Bigfoot Police / Wildlife Reports.

norseman

Ok, in the NAWAC thread Dmaker has challenged me to offer up some police/wildlife type reports that are not of BFRO origins. I will admit that it's not easy, because there is a stigma attached to the subject.

I'll start off:

911 Kitsap co. call 1990

Monsterquest Colorado

Colorado Fish and Game participates in a track experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CauIZu0fwRQ

Police dash cam:

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

Guest WesT

I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm not sure if the reports they request to see are a matter of public record. You might have to have a good reason to be granted access or know someone on the inside. I smell a trap.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~frizzell/Reports/AMRrev.html

Officer Nick DiPietro.

Anyone care to do some digging?

http://www.cryptozoonews.com/gordon-obit/

Unfortunately, this officer passed in February.

" It is with great sadness that I report the passing of Whitehall’s Dan Gordon.

Dan Gordon was a Whitehall, N.Y. police officer who, along with another officer, reported having a sighting of a Bigfoot-like creature while on duty back in February 1982."

Of course, there's this gem:

army+4.jpg

Edited by Cotter

Guest keninsc

One of my friends who encountered a Bigfoot in Virginia is a police officer and you're right the stigma attached to it is unbelievable. He only told me what he did in confidence which is why I never use his name of where he works as an officer.

Wow, another Whitehall officer that saw a BF!

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/04/listen-to-brian-gosselins-convincing.html

Let's start calling em liars!

Moving on to firefighters.

This first one is a bit wishy washy to say the least, but it has video and is from an actual fire ground exercise/response.

http://www.bigfootbuzz.net/firefighter-films-sasquatch-crossing-road-during-burn/

I was hoping for actual police reports where the police officer or emergency worker is making the claim.  This was your claim in the other thread, Norse:

"Academia seems to be ignoring it, which means when a single ranger or biologist has a sighting, that account is treated as heresy within the department. We know this to be true. Same goes for the average joe and a police or wildlife report, it's never taken seriously......."

Can anyone produce these official reports? Not youtube links to testimony on Monster shows, but actual police or ranger, or biologist sighting reports that are treated as heresy..as per the claim.

Edited by dmaker

Ummmmm if the agency is going to treat the reports as heresy? Your not going to get any "official" agency reports.

1) Your first bold portion of my statement is answered in the retired US Forest Service interview. He is a single retired Ranger that claims the Forest Service knew about them, and studied them. The Whitehall officer's testimony also fits this criteria.

2) The second bold portion of my statement, is answered with the official Kitsap police 911 call, because as I stated it was a average joe making the report to a emergency service.

So I feel I have acted in good faith concerning your request.

If your looking for a National Forest Service report that proclaims that Sasquatch is for real? There are none.........which was the whole point to my statement in the first place. Of course that Army Corps of Engineers environmental atlas, is a pretty compelling proclamation isn't it? 

Edited by norseman

SSR Team

The Arundel Mills Police report.

post-136-0-06014300-1401833996_thumb.jpg

A report from the Olympic Peninsula.

post-136-0-29783400-1401834064_thumb.jpg

Police Officer as a witness - http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/340

• Upvote 3

Admin

haha... forgot about that one BobbyO, allegedly happened five miles from my house. 

If you search the SSR by occupation I have several entered where the witness was a police officer.

I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm not sure if the reports they request to see are a matter of public record. You might have to have a good reason to be granted access or know someone on the inside. I smell a trap.

One of my friends who encountered a Bigfoot in Virginia is a police officer and you're right the stigma attached to it is unbelievable. He only told me what he did in confidence which is why I never use his name of where he works as an officer.

I was hoping for actual police reports where the police officer or emergency worker is making the claim.....

Generally, you're not going to find very many actual reports for two primary reasons.  I'm noting this from a moderate amount of time spent advising law enforcement (in the military) and commanders on the conduct of investigations; any cops feel free to add in...

First of all, police departments are not obligated to make reports of every matter reported to them.  They're generally required (or mandated) to complete a report if there is a crime or some sort of property damage that requires a police report to substantiate an insurance claim. (For example, fender-benders or a fire that damages property.)

They are not obligated to fill out a complete incident form every time some Tom, ****, or Harriet calls up and reports .... something.  For example, if someone repeatedly calls up and reports that Bigfoot is peeking in the windows, throwing rocks at the house, leaving dead animals on the porch, etc., the police are not under any obligation to fill out a uniform crime/accident report.  

They may keep a secondary (still official) log of such incidents (MPs call it a blotter) because knowing that the police were called to the same address by the same person on 5 ocassions over the course of a month might be relevant later. But these blotters would likely summarize such incidents as "nuisance calls" or reported trespasser, etc., w/out going into significant detail. 

The other separate concern is that law enforcement officers must maintain their integrity and credibility in order to be effective witnesses.  If, for example, a law enforcement officer is found to have abused their authority to obtain a discount to which they were not entitled, then forged documents to cover up that abuse, then lied during the internal investigation, that officer's credibility will take a hit.  (In my agency, the officer was removed from law enforcement duties and reduced in rank after the US District Attorney ruled that he could no longer give testimony in criminal prosecutions.)  While not quite the same thing, a police officer writing up a "Bigfoot" encounter report could compromise his/her ability to testify. 

I can't read the one report above but it appears that in each report there was a possible crime (trespassing, harassment, perhaps thinking someone was trying to steal building materials) or reportable traffic accident. 

As I said, just some thoughts. 

Dmaker's challenge is simply silly.  And none too surprising.

What is this about "not of BFRO origin"?  Come ON people. 

This is what WSA and I mean when we talk about people who don't know how to think about this, or what to think about.

If you honestly think that those guys on "Finding Bigfoot" are making up all those reports, I'd probably laugh my head off to see the list of the 10 biggest scams ever put over on you.

Anyone who knows how BFRO gets those reports - and knows anything, at all, about "Finding Bigfoot" - knows that there is no source of information on this topic better, anywhere, than the BFRO database.  That the BFRO has decided to make bad TV instead of doing what I'd be doing with that database simply shows that they aren't exactly the sharpest scientists.  But that info is legit...until you prove to me it isn't.  And the clouds you've seen in your coffee don't count.

So feel free to use the BFRO reports.  They are the voice of the people.  No mouthpieces involved. 

Edited by DWA