Lake County Bigfooot

Bigfoot North Todd Standing/jeff Meldrum/les Stroud

Lake County Bigfooot

Yah it is hard to accept the blonde video, it does look really puppetish, but the other one seems fairly legit, if not an extremely clever hoax. Why would

Meldrum risk his own untarnished reputation in the Bigfoot Community, given his generally guarded statements and views given

the scientific approach he has undertaken.  Just seems to me that Todd could not have bamboozled both Meldrum and Stroud.  The other footage

of a large darkish bipedal creature tackling a steep slope is fairly convincing as well, that one would be very hard to hoax in a suit on such steep

terrain, and look at the distance between some of it's strides.  Well suffice it to say Todd may have sullied his reputation with some strange

statements and methods, but in the end if he can prove to Meldrum and others he is legit, then perhaps he deserves a second chance.

The latest headshot pics look much better, and I believe it would be more difficult than some believe to "hoax" the 'eyeblink' video.  I was willing to get on board with Standing until I heard that his sister works in special effects/makeup.  If that is true, there are so many red flags you'd have to assume hoax first on anything Standing presents.

If he would just provide the context to these still shots/ short videos they would be a lot more credible.  Zoom out next time for a minute, thanks.

But I'm always willing to listen and consider things presented by people actually getting out into the woods and trying.  Hoaxter or not, he seems to be "walking the walk" these days.

BobbyO
SSR Team

Those Standing pictures are horrific, no doubt about that.

I've always felt that the Guy was just another who was desperate to get what he was experiencing out there, by whatever means possible.

I sometimes think the same about so many people within this field, they get so desperate for someone to believe them whatever but are just so completely incapable of actually getting any legitimate evidence, that they resort to nonsense.

I may be wrong of course, but I have a hunch that happens a lot.

MarkGlasgow

Meldrum's darkest hour.

Think we're done with Standing LCB. Like Dyer before him he looks like he's going to take down some big names with him.

• Upvote 2

MarkGlasgow

How many Standing threads do we need?

• Upvote 1

bipedalist

Well I am certainly hoping these threads don't keep cloning themselves into a half dozen threads about the same website and show and their alliances but I have a sick feeling about this. 

These guys are all grown up and need a place to play I suppose.  

Over and out.  

gigantor

Very disappointing...

Lake County Bigfooot

An interesting insight on my part, the relative age of all three, seems maybe a retirement fund is on the table.....

bipedalist

So we now have the unlikely tandem of these three quite different personalities joining forces in what seems to be

an enthusiastic old school field adventure.  The efforts and thoughts will be aired weekly on BigfootNorth radio on

voice of America, as well as on the website, BigfootNorth.com.  I think they are working with several other key individuals

in order to enhance their chances at quality contact and video.  Standings videos, while controversial in some circles do

merit our attention, if for no other reason than the pure quality they represent.  Facials of two seemingly smaller individuals

behind some branches, which do show some expression,  I am not 100 percent sold on either of the two facial shots, though

I would be leaning toward the notion that they are legit.  I am looking to you guys to unravel how this all came together and

to see whether we should be giving Todd a fairer shake given the things he has been doing and producing in the field, which

seemed to quite squarely vindicate him......A full length documentary is pending release spelling out the research and plan to

move forward.  I am excited that Dr. Meldrum left his comfort zone and took a chance on Todd, which allowed him to further

validate his own research by having further first hand creature exposure.  From the look of episode two of Survivorman Bigfoot. Les

is rapidly being drawn into the reality of Sasquatch and may never escape the pull it has placed upon him.  It will be extremely

interesting to see unfold....

Why minimize and trivialize the hoaxer element that has been proven in regard to Standing and subterfuge emails by (folks like ghost theory, Steve Kulls, BLC), stand-ins relatives giving him high fives in emails leading back to themselves, etc. etc. 

The "some circles" of which you mention are the same legitimate kinds of doubters that act on evidence (and are a majority of reasonable people) just like they did in refusing to let Dyer bend them into a pretzel.

I see a dangerous precedent being set in the "taking a chance" on the "hoaxers turned good" scenario being the new Zeitgeist in bigfooting.as there are a ton of newbies entering the field all the time with very short memories.  

I offer this up as a reality check:  click on the Standing bigfoot picture to get the news

http://squatchdetective.com/

http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com/2010/01/sylvanic-bigfoot-case-closed.html

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/01/12/sylvanic-bigfoot-mystery-solved

This guy reinvents himself more often than Dyer and Biscardi.  

Maybe they can sick the high-flying Falcon dirigible on the claymation biped!   *sarcasm*

Edited by AaronD
correct urls at poster's request

Very disappointing  to hear that Meldrum is associating himself with Todd Standing. He can't complain now that his fellow scientists don't take him seriously. There seems to be a dwindling number of people in the bigfooting world that still have credibility.

Stroud I could see aligning himself because he is new to the Bigfoot world and didn't do his homework....But Meldrum?? Barncat is right on the money with that...He can't afford the slightest contact with a known hoaxer!! What  is he thinking??

The major problem I have with the eye blink video is what happened afterwards? You're zoomed in and have the worlds clearest shot of a Bigfoot and then... you quit filming? I think video can be valuable if it's quality video, but it just doesn't exist. Why would he stop filming, or otherwise cut off the video? If he would have filmed the creature running/walking away, it would have added a lot of credibility to the video.

norseman

Dunno but those are just clips from the DVD.

Of course you have to buy that.

JiggyPotamus

I make no secret of the fact that I find Standing's videos highly suspicious. For instance, the two videos that show only the faces of the "animals" look to me to be depicting something manufactured. The one with the eye blinking looks extremely fake. Even the hair doesn't look real to me. And the blinking of the eye looks like something that the fake head was manufactured to do, as it is unnatural. I mean there is absolutely no other movement that I can see, nor is there movement in the other facial shot, which is to be expected if a hoax.

It just looks HIGHLY unnatural. Now if the female-looking sasquatch face were moving around, the lips doing something, etc, and it still looked natural, then I would probably say it was real. This is because it would be extremely difficult to create a head with that much detail, yet still have it move around naturally. Doing such a thing with a suit or a fake head is just difficult to pull off, while making it look natural of course. One would do better with CGI.

It is just next to impossible to recreate a living animal that would fool somebody, at least where human-like animals are concerned. Humans learn faces from an early age. It is just how our brain works. We can pick up on all types of subconscious things when it comes to facial expressions. The only way these could fool people is that one doesn't know exactly what a bigfoot should look like. Therefore that small amount of doubt works in his favor. The reason it is so hard to mimic an animal, especially facial movement, is because there are so many muscles in the face, making it capable of subtle yet telling movements. The lack of any such thing in these videos is suspicious because even if the animal were not moving, I would expect SOME type of facial movement. A slight scrunching of the brow, a twitch of some muscle, etc...If one attempted to mimic this with motors or some other method, it would not look right.

Does anyone else agree that an utter and absolute lack of motion is unnatural? At the very least one would expect the eyes to move a bit, the head turn just slightly, or even movements that are not made via decisions, but are instead due to the fact that muscle tension can easily create slight movements. Something. Anything. If I remember correctly the blinking eye in the one video was extremely slow as well, but I would have to double check. Blinking is one of the fastest things a human can do, if not the fastest. Slower blinking could be indicative of a hoax, since it could be difficult to create such a quick movement. I'm not sure of that though.

So it seems to me that Meldrum and Stroud have gotten themselves into something they shouldn't have. If Standing is out there looking for bigfoot all the time, then I don't doubt that he's had a sighting or even multiple sightings, but if this is the case, he apparently didn't catch anything on camera. But maybe some of the videos showing a walking creature are legitimate. So we might be seeing both hoaxes and legitimate videos. It is much easier to get a moving sasquatch on camera, from a distance, than it is to get an up close shot of the face. This is due to the nature of the animals themselves.

Things are so difficult for a hoaxer who wishes to create a close-up of a sasquatch as opposed to distant bipedal motion. And I would expect a hoaxer to focus solely on making the face look real, if that is what they intended to show. And I would expect that it is not an easy task to get a realistic looking face, and once that is accomplished, a ton of work has probably gone into the process. Then attempting to make it move realistically is just a challenge that would not even be attempted. The hoaxer would take out their new creation and start hoaxing, and that is what I believe happened. Of course it is just my opinion, but I know that what I saw, although I didn't get a really good look at the face, didn't look quite like that. But that is not a problem, as I suspect sasquatch differ as much as humans in facial features, although I expect the majority of them to have a fairly consistent nose, in that it is big and broad. And like I said, I didn't get a great look at the face because of my viewing angle. So I won't press that issue for these reasons.

To my knowledge there has not been any definitive evidence that proves Standing's videos are hoaxes, although this is not uncommon in such a situation, but I believe that others would share in my opinion in that the face that doesn't move also doesn't look natural. I'm wracking my brain in an attempt to think of any artificial animal that has been created that looks and moves naturally, mimicking its real-life counterpart, and I draw a blank. I would be interested to know what Mr. Munns thinks of these videos, as he probably has more experience in this particular area than everyone else on the forums combined. I don't know exactly how much experience he has with creating costumes or props that mimic natural movements, but I would bet he knows something of the issue and the problems one would face in attempting to create such a thing. Perhaps he has weighed in in the past and I just missed it.

NathanFooter

I am listening to the radio show and I must admit that I am perplexed about Todd.  I should also admit that I do not know all of the history on him but strangely I get an impression { from how he speaks and comes across } that he is genuine.  :o { I am sure many here will think that sounds crazy, but listen to how he speaks and about the plans he is putting in motion on the show }  He even explained some of his background information and the arguments against him.

His videos are strange and have a fake-ish attributes about them, that being said I should also ask what should a bigfoot at very close range look and behave like on camera ?  We do not have videos of sasquatch under such conditions to compare it to.   However, I will openly state that subject from my sighting when compared to the subjects in his videos did not look the same, over features of the dark haired subject in his latest public video where consistent but not a real good match { over all like a harry Neanderthal with dark skin }.

Interesting Note -  I have chatted with Todd a while back and recently, on March 20th of this year I mentioned the MIT blood flow software { motion amplification and circulatory enhancement }  to see what his reaction would be to trying it on his videos , to my surprise he messaged back within a few minutes clearly interested and asked where he could get it so I sent him the binary code link for the software and he responded back that he was thankful and that he was on it big time.

The strangest thing is that the videos of the subjects seem non biological or mechanical but his effort and push to bring in PHD's and other kinds of experts { people that could expose him } to find a carcass or collect some form of proof of existence is really aggressive and undeniable.  The end game is only one option in a long term faking project and that is failure and yet he pushes this forward ?

I am not one who is into getting into debates or defending people or what they have to offer, I am just expressing that I am really in a strange place on this matter.  I can't even tell what my gut feeling is here, I am unsure .   :banghead:

• Upvote 1