Torn Up Tent: Bob Garrett Interview

After listening to 2 different interviews with Bob Garrett concerning the"Torn up tent", I have a couple thoughts.

First: I'm glad to see Bob's first thoughts were centered on seeing if anyone needed aid or assistance.This took guts and I'm glad to see he centered on this first.

Secondly: I understand the effects and devastation that would happen to our economy if the authorities acknowledged this creature's existence. But the negative effect is public safety and awareness. People cannot make informed decisions concerning their own safety or their families safety being kept in the dark.The public is very informed about other wildlife such as bears and cougars. We all understand the cons of hiking and camping in their habitat. As our population keeps growing, we continue to encroach on wildlife habitats, wether through building or recreation. As a father of 2 children, I like to be well informed of to the cons that would effect my kids safety. Some people treat Sasquatch as the gentle forest giant, but you don't see me asking a Sasquatch to baby sit my kids.

Its weird to me how many people instantly assume bigfoot.  Yeah, they're out there, but sometimes twigs break (and camps get torn up) without their help.   Since there were a lot of bare footprints, OUR SIZE, the first guess should be human activity.   I didn't see anything there that falls outside what you can account for with one little word: "meth".   What should be closed is the jail door.

MIB

Edited by MIB

I've met Bob, and he showed me the spot where the torn up tent incident occured. While I respect his efforts he may have misinterpreted what had occured there concerning the tent. While I think there may have been other wildlife involved "a snake" in the wrecked tent, he did relate one of his own personal encounters there at the same spot, and I've seen the area, and kinow of other encounters close by, so am open to what he can offer.

• Upvote 1

MIB: If it's a methhead with big feet running around out there, there needs to be a warning sign put up about them to. Lol!

As for the average size footprints, I don't remember the size of the footprints being mentioned on the tore up tent incident. I do remember Bob mentioning the foot sizes of approx. 13" and 20" on the charging incident at the same location. Refresh my memory, what were the sizes at the tore up tent incident?

Edited by Stillwater1967

An animal that can't get classified, does not going around tearing up tents.

If BF made a habit out of threatening people, or children it would have been killed and hung on a wall years ago.

• Upvote 2

After watching both his nightime and daytime videos of the scene, I'm not reall sure I see anything that I really find compelling. Is the supposed backstory that a BF, or BF's trashed this campsite and drug off the campers and dispatched them? If somebody knows the theories proposed, please tell me.

I've found one or two abandoned "hooches" in my days tramping around the backcountry, and they always do give you a creeped-out feeling...but yet. People abandon campig areas for ordinary reasons all the time. Unfortunately, with more and more people pushed to the edge economically, we are seeing more tent dwellers than anytime since the depression years. You leave one of those pop-up tents un-staked, or staked in sandy ground with a fire smoldering, a gust of wind, and there you go. 

There was also a remarkable lack of other debris, trash or equipment. So, what happened to all that other stuff?

I saw distinct tire tracks on the ground. If this vehicle belonged to the campers (which is likely), where did it go?

He remarks repeatedly that the woods were "all torn up."  I'd trust him to know if there were changes, but can we discount the idea that the campers were tearing down trees and limbs for firewood?

I also didn't see any distinctly non-human footprints. If he says there were, o.k., I don't have any reason to dispute that, but I didn't see any.    

Am I understanding this, or is there something more to it?

SSR Team

This one don't cut it for me personally.

If I remember right, he initially said how he got intimidated by the powers that be into not talking etc and threatened which he took seriously, but at the same time he couldn't have realised he was actually on live radio speaking in front of hundreds/thousands.

It's the little things...;)

Refresh my memory, what were the sizes at the tore up tent incident?

They didn't say in the video I saw.   They mentioned bare feet, and seeing toes, but nothing specific about size.   Given all the other things mentioned, I would think they'd have said something if those tracks were of remarkable size.   They sure talked about broken logs and the forest being all torn up a lot.   There were a couple moments where the tracks were in the flashlight beam at the same time the shoes of the guys doing the filming were in the beam.   These were not LARGE feet.  The tracks appeared to be smaller than their shoes.   My guess ...those tracks belonged to whoever owned the tent.  

MIB

Edited by MIB

I think you are following pretty well WSA. Bob seems convinced that the BF's in the area are a bit aggressive.Some hikers reportedly went missing in the area also, and certain areas had been taped off for some sort of investigations going on. I agree that certain camping items would be left behind if someone really had to leave the camp site in a hurry, like if they were being attacked. 

I'm glad to see the healthy skepticism, but I'm still not having BF baby sit my kids. Lol!

If I remember right Bob said in the interview the cook stove was found not far away in the brush and 2 sleeping bags were also found.