Sign in to follow this  

Pgf Vs. Any Other Footage

Xion Comrade

I have to agree Xion. Although many believe this creature could only exist in the deepest darkest expanses of virtually untouched wilderness, I disagree. I think its more a case of geographical conditions and accessibility. I think a certain amount of human activity is potentially acceptable to these things, as long as the right conditions are in place to allow for adequate cover and escape. I find it very unlikely we are looking for a "wood ape".

And I know for a fact that they don't necessarily live in untouched wilderness areas and that human activity does not put them off in and of itself. I have had a couple of experiences with these creatures not all that far into the woods and not far from residences, supposedly occasionally they are even poking around the residences but that is not personal experience. And on a scale that goes from Gorilla/Orangutan to Human, it is definitely around 75% of the way towards human at the least I would say. Most people who push for the Ape idea are throwing out alot of the reported behavior as garbage, don't have any or much experience with these things, or are straining and forcing the experiences into a little monkey box to support some sort of agenda or mentality in my experience.

Edited by Xion Comrade

Guest DWA

Not commenting on the ape/human thing (I don't do taxonomy, and the "decision," if we can call it that, awaits a specimen).

But I will say that it's ridiculous to assume that this thing we never see inhabits only remote wilderness areas where humans never go.  The evidence resoundingly debunks both assumptions.

roguefooter

The owner of the wild dog according to who? He said himself that there was a dirtbike running around on a trail nearby and I have already mentioned that he has run into people before in these areas he researches...The fact that there are people off in the distance does little to even nothing for the argument against this video.

Unless you believe that TGB is special in that Bigfoot only allows him to have these encounters. If one person can see a Bigfoot then so can any other. The more populated areas the more sightings we should have.

A motorcyclist, a jogger, and him- that's three people in an area within a 15 minute timespan. Now think about how many people could be in the area over the course of a day, week, month, year, etc.

TGB has had multiple encounters in his area. He rides his mountain bike with his kids on well beaten trails, so that's a pretty good indicator of how often people are in the areas he searches. Why nobody else having all these encounters like him?

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Guest DWA

^^^^How do you know no one else is having them?

Xion Comrade

Unless you believe that TGB is special in that Bigfoot only allows him to have these encounters. If one person can see a Bigfoot then so can any other. The more populated areas the more sightings we should have.

A motorcyclist, a jogger, and him- that's three people in an area within a 15 minute timespan. Now think about how many people could be in the area over the course of a day, week, month, year, etc.

TGB has had multiple encounters in his area. He rides his mountain bike with his kids on well beaten trails, so that's a pretty good indicator of how often people are in the areas he searches. Why nobody else having all these encounters like him?

I have had very similar encounters(Everything but visual sightings so far) to his in similar places and it didn't take much of any effort to get them either. I didn't see anyone just running off-trail through the bush in that video the way he was, and unless you do that you are going to be extremely easy to avoid by anything with half a brain. My experiences with bigfoot, I will say again, have taught me that most all people could be having a pretty obvious encounter with one(Typical vocalizations, rock throwing, bipedal walking, and just general very odd behavior for a animal) and not have the slightest clue anything was even going on, much less a bigfoot was around. People just don't have a clue. There are plenty of reports of activity coming from that general area, certainly many times more than what there are in my own area(Which has one, mind you), and none of those reports are from TGB...

I agree with Xion. Again, if one where to take the time to learn more about what they where criticizing, and as I mentioned earlier as well, he has done many video's on other peoples experiences and reports in the area. I believe he has even documented peoples pets missing or being killed, footprints, eyewitness encounters, audio, etc. There are actually many factors that could contribute to his success. The fact that he often appears "touristy" rather than like a hunter. He does not usually chase.( I think that is a large contributor). The amount of time he spends in the area's maybe makes him a familiar, and therefore less worrisome sight.(Kinda ties into the do not chase part). Sometimes I wonder if he has more defined plan and method than he lets on, is he really as random and almost "bumbling" as he seems?  Or does he have a much defined, patient, anthropological approach than he is letting on?

I don't think your criticism are unreasonable roguefooter, not at all. But I do believe you are knowledgeable enough, and thoughtful enough, that if you took the time to really get to know the subject, you would find many instances of "hmmmm" despite the poor editing, and kind of amateur dramatic presentation. 

Guest DWA

^^^The time is what people are not spending absorbing the evidence.  And believe you me, it shows in spades.

Well, needless to say the original question here was never really addressed.   

xspider1

Why is the this film held to such a high standard compared to any other, when at the end of the day any video out there has lead to zero impact on proving bigfoot exists.

Just compare a 'money shots' from the PG film to a 'money shot' from the TGB video linked above (which is evidently also hotly debated) and the answer to that question becomes quite apparent imo: 

post-131-0-17738000-1403584614_thumb.gif

post-131-0-20091500-1403584945_thumb.jpg

Backdoc

Let's face it, footage that is not clear in the timber and brush is very hard to tell much.   Fake or real, in the PGF you get a pretty good look at what you see. It is not a bear or a dog. It is a upright biped walking away.

Videos that may show something real could still be something such as a dog, bear or whatever. Clearly they are things that are real but not Bigfoot.

When something is hard to see due to forest cover, it becomes more of a stretch to be certain it is not a hoax. In fact, If you were doing a hoax you might be more prone to some hide and seek aspect to just show enough but not too much where fine detail blow the hoax. 

I cannot say if such a video is a hoax, a real thing misidentified or something new.  Just not enough to consider.  When it comes to the PGF, there is a lot more to consider.

Backdoc 

looks legit but..... main problem I have with this film is that Patterson went on an expedition whose sole goal was to film a ssq.

Others have  tried unsuccessfully for years. Patterson did it first time out. Seems too easy.

dunno?

roguefooter

^That wasn't his first time out. He had gone on multiple expeditions prior to and after the PGF.

Backdoc

^^

There is this impression 2 guys woke up and had breakfast. They grabbed a camera and went out the woods. The shot a film of bigfoot, and came home a few hours later and sold the film.  There is obviously more to this story.

I mean, did Robert Ballard who wanted to find the Titanic wreck just happen to go out and found what he was looking for, He got on film what others had failed to do so naturally it must be fake.

Backdoc

Sign in to follow this