N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

J, with boots on the ground, as you say. Do you have irrefutable "proof" that NAWAC is "trespassing" onto the lease?

As far as hazardous gunfire, this is something THAT IS NOT just limited to someone trying to harvest a woodape. ANYONE that lives on adjoining Public hunting land will experience this type of unfortunate problem. I experience it every year, even out of season with night poachers. It is unfortunate, but it is what we have to deal with when we live this type of life style.

"IMO, as long as they present no hazard to others, I could care less what they are doing."  -> That's good to hear. But until there is proof that what you are proclaiming, it's only your words.

Confronting bipto on a this forum does nothing to solve an issue of safety does it ? So I don't buy your reasoning, Your word's spell it out. You encountered the creature and now will do anything to stop one from being killed. At least that's the impression your giving. I'm not saying there's anythig wrong with your view. Just be honest about it.

• Upvote 1

A hunter who controls a hunting lease who doesn't have a clue two duck hunters can sit in the same blind together. Because he misread the Oklahoma game regs wrong?

Has no credibility in my book......

• Upvote 1

Painthorse and WSA what I would like to see come from all this is for the majority to see the pattern in the whole picture of what happened to this thread. Hopefully if the right people see the pattern of what happened to NAWAC"s thread then possibly it can be avoided in another's thread. Like Sheri stated above be honest about. + to you Sheri.

To try and sway people to think that NAWAC are a bunch of gun happy, illegal bullet wielding ignorant woodape hunters that have no knowledge on how to conduct themselves?

"What's the bottom line" as to what is trying to be accomplished by all this?  Seriously what's the point?

If I understand what was said in the video linked earlier. Some guy was sitting down and heard a "woodape" coming thru the trees toward him. He tried to stand but his feet caught up in some kind of mess that he had piled at his feet. While he was struggling to maintain balance and finish his twist he sprayed the general area with bullets.

IMHO this would be the definition of "...ignorant woodape hunters that have no knowledge on how to conduct themselves" 

Bottom line? I don't know but that incident doesn't inspire much confidence.

Note to self: Do NOT allow your horse to lie down and sleep anywhere near this thread.

• Upvote 1

So in the five or so years of investigation in this area, how many shooting incidents have there been. . . 2??  And in one of those incidents, Colyer drew blood so apparently he wasn't just shooting up the countryside.  Two events in tens of thousands of man hours in the area, and you're gonna label them as crazed, city folk wannabe's?  Nice.

Yeah Incorrigible that would be a good idea since horses normally lie down to have REM sleep otherwise they sleep standing. If you let them lie down and sleep they may experience a feeling of understanding and mind expanding consciousness. could happen just sayin. happened to another here.

Edited by David NC