This Is A Neanderthal.

Guest Stan Norton

We dont KNOW the yeti is a snow bear. we just know there is or was an ancient bear very recently in and around the himalayas.

Right.

We know that somebody brought in anomalous samples, thinking for reasons relating to the find that they could be yeti.  They weren't (even though they relate something that, if true, is to me at least as exciting from a zoological point of view).

To jump to the conclusion that 'this shows people are mistaking bears for yeti' is just as much a stretch as to assume people are doing the same thing for sasquatch.  Reports are, in both cases, pretty consistent on what is being observed and it doesn't sound like a bear.  I am the most excited person on planet Earth if it is indeed found that this bear is *so* anomalous that people are mistaking it for a primate.  That would be one cool bear, amiright?  I'm just doubting it.

Then of course you have the Cronin and Shipton tracks, which don't look like either bear or melted-out anything else; and for which Meldrum has made an intriguing case that they belong to the same species.

We dont KNOW the yeti is a snow bear. we just know there is or was an ancient bear very recently in and around the himalayas.

For which we have much more evidence than for a snow man or ape. The locals identified the hair as from a yeti. Certainly people can identify what they see? So many here do claim that one's own eyes can't lie to them.

There was supposed to be a smiley face in the parentheses with that statement, as in "joke or "being silly" : ) okay?