SweatyYeti

Patty's Arms And Hands

Guest Blackdog

Sure, Matt Crowley is a perfect ruler. Much better than Bob H. Matt has provided the best human poses for comparison to the PGF bar none. We have his body dimensions and he happens to be very close to Bob H's height. Did you want my opinion whether he matches up with Patty?

I would like your opinion of Sweaty's analysis... Please.

I would like your opinion of Sweaty's analysis... Please.

You mean his comparison of Matt to Patty? And whether the implication is that Patty's arms are longer than his? Did he get their scaling right? etc.

Ans: yes, I think he got their scaling pretty close. Face it, Patty's arms are approx. 10% longer than at least 2 people her approx. height. Her legs measure approx. 10% shorter than these 2 people. Her girth measure to be greater than 10% of these people. But that's just my informal opinion measuring a few frames that I have registered.

tubeglove.gif

tubepatty308.gif

tubetibhgt.gif

parnassus

Aside from the high fives & pluses the skeptics are giving each other, are they actually claiming Patty doesn't have long arms because they appear to reach her butt??? Does that even make sense? :rolleyes: Photogrammetrists they ain't.

I was wondering Parn. Do you agree that if Bob was in the suit then we can determine the position of his shoulder joint in the suit by measuring the same distance from their eyes to Bob's shoulder plane? And if not, then why not?

And don't make the mistake of saying that the shoulder pads skew this measurement or that Patty could be shrugging her shoulders. That would make Patty's arms even shorter. What prevents us from using Bob out of the suit as a ruler for Bob in the suit? Same guy right?

Giganto
In the same tone as your post
I guess you didn't read my post or sweaty's or perhaps it's your lack of anatomical and anthropological training that prevents your understanding. Either way let me go over it again. Sweaty presents two figures scaled to the same height.
If Bob H. And PattyBob are the same height and PattyBob's fingertips reach mid thigh just as a human mans do in normal walkig posture (not the distorted Lookback frame); and if Bob H. Is a normal human man with normal to long arms as judged by his sleeve length of 35 inches then where can Sweaty go in trying to show that Bob H. can't be PattyBob because of a discrepancy in hand and arm length? Well, the only place he can go is to not consider bob H.'s claim that he as PattyBob was wearing shoulder pads.

Giganto

In the same tone as your post

I guess you didn't read my post or sweaty's or perhaps it's your lack of anatomical and anthropological training that prevents your understanding.

:D Parn, what does anatomical training have to do with finding joints inside a suit? You are eyeballing while at least I'm measuring the film.

Either way let me go over it again. Sweaty presents two figures scaled to the same height.

If Bob H. And PattyBob are the same height and PattyBob's fingertips reach mid thigh just as a human mans do in normal walkig posture (not the distorted Lookback frame);

Reaching mid thigh relative to a thigh and torso that has not been confirmed "human".

and if Bob H. Is a normal human man with normal to long arms as judged by his sleeve length of 35 inches then where can Sweaty go in trying to show that Bob H. can't be PattyBob because of a discrepancy in hand and arm length? Well, the only place he can go is to not consider bob H.'s claim that he as PattyBob was wearing shoulder pads.

Again, shoulder pads are irrelevant. Didn't you follow my last 3 posts?

Edited by Gigantofootecus

parnassus

Continued

G

There are, as I have Continued

G

There are, as I have mentioned elsewhere, a number of joints between the eyes and the arm that can effect the real and or apparent distance between the two( depending on perspective.) You could consult your local anatomy faculty. Suffice to say you don't want to tout the eye shoulder distance unless u want to be the comedy act. confused about what shoulder pads do in this setting. It is the subject of the PGF who is wearing them and they obscure the location of what you so carelessly refer to as the shoulder. Putting Bob H. In shoulder pads would serve to help clarify this effect. You are also confused about which subject is showing a hunched shoulder and who has the dipped shoulder. As I have written on several occasions the image of Bob H. that Sweaty loves to use shows his near shoulder hunched up, while the Lookback frame shows the near shoulder to be depressed as well as retracted.

These differences in posture are why I previously emphasized the need to use images of normal upright walking postures; and Bob H. seems to bs available for this sort of thing. After reading your comments on the Blue Creek Mountain thread I am sure u would rather have a non distorted view or better yet the original subject.

Edited by parnassus

Guest Blackdog

You mean his comparison of Matt to Patty? And whether the implication is that Patty's arms are longer than his? Did he get their scaling right? etc.

No I asked specifically about Sweaty's .gif.

Ans: yes, I think he got their scaling pretty close. Face it, Patty's arms are approx. 10% longer than at least 2 people her approx. height. Her legs measure approx. 10% shorter than these 2 people. Her girth measure to be greater than 10% of these people. But that's just my informal opinion measuring a few frames that I have registered.

I asked you about Sweaty's analysis but you plugged in your own. I didn't ask for that.
I didn't think that was a tough question, I guess I was wrong. Do you have a problem criticizing Sweaty's analysis?

The very least you could have done is use his .gif to illustrate your answer.
What exactly kept you from doing that?

SweatyYeti

parnassus wrote:

Well, the only place he can go is to not consider bob H.'s claim that he as PattyBob was wearing shoulder pads.

parn...stuck on 'shoulder pads'. Shoulder pads won't 'save the day' for Bob H....because the location/position of Patty's elbow-joint sinks Heironimus' story.

Here is one of Giganto's graphics....showing the positions of Patty's and Tube's elbows....measured laterally from the vertical center-line of the body...and vertically from the level of the eyes...

TubePattyFR72ElbowPositionCompAG1.gif

Patty's elbow reaches to a position that an 'average human's'...(like Heironimus, and Tube)...simply cannot reach to.

One thing to note, about the 'level of the eyes' in Frame 72, is that there is some vertical foreshortening, in that image, causing Patty's head to appear lower than it actually is...

PattyCiba72Patty307HeadHeightComp1.jpg

That is the reason why I placed the line for Patty's eyes slightly higher than where it looks like it should go, in Frame 72.

Edited by SweatyYeti

xspider1

If SY wants to disprove his claim then test his claim.

News Flash: Sweaty is testing those claims. Which is far better than continually adding more and more parts to some fictitious suit that, if it ever existed, would look beyond ridiculous. The latest PGF suit part addition only hurts the MagicBob case even further:

post-131-048079200 1303101880_thumb.jpg

Really parn, really!??

And, did you forget about these other tests:

post-131-006335100 1303100967_thumb.jpg

Of course, the skeptics can't be blamed for not referring very often to any of the recreation attempts. As with Sweaty's tests, the actual data speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

In this gif I posted the other day, concerning the outline of Patty's right hand...

Frame350Fr352ArmLengthAGSmall4.gif

...it looks as though the arm is shorter than it appears in other Frames of the film...and her right hand ends abruptly...as though the fingers are in a 'curled-up' position.

So, I put together another animated-gif...(using 'Copy 8 Scans'...courtesy of Bill Munns)....that show Patty's right hand, in the Frames around Frame 352...

Copy8FR352WalkAG2B.gif

Patty's arm seems to look slightly shorter on the back-swing, than it does in the first two Frames, of the gif.

If that is actually the case, it may be due to Patty's fingers 'curling-up', as her arm swings backwards.

Here are just 3 of the Frames from the gif above...where it appears as though Patty's right hand bends at the wrist, as her arm moves past the leg...

Copy8FR352WalkAGShortRepeatLined1.gif

The yellow lines are only highlighting the upper-arm and the forearm, to show approximately where the elbow is located...and showing how Patty may have an exceptionally short forearm.

If that is the case...it would be a major problem for Heironimus...because, in order for his arm to equal the length of Patty's arm...an extension would be required...and an extension would leave Bob with an exceptionally long forearm.....the exact opposite of what we (seem to) see, on Patty.

SweatyYeti

Late Edit... :rolleyes: ...

One other thing to note, about that gif...I had erased part of the background, that was overlapping Patty's right hand, when the hand is further back...and in doing so, I unintentionally created a slightly distorted outline of Patty's butt....thereby creating an impression of movement, in the butt. BUT, you can disregard that appearance of movement.

Guest ThePattyArcade

Hi,

I showed my father (who knows nothing about Bigfoot or the PGF) a photo taken from the PGF and the first thing he pointed out was Patty's arm length. A lot of Bigfoot sightings report a creature with arms down to its knees, but as far as I can tell, Patty's arms only come down to her thigh. Or am I seeing things wrong here?

Mr SweatyYeti, thank you for starting this thread

Edited by ThePattyArcade

SweatyYeti

Hi,

I showed my father (who knows nothing about Bigfoot or the PGF) a photo taken from the PGF and the first thing he pointed out was Patty's arm length.

A lot of Bigfoot sightings report a creature with arms down to its knees, but as far as I can tell, Patty's arms only come down to her thigh. Or am I seeing things wrong here?

Mr SweatyYeti, thank you for starting this thread

You're welcome, PattyArcade... :) There is a lot to look at, regarding Patty''s arm, hand and fingers....it should make for an interesting thread.

And hopefully, we can at least figure out whether Patty's arms are "unusually long", or not... :wacko:

PattyArcade wrote:

Patty's arms only come down to her thigh. Or am I seeing things wrong here?

Patty's fingers don't reach down to her knees, but they do reach a few inches further down on the thighs, than an 'average human's' do.

Sweaty wrote:

"In this gif I posted the other day, concerning the outline of Patty's right hand..."

While you were concentrating on Patty's right hand in this shot I couldn't help noticing (taking in to account poor quality of film, artifacts, etc, etc and not being a Patty-basher myself) how poor the left hand looks - no fingers or hands visible at all. Maybe I'll go back and watch the whole clip one more time...

Edited by tuckybuzzard

Sweaty - you know I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when I was reviewing these images that the right hand was curled up, just like the left hand, which is rather obvious, the left that is. Perhaps it was a nervous reaction to encountering these pesky humans.

Good job BTW. I see a lot of rebuttals to what you are doing but none that hold any weight.

As I have said before some are tied to the BH/hoax wagon so tightly it would take a monsoon to unhitch it.

Sweaty wrote:

"In this gif I posted the other day, concerning the outline of Patty's right hand..."

While you were concentrating on Patty's right hand in this shot I couldn't help noticing (taking in to account poor quality of film, artifacts, etc, etc and not being a Patty-basher myself) how poor the left hand looks - no fingers or hands visible at all. Maybe I'll go back and watch the whole clip one more time...

Look closely..she is kinda sorta making a fist with the left hand..

Edited by Thickfoot