This Is A Neanderthal.

Guest Stan Norton

Guest Stan Norton

In this weird McCarthy-esque universe of paranoia and quasi-science is there perchance a link between cat-eyed rapist ugh men and the tragic tale of a crashed aircraft with hundreds of poor souls on board? Just wondering how this thread got hijacked by silliness...

In this weird McCarthy-esque universe of paranoia and quasi-science is there perchance a link between cat-eyed rapist ugh men and the tragic tale of a crashed aircraft with hundreds of poor souls on board? Just wondering how this thread got hijacked by silliness...

It's a vast right-wing neanderthal conspiracy.

BFF Patron

Sounds like you have a full menu worked out.   

If that does happen.......I can't help but think that if,....for whatever reason,...our society - as we know it -  collapses,...and lawlessness prevails for however long it may....and untold numbers of "hairless ones" flee to the "relative" safety of un-populated areas of the country;....the "hairy ones" will step up their adaptations....maybe change to more aggressive interaction,....when their food sources potentially receive additional pressure from so many starving hairless ones. I can just hear it now....(in Samurai Chatter)... "There goes the neighborhood".....or.... "Dang Neanderthals..."

Raw venison does taste better than rice cakes or tofu (IMO)............especially with the soy sauce ...(better stock up)

Maybe a BF family will take in some hairless ones to help the BF's to achieve their goals..............vast forest with clean rivers and plenty of food.

Edited by georgerm

Actually, in the early 80's we still had quite a few lower performing soldiers.  It wasn't that long after Viet Nam.

And that begs the question..  did their counseling statements reflect the fact they may have been Neandertal?

Maybe a BF family will take in some hairless ones to help the BF's to achieve their goals..............vast forest with clean rivers and plenty of food.

Where's their recruiter?   I'd sign up.   "Go interesting places, meet interesting people, and eat raw opposum with them."

MIB

Well, when I say "sort of like" I don't mean that the robust australopithecines are a necessary candidate. Gigantopithecus is about as good. But given that recent estimates indicate the possibility that 95% or more of extinct primates have left no remains, it could be something for which the line hasn't appeared in the fossil record to date.

And of course, "not found" always means "not found yet."

+1, and well said my friend!

Yes, up to a point. My wife is open to the idea (she places more credence in the Mandi Burun of south Asia) but doesn't really expend any time thinking much about it. Would I discuss it with colleagues? Yes, but it's always in a jokey way: they know my interest and we may chat about on occasion. I managed to get two of them into the Bigfoot Show!

I guess the issue is the perennial problem of sasquatch being an inherently wacky topic of conversation for 99.9% of people. Chances to discuss it in a detailed manner just don't crop up and I would inevitably just end up being the bloke who thinks monkey monsters live in California....

Yep absolutely. There is, as with sasquatch, a cultural taint to how we perceive Neanderthals and in fact all our probable ancestors. We cannot get away from the very powerful cultural idea of monkey men and cave men. This thread is the perfect example: the tripe being written by some is an exemplar of that unthinking attitude. Science is thankfully getting us ever closer to the truth.

Stan: My father, a man with a Ph.D in science who taught at a university always said that there were Sasquatch bones in our museums either mis-marked, or marked as unknown and/or unrecognized species which would never ever be displayed, nor shown. Having had the opportunity to see some of the "storage" items in major museum's basements I believe my father to be correct. I sincerely think that Sasquatch is stored as unknown in more than one museum's basement, and for all I know the museums may be covering up this species for some reason..

Yes, up to a point. My wife is open to the idea (she places more credence in the Mandi Burun of south Asia) but doesn't really expend any time thinking much about it. Would I discuss it with colleagues? Yes, but it's always in a jokey way: they know my interest and we may chat about on occasion. I managed to get two of them into the Bigfoot Show!

I guess the issue is the perennial problem of sasquatch being an inherently wacky topic of conversation for 99.9% of people. Chances to discuss it in a detailed manner just don't crop up and I would inevitably just end up being the bloke who thinks monkey monsters live in California....

Yep absolutely. There is, as with sasquatch, a cultural taint to how we perceive Neanderthals and in fact all our probable ancestors. We cannot get away from the very powerful cultural idea of monkey men and cave men. This thread is the perfect example: the tripe being written by some is an exemplar of that unthinking attitude. Science is thankfully getting us ever closer to the truth.

I sincerely hope that you are correct that we are closer. Personally, after having seen "my" Dogman type of Sasquatch, I hope for the innocent public's well being and safety that the news of this being a real species could and will keep people more alert, and aware of the hidden dangers to be found in our forests.

Again, Norse, you're right. The forest people thing is beyond me. Neanderthals were not forest people...heck none of our ancestors were kindly forest folk. Everything credible I've ever read about sasquatch points to an animal not Homo. If somebody wants to provide some evidence of gifting and the like, well....until then? I'm in the animal camp.

Stan, Amen to the "animal camp". I too believe that the Sasquatch *are* animals, smart animals, but still animals.

Stan: I agree with you , and I sincerely believe that it will take a "type specimen" to verify the reality of this species. Otherwise most people think the Sasquatch species is a joke, a prank, or plain stupidly for us believers in Sasquatch. Sadly this unbelieving group includes my hubby:(

^^^Everything I know about scientists, science and museums says your dad is correct.  What was his specialty and where did he teach?

I should add that a "cover-up" needs have no other explanation than this:  we just aren't mentally prepared to accept that possibility.  So we won't.

Edited by DWA

"Stan, Amen to the "animal camp". I too believe that the Sasquatch *are* animals, smart animals, but still animals. "

Are we not all animals in a way, did we not live like animals at on time. At one time in our human existence we ate raw meat and scavenge what we could. Now we are more civilized , we have learned to live what we perceive to be civil. These creatures are like us, that have a way to live . Even if they have not advanced like us it does not mean they do not live like us. They have the same needs as we would need if we were living the same as them. So I would call them more of some branch of our ancesters which when proven will show.

Of course those in the big cities best be prepared for the gangs of roving looters that follow any disaster.    Maybe I will go out in the woods and hope BF really does like me.    Not sure I could get use to raw venison though.   Randy

No need to eat it raw SW. Plenty of combustibles in most forests and grasslands. In my neck of the woods, deer are harder to keep off of the hood of your can than on. Turkeys too (and they're supposed to be smart?). I've often thought about just bringing one home with me. Take care of that part of the food bill nicely.

My personal opinion (please correct me if I'm off) against BF-Neanderthal theory is that it of it's reported behaviour. It would seem that the species would have to had taken a major technological nosedive.

In the blink of an eye from when they were happily wandering around Eurasia to present day, they have lost their ability make and use tools that took them tens, if not hundreds of thousands of years to learn. (Unless they keep them starched somewhere)

Also in this time, they have nearly doubled in height. (Not to mention all of the other, sometimes unusual, traits BF are associated with)

As for IQ, please inform me if I'm wrong in my thought process (everyday is a schoolday) but it would that Neanderthals with better at thinking 'inside the box' with evidence of much more advanced stone tool making practices. Whereas sapiens didn't have the need to develop such techniques due to thinking 'outside the box' (atlatl etc)

CC