This Is A Neanderthal.

Guest Stan Norton

Rockape I took your advice thanks, the moment the offensive comments were blurted out.

This thread has been hijacked by silly, ridiculous and offensive ideas and so this particular politically correct European liberal surrender monkey will be bowing out to leave the inmates in charge.

If you reported it as soon as it was posted, then you should have left it at that and let the moderators handle it. I wouldn't have even noticed it if not for you posting about it since I didn't read Wag's posts.

Edited by Rockape

Well,

The Neanderthal was a BEAST of a person, but no idiot could survive in that environment. Wouldn't they have to have a tremendous appetite to be able to support that heavy body anyway? I would figure environmental factors alone could wipe them out(Or atleast thin them out to near extinction, a famine or two that a big bunch of us Homo Sapiens would just stride through would kill them), especially if they ever had to share land with good ol' homo sapien, the master of natural resource annihilation. The calorie requirements between Homo Sapien and Neanderthal would be about like comparing the fuel efficiency of a smart car and a F-250 wouldn't it?

A topic better suited for the ''open forums''.

Start one if you want, I'll be happy to deal with the ignorance. But after my amazing last post, I have to wonder if some people can even read.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sub-Saharan  Africans did not invent a written language either.

Uhhga boooga, hahahaha- Wag FUNNY!

neanderthal-podcast-thumbnail-116819-1.j

Thank you Neanderthal  man with no art and no written language.

Edited by salubrious
Edited to remove offensive/political content

If you reported it as soon as it was posted, then you should have left it at that and let the moderators handle it. I wouldn't have even noticed it if not for you posting about it since I didn't read Wag's posts.

:o

But but, but.....- I try not to use the big words.

They can't confirm the 'painted shells' were not trade goods with the Croms. But if Neanderthal were to have art, a 'painted shell' would be about what I would expect.

As for the idea that they made the wall art, well, the Ausi-aborigionals have the hand art, it is possible that the Neanderthals did some of the hand art.

They most certainly did NOT do the horses, bison, human stick figures, that requires abstract thought processes.

One article on the silly-boat that the Thuggish Neanderthals may have done some hand painting, and A RED DISC, THE BIG HOT THING IN THE SKY? is actually impressive. It shows the limits of Neanderthals at the level of 2 year olds in comparison to the drawings of horses and other animals and humans done by CROW MAGNON.

(Thanks for confirming my amazing posts.)

No High Art, No Written Language. No advanced agriculture, no nothing. They would have died out in a thousand years or less without Crow-Magnon man.

If you ask me Art and written language are pretty asinine things in the face of actual in-the-moment real world survival, and a TOTAL waste of time and energy for something even a bit bigger than a human, that crap isn't going to help you catch the mornings kill and scrape out a living in harsh ultra demanding environments man, and tbh in the future I think we will realize it has heck all to do with being human or intelligent for that matter. Maybe these "thugs" just didn't give a crap about silly useless things like art and writing?

Folks, this topic is locked for a cool-down. Some of us are forgetting this is not the Tar Pit, please act accordingly.

Moderator Statement

This topic has some issues!

Please remember the rules. 

7. Do not discuss religion or politics. No exceptions.

If you see a post that you feel is in violation of the rules and guidelines, report it!  Do not respond to it. Responding creates a ton of work for the staff - today me!

I have done some editing/deleting of posts.  But so many led right back to the post that started it all, that it became quite a mess.

Therefore, I'm telling everyone here.  Keep it on topic and report offending posts.  If you respond to posts that are found to be in violation, you may be in violation and subject to warnings as well!!

This topic is now open.

• Upvote 1

Guest JiggyPotamus

Gigantor is right from what I understand, that there are only so many things that can be determined from skeletal remains, which means that a neanderthal may not look like the picture. Of course the stature and size will be accurate, but things like the facial details are just educated guesses. The way the hair is as well. Would scientists know if such an animal was covered head to toe in hair? I don't really know if there would be evidence of such, but if I had to guess I would say there would be no way to tell if bones were all that remained.

But perhaps they have recovered skeletal remains that were preserved in a material that left the hair intact, in which case they could determine that the body was much like ours, with thinner and sparser hair on the limbs and other places, and not over the entire body as bigfoot possesses. I suppose I should mention that I do not believe neanderthals and sasquatch are one in the same. I think the only possibility for a relation would be interbreeding between relative species at some point, but even that may not be correct. I just cannot buy the idea of sasquatch being surviving neanderthals. The stature alone seems to discount this the way I see things.

But I also do not believe sasquatch to be Gigantopithecus either. It does seem that the neanderthal facial features are quite similar to sasquatch. Much more so than say a gorilla or chimpanzee. The sasquatch have more human facial characteristics, but with an ape-like leaning...If that makes sense. Facial reconstruction from a skull is pretty advanced, but I don't know what the degree of accuracy is. I imagine it would have something to do with the skill of the particular artist performing the reconstruction. So this may just be an approximation.

Perhaps the similarities between the neanderthal face and the sasquatch face could be some evidence for a relation, but I don't think it would necessarily mean this. I don't know enough about that particular thing. The nose in the picture is a bit different from a sasquatch nose in my opinion, but with a couple of minor tweaks it would be more exact. The larger features seem to common in sasquatch as well. Does anyone else think that the mouth region in the picture looks similar to Patty's? That was my first impression anyway. But I still do not think the two animals are one in the same. One thing I am looking forward to once discovery occurs is learning the history of interbreeding between species involving sasquatch. But it may take a while to learn the truth in that regard, even after discovery, considering there are still gaps left to be filled in regarding the human precursors. So conclusions may have to be revised.

This thread is like talking to some one that studied history by watching the flint stones every Saturday morning.

• Upvote 1

This thread is like talking to some one that studied history by watching the flint stones every Saturday morning.

Betty was hotter than Wilma.

• Upvote 1

This speculation over the nature of Neanderthal is really enlightening, we cannot in any sense agree to the intelligence, humanity, or brutish nature of this somewhat identifiable being.  Then we talk as if we know anything about Sasquatch, either way we play a fools game to think we can argue any view with any strong sense of coviction.  The truth is that we simply do not know.  We do not know the extent or capacity of Neanderthals to prove to us their humanity or their lack thereof.  Either way, the fossil record indicates a complex series of creatures, and not so creature"ish" beings who roamed the planet.  We can learn more from the present situation than trying to interpret the past thru our clouded perception.  We have to take into account that only Sasquatch and whatever derivatives of this type of creature survive alongs side of humans today, possibly because we share a different niche, our most common ancestors do not exist for precisely this reason!  Ask the original Native Americans and they will tell you that Sasquatch were fighting for their niche, oddly we abandoned that domain as Westerner's and Sasquatch remains do to that, had Native Americans thrived on this continent I believe they would have had to eliminate them simply do to competition over the same resources....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Crowlogic

In some instances Neanderthal has a larger brain case than us.  I go with Neanderthal knocking at the door of higher intelligence and far less ape like than often posed.