Bigfoot Police / Wildlife Reports.

norseman

Northfolk and Gum, my dad is a 25 yr police veteran .. (hes doing 30 &out) hes interested in BF like i am,maybe not as much but definitely an interest.. anyway he said he doesnt tell anyone at work or ask anyone if they share the same interest for fear of ridicule. Just wanted to share that..

Northfolk and Gum, my dad is a 25 yr police veteran .. (hes doing 30 &out) hes interested in BF like i am,maybe not as much but definitely an interest.. anyway he said he doesnt tell anyone at work or ask anyone if they share the same interest for fear of ridicule. Just wanted to share that..

Hat Tip to him IASasquatch …. Not surprising…. There are many very open minded people in that "here today gone tomorrow" business…  Some things you keep to yourself at work, and you learn to avoid "High Jingo"…. Business is business …. I took the Duece and Nickel and ran, it was time.  

Edited by Gumshoeye

Kudos to your Dad, ItsAsquatch.

I don't think their is a harsher working environment than a cop locker room, LOL.

30 is a long time. If he isn't pushing a cruiser around it is easier to reach that goal, but being 50+ and running calls in a beat will wear your behind out in a hurry.

I had to go a bit earlier than I wanted due to health issues, but I got 25 in like Gum did.

I would only tell your Dad one thing.

I've never run into anyone who, with the benefit of hindsight, wished they'd stayed longer. The general consensus seems to bee get out as soon as you can afford it, don't try to max the system".

The retirement system in my state calculates their funding model based on longevity after retirement data, and the last time I had good info they calculated that the average cop lives 7.5 years after retirement.

7.5 years.

So while I wouldn't presume to tell your father how to manage his life, I'd offer the same thought if asked. Get out as soon as he can afford it, and if that means 3-4 years before he maxes out then so be it. Life is short...

Kudos to your Dad, ItsAsquatch.

I don't think their is a harsher working environment than a cop locker room, LOL.

30 is a long time. If he isn't pushing a cruiser around it is easier to reach that goal, but being 50+ and running calls in a beat will wear your behind out in a hurry.

I had to go a bit earlier than I wanted due to health issues, but I got 25 in like Gum did.

I would only tell your Dad one thing.

I've never run into anyone who, with the benefit of hindsight, wished they'd stayed longer. The general consensus seems to bee get out as soon as you can afford it, don't try to max the system".

The retirement system in my state calculates their funding model based on longevity after retirement data, and the last time I had good info they calculated that the average cop lives 7.5 years after retirement.

7.5 years.

So while I wouldn't presume to tell your father how to manage his life, I'd offer the same thought if asked. Get out as soon as he can afford it, and if that means 3-4 years before he maxes out then so be it. Life is short...

All so true!

Hes doing it for the money. Something happened when the department hes with now separated from the sheriffs department, and it changed his whole retirement plan, in a bad way.

He will get a bigger monthly check doing 30 instead of 25- im sure you guys already know that though.

I think his wife, my stepmom,plays a role in it too (she is a $$ digger on the down low)

Anyway im off topic, i appreciate the feedback an.

posts gum & north. Btw, dont say 7.5 ! I cant lose my dad yet !

Hes doing it for the money. Something happened when the department hes with now separated from the sheriffs department, and it changed his whole retirement plan, in a bad way.

He will get a bigger monthly check doing 30 instead of 25- im sure you guys already know that though.

I think his wife, my stepmom,plays a role in it too (she is a $$ digger on the down low)

Definitely compare the "Maximum Monthly Payment" to the "Lesser Amount but More Payments".  I'll be doing that when I get up there (not a LEO but I've been in some horrible job environments).  You can come out ahead with more monthly checks at a lesser amount.

ItsaSquatch I will risk one more off-topic response, you can pm me if you want to take it further.

Tell your Dad to stay very much in touch with his tax person, he may find that he is putting those last years in only to get bumped into a higher tax bracket, which will mean he will have worked longer for less...

Northfork, i will pass that along when i go to visit him and baby sister today. Thanks for the info brother

" cant lose MY dad yet" Should of said cant lose him PERIOD .

Hes my hero

BFF Patron

Northfork, your General Buck Turgidson avatar reminds me of what a favorite Dr Strangelove was to SAC alert crews. Most identified with the Slim Pickens character that rode the bomb down. The inventory of the survival kit always got a lot of laughs.

Northfork, your General Buck Turgidson avatar reminds me of what a favorite Dr Strangelove was to SAC alert crews. Most identified with the Slim Pickens character that rode the bomb down. The inventory of the survival kit always got a lot of laughs.

I have never considered what the alert crews on the BUFF's would be thinking when seeing that movie, but now that I do I can only imagine...it is absolutely a classic.

1946-00-00; OK, Jefferson; Police collect hair samples from vehicle attacked by a bigfoot

1957-00-00; VA, Prince William; Marine on guard sees bigfoot

1959-05-00; CA, Monterey; bigfoot hurdles over front of army jeep

1959-00-00; MD, Carroll; policeman shoots at a bigfoot BOTEC

1950's thru 1960's; OR, Lane; retired Sheriff Deputy says 'story' used to explain bigfoot sightings IBS

1960's; FL, Collier; captured bigfoot breaks out thru block building wall IBS

1960's mid; VT, Windsor; bigfoot crosses road in front of Police car BOTEC
1960's late; MD, Carroll; bigfoot attacks police car, officer trapped BOTEC
1960's late; MD, Harford; police dept claim many bigfoot river sightings BOTEC

1963-00-00; CA, Santa Barbara; Airman on guard duty sees a bigfoot IBS

1963-01-00; CA, Tuolumne; sheriff and deputy investigate bigfoot sighting

1966 fall; MD, Frederick; human fights a bigfoot, reports to police BOTEC

1967 summer; WA, Pierce; soldier sees bigfoot walk past military entrance on dirt road IBS

1967-00-00; MI, Sault St Marie; Air Force base police chief chases bigfoot into woods

1966-07-00; OR, Jefferson; Fish and Wildlife employee sees bigfoot splashing in lake, bigfoot sees him IBS
1967-08-00; WA, Thurston; 3 bigfoots pursue 2 soldiers

1968-09-00; OR, unknown; road crossing bigfoot seen by 'senior government official' IBS

1968-10-00; IL, Fulton; police officer sees a bigfoot run across a road
1968-11-00; CA, San Diego; 4 Marines see a bigfoot walk by

1968 summer; OR, Crook; BLM Fire Crew sees bigfoot squatting on road, bf jumps away IBS

1970-00-00; SC, Beaufort; Marine pilots see bigfoots on flight path BOTEC
1970-03-00; MA, Plymouth; police officer sees a bigfoot BOTEC

1970-04-00; MA, Plymouth; bigfoot sighting reported to police BOTEC

1970-09-00; CA, San Diego; Sheriff Dept investigates multiple bigfoot sightings

1970's; AL, Talladega; sheriff's Deputy empties revolver at a bigfoot

1970's; CA, Humboldt; bigfoot steps out from behind tree in front of Forest Service worker

1970's; CA, Kern; Edwards Air force Base has 'Don't Shoot Bigfoots' orders

1970's mid; CA, Inyo; bigfoot allegedly kills campers, investigated by BLM officials

1970's late; NY, Niagara; policeman investigates 4 yrs of bigfoot reports BOTEC

1970's late; OR, Umatilla; USDA researchers see a bigfoot while watching deer herd IBS

1970's spring; OR, Clackamas; 7 USAF troops in helicopter follow 4 running bigfoots 18 miles IBS

1970's late; WY, Park; Park Ranger sees fleeing bigfoot

1971 summer; MD, Prince George's; police captain gets bigfoot sighting calls BOTEC

1971-00-00; CA, San Bernardino; bigfoot bends Marine's rifle barrel, CIA & FBI investigate

1971-00-00; MD, Baltimore; police officer gets several bigfoot reports BOTEC

1971-03-00; WA, Gray's Harbor; Deputy Sheriff almost shoots a bigfoot

1971-08-00; FL, Broward; road crossing seen by Animal Control Officer IBS

1971-09-00; CA, Modoc; Sheriff's Lieutenant sees bigfoot on road

1972 spring; OH, Guernsey; 2 Ohio State Park Rangers see a bigfoot the same night

1972 spring; OH, Guernsey; Ohio State Park ranger punches thru window at bigfoot's face

1972-01-00; AL, Randolph; bigfoot walks between police car and church JS-BSECA
1972-01-00; NC, Burke; 1) bigfoot approaches car 2) police officer sightings BOTEC

1972-02-00; AL, Randolph; policeman sees bigfoot jumps off 20ft roof JS-BSECA

1972-07-00; ID, unknown; a bigfoot walks up a clearing to near edge of a soldiers' camp then returns back to woods
1972-06-00; VA, Highland; hunter's bigfoot sighting, Marine's bigfoot sightings BOTEC

1973 to 1974; MA, unknown; policeman: two years of bigfoot sightings BOTEC

1973-00-00; NJ, Sussex; 2 park rangers see 5 ft tall bigfoot cross road BOTEC

1973-03-00; CA, Los Angeles; 3 US Marines see a bigfoot, homeowner bigfoot sighting
1973-07-00; MD, Anne Arundel; bigfoot road crossing in front of police officer BOTEC

1973-08-00; MD, Harford; bigfoot report to military police BOTEC
1973-08-00; PA, Beaver; bigfoot sighting reported to police BOTEC
1973-08-00; PA, unknown; bigfoot sighting reported to police BOTEC

1973-09-00; MT, Flathead; two bigfoots run car off road, reported to sheriff

1973-09-00; PA, Westmoreland; bigfoot sighting reported to police BOTEC
1973-11-00; PA, Beaver; a bigfoot reported to police BOTEC

Edited by Gumshoeye

BFF Patron

There are many problems with most movies concepts of command and control and Dr Strangelove was one of the worst. I guess that stuff is so secretive that they do not really want to give the public or movie companies any idea how it is really done. There are two things that would get you a ticket to Ft Levenworth military prison, improper transfer of custody of atomic weapons, and compromise of the command and control documents. So you very carefully conducted inventory when you took custody of either one. I complained to my dentist a couple of times about him doing x-rays on me once a year when I really did not have any problems with my teeth. I explained that I had so much radiation exposure just flying professionally for over 38 years and inventorying nuclear weapons that I would rather not have the normal dental x-rays. You should have seen the look I got from the dental tech. She probably thinks I glow in the dark.

^^^^^^

"There are two things that would get you a ticket to Ft Levenworth military prison, improper transfer of custody of atomic weapons,...."

Well, unless you fly a plane load of real atomic bombs to Louisiana when you thought you had training rounds .... your former branch is undergoing some tough times recently - hope they pull it all back together. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is appropriate to the thread topic and in a sense it sort of gives food for thought as to what D. Paulides has spoken about time and again in his books. You will have to read the whole report to get a picture of what this was all about. More importantly though, it offers insights to the other side of the coin where not all law enforcement officers scoff at the seriousness of Bigfoot, and some that do and go to great lengths to keep it out of the mainstream news ….. Follow the link and look up the incident and read it please.  

Summary: Something ate a dog, leaving behind strange tracks of an unknown primate with “two†not one big toe. It caused a stir from one agency to another and throughout some southern universities,’ so much so that one National parks service directed its employees to deny knowledge of the thing that ate the dog that left the tracks. - GCBRO

http://www.gcbro.com/MSstone0003.html