerning this topic is pure folly. It is a dead end, and will not convince science. Science is very clear about what it needs to recognize a new species.

I've noted that many of Todd's head pics look fake, he runs with a team of people and I have seen him employ ghillie suits. On top of that I don't trust anti kill proponents that try to sell me stuff........ He could certainly be attempting to pull the wool over the eyes of notable people such as Meldrum, Bindernagel and Stroud.

But without being there first hand I cannot say for sure what's going on with it.

The easiest way to tear apart a hoax, is to carry a rifle. Drawing straws to wear the monkey suit carries new weight you understand.......unfortunately the people he has invited to share his area with are anti kill.

If Todd is reading this and he is truly interested in ending this mystery? Project Grendel has Canadian members that I am sure would love to have a crack at this.

I'm a skeptic. If a clear video or film of appropriate length was produced by a wildlife photographer in the vein of a National Geographic, Wild America, Disney Wildlife Adventure, etc. production, I would accept it.

After looking at the Bigfoot North web site, I note Standing's glibness, which has served him well in the absence of any serious evidence, and I'll say that the most interesting thing on the site is Sonja, the Animal Attractor (with bio coming.) Shades of Fay Wray and Naomi Watts!

I'm a skeptic. If a clear video or film of appropriate length was produced by a wildlife photographer in the vein of a National Geographic, Wild America, Disney Wildlife Adventure, etc. production, I would accept it.

Yes. If clear, up close, daytime footage of sufficient length ever comes to light, I think it will be fairly obvious to tell whether it is a hoax or not. Even in  the film "Life of Pi", which had some of the best CGI, you can tell which animals are real and which are computer generated. There would of course still be people who would remain unconvinced, but high quality, authentic footage would go a long way in changing  a lot of minds.

Terry

High quality, lengthy footage of bf acting like bf would be very compelling.

t.

norseman

Iam a skeptic as well and feel that the PGF is a very good video of a real animal. So I guess video or photos are very subjective.

What's not debatable is that video will never be accepted as proof.

• Upvote 1

Bigtex

I agree with Nathan......doesn't look like what I saw in Texas, and I was on the ground touching the creature after our collision, and in broad daylight.

However, IMO there are races of these creatures, and like human races, they can look vastly different from one another.

Lake County Bigfooot

Well I am eagerly awaiting our second installment, no doubt our conversation here is not unnoticed, we shall see what if any changes

we can observe in the hosts.  I for one am not going to rule out the possibility of this alliance to produce some solid evidence, perhaps

even challenging Patty, but we shall have to wait an see.  I know that it will take something extraordinary to convince this audience, and

I hope to witness such a revelation first hand...

Cotter

......doesn't look like what I saw in Texas, and I was on the ground touching the creature after our collision, and in broad daylight.

Hi Bigtex!  Sorry I'm late to the party, but could you provide me a bit of direction to your encounter?

Thx!