SweatyYeti

Patty's Arms And Hands

PBeaton

Look closely..she is kinda sorta making a fist with the left hand..

Thickfoot,

I believe left hand appears in a almost scoop position, just my opinion of what I see.

Pat...

wolftrax

Here are just 3 of the Frames from the gif above...where it appears as though Patty's right hand bends at the wrist, as her arm moves past the leg...

Copy8FR352WalkAGShortRepeatLined1.gif

The yellow lines are only highlighting the upper-arm and the forearm, to show approximately where the elbow is located...and showing how Patty may have an exceptionally short forearm.

lol how did you arrive at this "Approximate" elbow location that belies human or ape or hominid anatomy?

PBeaton

Giganto

In the same tone as your post

I guess you didn't read my post or sweaty's or perhaps it's your lack of anatomical and anthropological training that prevents your understanding. Either way let me go over it again. Sweaty presents two figures scaled to the same height.

If Bob H. And PattyBob are the same height and PattyBob's fingertips reach mid thigh just as a human mans do in normal walkig posture (not the distorted Lookback frame); and if Bob H. Is a normal human man with normal to long arms as judged by his sleeve length of 35 inches then where can Sweaty go in trying to show that Bob H. can't be PattyBob because of a discrepancy in hand and arm length? Well, the only place he can go is to not consider bob H.'s claim that he as PattyBob was wearing shoulder pads.

"perhaps it's your lack of anatomical and anthropological traing that prevents your understanding." ????? Right arm foreward...right leg is where? Wouldn't be so quick to critisize.

Pat...

SweatyYeti

While you were concentrating on Patty's right hand in this shot I couldn't help noticing (taking in to account poor quality of film, artifacts, etc, etc and not being a Patty-basher myself) how poor the left hand looks - no fingers or hands visible at all.

Maybe I'll go back and watch the whole clip one more time...

Patty's left hand blends into the white-ish background...but, it is visible....(in the image on the left, her left hand is 'glowing', due to overexposure)...

PattysLeftHand2.jpg

Thickfoot wrote:

Sweaty - you know I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when I was reviewing these images that the right hand was curled up, just like the left hand, which is rather obvious, the left that is. Perhaps it was a nervous reaction to encountering these pesky humans.

Good job BTW. I see a lot of rebuttals to what you are doing but none that hold any weight.

As I have said before some are tied to the BH/hoax wagon so tightly it would take a monsoon to unhitch it.

Thanks, Thickfoot. It looks to me like Patty is both curling her right hand at the wrist, and curling her fingers up...as she's turning her head to look at Roger, and swinging her arm backwards.

And given the fact that Patty's hand is a few inches beyond where a human's hand would be, inside a "suit"....this action of the hand seems to be more indicative of a real hand....than a person operating some type of device inside a 'suit hand', while turning to 'look back', and maintaining an unnatural "gorilla/Bigfoot walk".

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

wolftrax wrote:

lol how did you arrive at this "Approximate" elbow location that belies human or ape or hominid anatomy?

Simple...just looked at a Frame, or two...and put the information contained in them together...

PattyArmBendProportionsCompAG2.gif

Here is a comparison of the 'arm proportion', between Patty and Bob....with some measurements...dividing the 'length of the forearm' by the 'length of the upper-arm'...

PattyBobArmProportionCompAG5.gif

The 2nd measurement on Bob...(the longer yellow line)...is showing what the proportion would be with his forearm extended by 2-3"....(required, to make his overall 'arm length' equal to Patty's.

The beauty of this comparison is that, in order for a person with an arm of 'average length/proportions' to match Patty's arm length....their arm proportion must be significantly thrown-off.

With the result of the 'arm extension' making the forearm...(not including the hand)...as long as the upper arm....while Patty's forearm measures shorter than her upper-arm.

Edited by SweatyYeti

BobZenor

I believe you may be right SweatyYeti. It could be foreshortening, if that is the right term, since it might be facing away at an angle. It would make sense though.

The same feature is found in Neanderthals and...

...Their build suggested the possibility of cold adaptations, being very robust or stockily built with the lower legs and forearms short. A similar feature is found in modern-human cold-adapted races, such as Eskimos, and serves to reduce heat loss through the extremities. ...

http://www.ecotao.com/holism/hu_neand.htm

Guest Blackdog

No I asked specifically about Sweaty's .gif.

I asked you about Sweaty's analysis but you plugged in your own. I didn't ask for that.

I didn't think that was a tough question, I guess I was wrong. Do you have a problem criticizing Sweaty's analysis?

The very least you could have done is use his .gif to illustrate your answer.

What exactly kept you from doing that?

You don't want to critique Sweaty's work?

Funny how that works.

Edited by Blackdog

You mean his comparison of Matt to Patty? And whether the implication is that Patty's arms are longer than his? Did he get their scaling right? etc.

Ans: yes, I think he got their scaling pretty close. Face it, Patty's arms are approx. 10% longer than at least 2 people her approx. height. Her legs measure approx. 10% shorter than these 2 people. Her girth measure to be greater than 10% of these people. But that's just my informal opinion measuring a few frames that I have registered.

What do you want BD, if not my direct opinion regarding Sweaty's graphic supported with some relevant graphics of my own? Too much info for you? And exactly why do you care so much?

wolftrax

wolftrax wrote:

Simple...just looked at a Frame, or two...and put the information contained in them together...

PattyArmBendProportionsCompAG2.gif

Really? Because it looks like your elbow is changing:

Copy8FR352WalkAGShortRepeatLined1.gif

Not only that, but in your arm bend you're going to the furthest point that is sticking out, which could be hair or an errant pad.

Edited by wolftrax

wolftrax

I believe you may be right SweatyYeti. It could be foreshortening, if that is the right term, since it might be facing away at an angle. It would make sense though.

You're talking about a very small percentage there and not anything like what Sweaty is trying to prove.

parnassus

You mean his comparison of Matt to Patty? And whether the implication is that Patty's arms are longer than his? Did he get their scaling right? etc.

Ans: yes, I think he got their scaling pretty close. Face it, Patty's arms are approx. 10% longer than at least 2 people her approx. height. Her legs measure approx. 10% shorter than these 2 people. Her girth measure to be greater than 10% of these people. But that's just my informal opinion measuring a few frames that I have registered.

tubeglove.gif

tubepatty308.gif

tubetibhgt.gif

Gig

When you place your dots wrong you get the wrong results. Your "knee", or whatever you call it, is placed too low, clearly. Its laughable. Seriously. Leg too short? Lol. You are just talking about dots that you can't correlate with actual anatomy and connecting them with lines. But please submit your findings to a refereed journal. You and SY.

And of course you put the "shoulder" dot up high. You're really just making guesses based on your assumption that there are no shoulder pads. Of what use is that? It's begging the question, circular reasoning, pick whichever term you choose. If you assume it's not a man wearing shoulder pads and place your dots accordingly then your results will show it's not a man in shoulder pads . Arms too long. Not to mention all the screwed up structures in that shoulder you're ignoring (yes, anatomy).

You disappoint me, frankly.

Gig

When you place your dots wrong you get the wrong results. Your "knee", or whatever you call it, is placed too low, clearly. Its laughable. Seriously. Leg too short? Lol. You are just talking about dots that you can't correlate with actual anatomy and connecting them with lines. But please submit your findings to a refereed journal. You and SY.

And of course you put the "shoulder" dot up high. You're really just making guesses based on your assumption that there are no shoulder pads. Of what use is that? It's begging the question, circular reasoning, pick whichever term you choose. If you assume it's not a man wearing shoulder pads and place your dots accordingly then your results will show it's not a man in shoulder pads . Arms too long. Not to mention all the screwed up structures in that shoulder you're ignoring (yes, anatomy).

You disappoint me, frankly.

:( Oh no, I've been schooled by a guy who has no credibility, IMHO. :D Why don't you post where you think all the joints are, scale the images accordingly and let your graphics do your talkin?

SweatyYeti

...Their build suggested the possibility of cold adaptations, being very robust or stockily built with the lower legs and forearms short.

A similar feature is found in modern-human cold-adapted races, such as Eskimos, and serves to reduce heat loss through the extremities. ...

Thanks, Bob....that's interesting information, about Neanderthal's limb proportions. I knew they had thicker bones, as an adaptation for the cold...but I don't recall reading about their fore-limbs being shorter, in proportion.

As for possible 'foreshortening' of Patty's forearm, in this image...I don't think there is very much, at all, because of the shadow of the arm, on the side of her leg...

PattyElbowLegShadow.jpg

It looks as though Patty's forearm is hanging down beside her leg, for the most part...and only 'angled inwards', to a small degree.

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

Really? Because it looks like your elbow is changing:

Really? Not by much... :) ...

PattyTwoFrameElbowComparisonAG1.gif

In the post where I posted that image...(with the two yellow lines)...I described the 'elbow location' as being "approximate"...

The yellow lines are only highlighting the upper-arm and the forearm, to show approximately where the elbow is located...and showing how Patty may have an exceptionally short forearm.

You have a good eye for 'error', wolftrax... ;) ....you picked-out an error of a few pixels, in my "approximation" of Patty's elbow joint.

Now, here's a challenge for ya'.....there is an ERROR in how Heironimus's 'lower arm' measures up, when he's put inside a suit which would match Patty's total 'arm length'.

The resultant 'arm proportion' doesn't come anywhere near matching Patty's.

Can you figure out....and SHOW us all....wherein that ERROR lies??? :D

xspider1

You are just talking about dots that you can't correlate with actual anatomy and connecting them with lines.

parn - How do you continually miss the fact that legs bend at the knees and arms pivot at the shoulder joints?? Honestly, as much fun as it is to watch your debunk attempts get flailed like a moth in a hurricane, can you provide something (anything) that makes even the slightest dent, what-so-ever? Just sayin...

• Upvote 1