N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

So some Bigfeets keep other Bigfeets away while they are making a regular visit to an old widow's house? Because some Bigfeets want to do her harm?

Do I have that right?

No.

What do you mean by feeling that they're there . How so ?

Signs and observances...vocalisations and observation of the bird and insect behaviors. When those are in effect, I simply unstring the bow, go back to the truck and head to other parts of the property.

Ok , can you elaborate on your statement here?

//////////////

Yuchi said;

That is a primary reason why I feel there is a situation of mutual respect and coexistence coupled with the knowledge a certain widow is being regularly visited and possibly being shielded (to a certain extent) from those with ill intent. However, your mileage may vary

Shortly after the husband passed (2013) she began having problems with homo sapien trespassers.

After the big guys started visiting, the trespassing stopped.

• Upvote 2

That is truly alarming. If their recreation was accurate, I would be very concerned for anyone in that area. 

If NAWAC ends up shooting a person at Area X or anywhere else, that footage is damning evidence of irresponsible shooting discipline being employed.  Beaucoup criminal and civil liability.

Doc,

How do you propose we "promote" gun safety to an organization we do not belong to?

How do we even know?

If I go hunting for Squatch this weekend, your telling me that it is your responsibility to make sure I practice safe gun handling skills?

It's absurd.......

seems like yuchi covered this above in post 1518...... we know by their own accounts that expose them. we can promote , or at least suggest safety by calling them out on it. NRA promotes safety, as a member I can at least encourage it too.

the responsibility ultimately falls on the one that squeezes the trigger. as you well know, bullets don't have a pause or rewind . neither does  death .

and I agree,  sasquatch hunting may very well be absurd.

• Upvote 1

If Area "X" is indeed the Branson place

Yuchi, do you or do you not know exactly where Area X is?

seems like yuchi covered this above in post 1518...... we know by their own accounts that expose them. we can promote , or at least suggest safety by calling them out on it. NRA promotes safety, as a member I can at least encourage it too.

the responsibility ultimately falls on the one that squeezes the trigger. as you well know, bullets don't have a pause or rewind . neither does  death .

and I agree,  sasquatch hunting may very well be absurd.

But communing with the forest pixies forever isn't?

And Iam a NRA certified range officer, and I agree with the things you say about responsibility. But area x isn't on my watch. Iam not even there to judge. If Yuchi as a neighbor is fearful? He should voice his concerns to the land owner or call the sheriff......complaining on here is silly.

BFF Patron

At this point those that NEED to know where X is KNOW!   Why do we have to keep beating this topic of disclosure and revelation of research areas.  I oppose this line of questioning on the grounds that if Branson wanted us to know he'd send us the plat to post up personally. 

• Upvote 4

agreed norse, the forest pixie angle is absurd, but if a safety talk potentially saves a neighbor its a win.

....... and bipedalist is right on , don't blow the landowners cover, that should never be done... or potentially risked, as it seems the op and others may have done already.

At this point those that NEED to know where X is KNOW!   Why do we have to keep beating this topic of disclosure and revelation of research areas.  I oppose this line of questioning on the grounds that if Branson wanted us to know he'd send us the plat to post up personally.

More importantly it's downright dangerous.....

Shortly after the husband passed (2013) she began having problems with homo sapien trespassers.

After the big guys started visiting, the trespassing stopped.

And you believe this was not happenstance but an act of charity?

Yuchi, do you or do you not know exactly where Area X is?

I'm not asking that to find out where Area X is. Yuchi does not need to disclose where Area X is to answer my question, just a yes or no answer is required. Sorry I wasn't clearer with my question.

I'm not asking that to find out where Area X is. Yuchi does not need to disclose where Area X is to answer my question, just a yes or no answer is required. Sorry I wasn't clearer with my question.

NAWAC, per the verbiage in their Echo Incident report indicated the Branson plot as being Area "X" and with the lease being a few hundred yards away, there is a reasonable basis for concern with their firearm safety track record, as published by themselves.

I sent a copy of the plat map to the MODS for review so, if they post it up it will be at their discretion.

I think Norse said it best that those who need to know where area X is, Know where area X is. I would think disclosing it's location

would bring in more onlookers, hunters, and who knows what else! and would therefore increase the possibility of someone other

than the intended target being shot. The Branson family would not want that to happen, and neither would any NAWAC personnel.

Citing rules and regs is fine and find out exactly what they are for the area you will be hunting, but when it comes down to it, the

person with the firearm is ultimately responsible for his or her own actions. Ideally anyone that hunts should know at the very least

the basic operation and capability of their firearm, they should do a visual survey of the AO to see if there is evidence of hikers,

campers, and/or other hunters, and last but not least, make sure to identify your target when you have it in your sights! Common

sense folks! You might be surprised to see just how much trouble you can avoid when you use it!

• Upvote 3