Bigfoot Police / Wildlife Reports.

norseman

If they were found where they were, and if they appear the way they do...then it wasn't some casual faker who went out there and faked them.

Meldrum has numerous casts like that, taken from enough places that if they're all faked, well there is either one well-traveled person or a number of them out there capable of fooling somebody who's made a good enough living out of studying primate foot anatomy that he can carve out tons of free time to look for sasquatch.

I'm kind of not placing a load of money on that bet.

What if I told you, that a very simple process can leave tracks that do not look like they were created by a simple process?

Do you think it's possible that an expert in primate foot locomotion, may simply not be an expert on wooden stomper locomotion?

^^^^^^

Absolutely, but not all tracks can be explained away with stompers and a pickup and a rope

• Upvote 1

The problem with hoaxing is that Meldrum is quite clear about what he looks for to rule out a hoax.     So anyone knowledgeable with his work can put together something that might and probably would fool Meldrum.     I have been secretive about where I do field work just for that reason.      I am sure there are people out there that would delight in fooling me.     Not only do I look at a print carefully to try to differentiate it from human I take into account where I find it.     A hoaxer wants his work found.    Off trail, miles from human access, the probability that a given footprint is authentic BF increases.   But it never reaches 100% which is what the skeptics seem to want.  

I watched a 2010 video last night that had Meldrum, Bindernegal,  and some Eastern biologist skeptics.     The statements the skeptics made had me shouting at the TV.    What pompous idiots.   Meldrum would have taken the biologist apart in a debate.   She made a comment that the footprints casts he has are too distinct.    Animals in the wild like chimpanzees drag their feet and do not make distinct footprints.    Of course you fool, chimpanzees are barely bipedal and waddle more than walk.    She also must never have watched the gait demonstrated in the P/G film where Patty lifts her legs high then plants each foot ahead.    If and when existence is proven, I want to find that woman, walk in to her office and ask her what she says now.    Would she like to retract her ridiculous public statements?   I wonder if someone how someone that public and open with her skepticism will fare after proof of existence.   If I ran the department I would fire her for having such a closed mind now.      Randy

The thing that tells you the bigfoot skeptics - scientists especially - are full of it is how easy it is for a decently-informed layman to shoot down everything they say.

BFF Patron

A track way is probably the most difficult to hoax.     Each footprint in an authentic situation will be slightly different.    Toes spread wider in one print than another etc.    That is nearly impossible for a hoaxer to pull off.   Each fake footprint needs a different foot form which has to be changed out between each step without changing the gait, trackline etc.     Not impossible but so much work to pull off that I cannot see anyone attempting it.     But even the London track way seems problematic to me in that the footprints are well within the human size norm.    Quite frankly I do not get too excited about a footprint that is not significantly larger than my own, putting the footprint at the large end or out of the human norm.    The exception would be if I had a sighting when the print was made, unlikely as that is.    

What if I told you, that a very simple process can leave tracks that do not look like they were created by a simple process?

Do you think it's possible that an expert in primate foot locomotion, may simply not be an expert on wooden stomper locomotion?

Drew - are YOU an expert on wooden stomper locomotion?

• Upvote 1

The thing that tells you the bigfoot skeptics - scientists especially - are full of it is how easy it is for a decently-informed layman to shoot down everything they say.

Same goes for self proclaimed scientists.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Is there a thread dealing with abductions? If not, why don’t create one? That would surely get a few responses. Just from the point of view of female to males … I would enjoy it.

Ooops! Sorry guys wrong thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Can we at least acknowledge the irony inherent in using the Arundel Mills Mall report as evidence in this thread considering the fact that the officer who investigated saw the creature and stated in his official report that it was a bear? Can I also get an ironic round of applause for DWA who has written over 18% of the posts in this thread even though he denies that police officers will investigate any call involving sassy? 

DWA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

ohiobill, on 11 Apr 2014 - 6:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Got proof of that?

If I called the cops and told them a bigfoot was right in front of me eating two of my children

1) I'll never see a cop, because

2) they're too busy laughing.

Period.

Over this past summer I read a few thousand alleged Bigfoot accounts looking for and setting aside specific points of each report: 

Of those few thousand reports I personally read, I counted 463 separate and individual instances where law enforcement agencies were called and or engaged in some sort of Bigfoot related call. Those agencies ranged from federal, state and local jurisdictions.

Within the same range of a few thousand reports I personally read, I counted 52 instances where some type of military personnel was involved and 256 personnel from other governmental agencies being involved that were non-law enforcement related. No doubt in my mind some would laugh and not show up to a hypothetical call as you pointed out, but that's casting a wide net over a lot of people. Not all of them think like that either. Some admitted flat out they tried to keep it secret but too many people were reporting, another told a citizen they didn't want to frighten the public and some told the public to lock their doors while drove the beast away with gunfire and dogs ....

Edited by Gumshoeye

Yes, it's common sense that public safety officers respond to calls. No serious researcher would ever deny it! I'm not sure why DWA denies that law enforcement would respond when there are so many reports of just such a thing happening. I'm not sure why he doesn't understand public safety responses but how does a lack of comprehension translate into belief regarding anonymous squatch reports? Are you theorizing that given evidence of an investigation by a government agency that DWA will change his oft stated stance on his erroneous belief that police won't investigate reports of sassy? 

BFF Patron

There is a lot of commonality with UFO and BF reports with respect to police officers. With the massive underfunding common through most of the country for law enforcement, they simply often do not have time to investigate such things. If they are not busy when a call comes in with with something else higher priority, then they might go investigate just out of curiosity. When they get there, they take witness reports, try to figure out if the person is delusional or high, then decide what if anything to do about something that was over with long before they came. Assume in the case of BF that physical evidence is present like footprints. They like anyone have to differentiate between large bare footed human, someone with stompers hoaxing, and a BF which they may or may not believe in. So what do they report? Nothing other than take a report made by the witness, and a brief one at that. They simply do not have the time to spend with any kind of investigation when a crime has not been committed.

One of these days in the right environment I am going to broach the subject to Clark County and Skamania County Sheriffs Deputies in Washington. They drive the roads all the time. I have to think than many have had road crossing encounters. A deputy used to live near me but he has moved away. After a few beers at our annual neighborhood party would have been a good time to ask. Once when I was driving back from field work, I thought I saw something out moving in a clear cut on a ridge and stopped my truck, got into the bed, and was peering up the ridge looking for movement. A deputy stopped, asked if I was OK and what I was doing. I said I thought I saw something moving on the ridge and stopped to look at it. He said "some kind of animal?" Just the way he said it made me think he had seen something before.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here but I did find the topic extremely interesting... Well, I cannot begin to know another person’s hear t or mind and I am not sure why somebody would feel that way so I can only gauge my measurement on personal experience Bill, and above all, I didn't intend this to be directed towards you but rather an opportunity to clear the air a bit.  

Many are prohibited from stepping forward and speaking out or obvious reasons though.  I did 25 ½ years on streets, retired in good standing , but I had the privilege to talk to many guys and gals from across the country and from various places and I know these people do not always think in unison. For me though, I am neither shy of admitting nor shy of talking about my experiences. It is what it is...

I was featured guest speaker in conferences more than once,  I was a featured SME (subject matter expert for something entirely different than this topic) for a television show and taught law enforcement officers in a few colleges, so it brought me in contact with a lot people. I knew an author who wrote about the strange experiences LEO’s encounters but the public rarely hears of those. She was an extremely credible and a highly respected professional and known nationwide. It is sort odd for me when I read or hear about people still doubting the strangeness and yet, if they only knew what those people encounter it wouldn’t seem so strange.

There are some officers that will laugh and sneer at the thought of this topic but behind closed doors their opinions are surprisingly similar. Those guys and gals are just like you and me. They are closest to things as they occur and have their ear to the ground and have a pulse for anything new and different.  If you or anyone has looked very closely at John Greene’s database you will see something very interesting in his information.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gum - You are certainly not bothering me, I know police investigate reports involving sassy. I've heard 911 calls, seen reports, watched news clips etc. I haven't seen proof that anyone claiming to have asked for a response involving sassy hasn't received one - have you? 

SQUATCHPROJECT - I believe you are correct that priority calls receive priority responses. I would expect a call involving some squatch hopping a caboose while wearing overalls and smoking cigars would and should receive low priority. I would expect a call asking for a response to the large menacing creature or man outside your door to receive a priority response. Dispatchers, police, and ems workers have all been fired for not responding quickly enough, we can find evidence of that just here in Ohio. I know of no evidence proving that police won't respond to a call of sassy eating your children in front of you...do you? 

Gum - You are certainly not bothering me, I know police investigate reports involving sassy. I've heard 911 calls, seen reports, watched news clips etc. I haven't seen proof that anyone claiming to have asked for a response involving sassy hasn't received one - have you? 

SQUATCHPROJECT - I believe you are correct that priority calls receive priority responses. I would expect a call involving some squatch hopping a caboose while wearing overalls and smoking cigars would and should receive low priority. I would expect a call asking for a response to the large menacing creature or man outside your door to receive a priority response. Dispatchers, police, and ems workers have all been fired for not responding quickly enough, we can find evidence of that just here in Ohio. I know of no evidence proving that police won't respond to a call of sassy eating your children in front of you...do you? 

No, can’t say that I have but I live and worked in a large metro area, and you don’t (or at least I have never heard of them where I worked), but I know there are some working in outlying areas that do. It’s not every day or month and not every year you understand but it does happen.  Officially they don’t exist …. The information down below represents just Michigan alone, from the late 1700’s to present and about five times more than BFRO claims there are. In the few thousand that I read throughout the country there a few more hundred very similar reports.

LEO Involvement

-- Trooper admitted that efforts to keep the reports secret have backfired*MI

-- Reports have been kept quiet by suspicious state troopers until two terrifying contacts were made*MI

-- State police said 16 persons have reported sighting the “monster†in the last two months*MI

-- People in a rural area told county deputies they saw a huge bear walking around upright*MI

--9 foot tall Bigfoot spotted by State Trooper, Recreation Supervisor, Fisherman, Author*MI

--BIA agents, Border Patrol, MSP,SAR, search for man and his dog missing outside his cabin*MI

--Camper told troopers and police a tall creature tore up a tent and threw his bike 35 feet*MI

--County Sheriff’s called for a series of dead deer all of which were twisted and lined up in the woods*MI

--County Sheriff’s called on a bear walking upright on two hind legs across a road and through a yard*MI

--County Sheriff’s found a footprint, 18 by 6 in. near barn where person says they were chased inside*MI

--County Sheriff’s on call about several dead deer with broken hind legs and insides missing*MI

--County Sheriff’s say a hunter found a large deer with the head twisted off, insides torn out*MI  

--County Sheriff’s turn over dead deer scene over to DNR*MI

--County Sheriff’s turn over twisted deer carcass to DNR*MI

--County Sheriff's called to investigate loud growls and howls outside home*MI

--County Sheriff's deputy strongly advises against talking about Bigfoot sighting “large and hairyâ€*MI

--County Sheriff's including 150 persons give up search for hunter gone missing in forest*MI

--County Sheriff's on call about a man who shot at Bigfoot creature that ran at him*MI

--County Sheriff's search man gone missing after his vehicle with unlocked doors and the headlights*MI

--County Sheriff's sent to "an animal attack" on remote cabin see heavy damage *MI

--County Sheriff's, M.E., and DNR on scene of skeletal remains of missing man 22 years ago*MI 

--Disoriented **** hunter is followed out of the woods by large biped animal*MI

--DNR called by horseback rider smells awful stench and hears guttural screams*MI

--DNR discusses personal encounter with a 8 foot tall biped creature they came upon over radio*MI

--DNR files report from hunter who sees a Bigfoot creature, 7 to 9 feet tall, come out of the woods*MI

--DNR officer heard on radio a dark gray female Bigfoot with breasts was spotted during sting*MI  

--DNR officers overheard on radio discussing encounter with an 8 foot "Sasquatch" *MI

--DNR received two calls of a large brown ape-like creature carrying a dead deer across a trail*MI

--Farmer opens fire repeatedly on a big black hairy biped as he retreated to call trooper*MI

--Farmer sees strange tall creature one mile south of where a patrol officer reported a sighting*MI

--FBI Evidence Recovery Team and MSU Anthropology found remains in remote forest*MI

--Fisherman told DNR he seen large upright Bigfoot creature walk into water splashing around*MI

--Hunter stopped and questioned by DNR officers and they also are startled by more screams*MI

--Kincheloe U.S. Air Force Base police chase strange apelike thing away from base into thick woods*MI

--MSP Canine Unit helped search deer hunter on logging trail hampered by a freak weather pattern*MI

--National Guardsmen, MSP, DNR helicopter search for missing hunter who vanished in woods*MI

--Off-duty deputy sheriff said two 40 pound bags of fish hanging 4 meters in a tree were gone*MI

--Patrol officer sees hairy bipedal ape with flesh colored face near abandoned farm and woods*MI

--Police called children being chased out of the woods behind their house Bigfoot animal*MI

--Police found black fur on clothing youth grabbed, thrown 15 yards by Bigfoot animal*MI 

--Police officer sees a large bipedal figure covered in fur cross the road in front of him*MI

--Police on call about a large hairy biped object on the road*MI

--Police on call for man injured after encountering Bigfoot around an abandoned house*MI

--Police told man reporting Bigfoot on road was not first they received*MI

--Retired police officer bow hunting smells odors, hears heavy footsteps feels stalked*MI

--SAR teams follow tracks and personal effects into swamp of missing expert outdoorsmen*MI

--Scores of deputy sheriffs and neighbors search for missing toddler and dog from yard*MI

--Search for deer hunter has been abandoned by Michigan State Police*MI

--Sheriff’s deputies and DNR took plaster cast of huge human like footprints tracks found by hunters*MI 

--Sheriff’s deputies called about large bipedal animal striking a house*MI

--Sheriff’s deputy smell odor and give chase to a large howling Bigfoot they spot running*MI

--Sheriff's deputies answer “large and hairy†monster call, gave chase to a 8 foot furry animal*MI

--Sheriff's deputies armed with rifles search woods for 9 ft hairy creature but “didn’t see anythingâ€*MI 

--Sheriff's deputies get call about a giant blonde ape man running with deer tucked under its arm*MI

--Sheriff's deputies on call about “a giant man in blonde fur,†who stole a deer they harvested*MI

--Sheriff's deputies on call about 7 foot tall human-like creature walking upright from a swamp*MI

--Sheriff's deputies on call about 8 Foot black beast with green shinning eyes seen in car headlights*MI

--Sheriff's deputies say tall biped attempted to enter car of terrified couple leaving a large dent*MI

--Sheriff's deputies search for man missing who disappeared from his home near forest*MI

--Sheriff's deputies with other officers and volunteers search for missing deer hunter*MI

--Sheriff's deputy took call reporting screams howls and screeching deep in the woods*MI

--Tribal Police on call about a large hairy biped figure lunging at car in a yard*MI

--Trooper sees Bigfoot run across road records it on dashboard camera*MI

--Trooper spots a “5-6 foot thing†up the highway in the glare of his headlights and skids*MI

--Troopers on call about kids who seen large hairy biped with big teeth, breast watching them*MI

--Troopers on call about large hairy bipedal animal watching kids playing in yard*MI

--Troopers see watched a heavily built bipedal figure moving at an angle in the 6-foot marsh grass*MI

--Two people reported to sheriff's they located very large footprints 16 ½ x 9 inches wide in a swamp*MI

--U.S. Air Force security police see large hairy biped crossing the road in front of them*MI

--U.S. Army MP's and Sheriff's deputies called about a large biped pounding on military vehicles*MI

--U.S. Army MP's and Sheriff's deputies called about a large biped walking over vehicles*MI

Edited by Gumshoeye

Yes, as I've stated numerous times public safety officers investigate complaints involving sassy. It's common knowledge to all but DWA who reads reports like the wind but doesn't understand that an uncorroborated report has about as much impact on the field as an errant gust. Public safety officers even investigate other entities including leprechauns, ghosts, and lizardman. But, as I'm sure you can attest from personal experience not all who call have legitimate claims. In fact, most of the time the wind leaves more evidence of it's passing than does the reports investigated. Equating a report that claims to have been investigated by police as truthful without examining the actual police report makes absolutely no sense. 

Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's probable. It's possible that squatch are behind most of the missing person reports here in America but I doubt most investigators ever consider it likely and I doubt even a veteran like you has ever seen even one report stating squatch as the probable cause of death. It's possible that squatch are regularly traipsing across urban rooftops but we aren't seeing police reports corroborating it. We aren't seeing firefighters called out to examine smoking middens and we aren't seeing reports by EMT's, Drs, or mental health professionals detailing their efforts to help panicked, injured, or affected witnesses. 

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/06/20/man-tells-police-bunch-of-leprechauns-assaulted-him-for-dancing-with-girl/

http://thoughtcatalog.com/christine-stockton/2014/07/seattle-police-investigate-ghost-find-woman-under-the-bed-clutching-a-knife-instead/

http://hyannisnews.com/cops-investigate-paranormal-activity-complaint-plus-other-stories-and-video/

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2014/01/south-carolina-lizardman-police-incidents-2462690.html

Well my friend, that is very true. If anyone doubts the strangeness that some encounter I invite everyone to check out the campfire thread and read just a few of what I placed there. You are correct in saying “just because something is possible doesn't mean it's probable,†and likewise just because something isn’t probable that it doesn’t mean it’s not possible. I am linear thinker meaning, I have to look for right and wrong or this or that of a problem. It gets exceedingly difficult to see things outside of the norm but as I step away from what I did all my adult life it gets easier.

The older one gets the more experiences you have to draw on and suddenly linear thinking is no longer adequate. I quickly come to realize how naïve I was to think that life and the world me is this or that, without any consideration that we just don't know the half of it yet.

I’ve been in places where people are adamant about thieves being inside their businesses or homes and you go there and find absolutely nothing. The majority of people don’t just wake and stand their underwear frightened to death and call police just to say hello, most of them don’t relish the idea of having lawmen walking through homes like that. So you find nothing and tell them everything seems okay, and call us if you have any more problems.  You do a short report and leave it at that. Let the reader infer what they may. But personally speaking, I have seen with my own eyes, a full apparition of a man while working the streets.

And Buddy, I’ll tell you … he was so real, that I mistook him for a prowler and was two seconds away from calling a backup unit. The more I watched him, I understood then what it was and the dress attire was simply something out of the early 1900s period was my guess. It what it is ….  You experience it and move on. Hope this helps.

Edited by Gumshoeye