SWWASAS

Check Out Bfro Report 41601 Montana Habitation

bipedalist

For you Montana bigfooters, get out there and find the evidence yourself:  http://www.montanabigfoot.com/expeditions/

And for the record, habituations aside, this is the best Montana BFRO sighting hands=down: http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=33257

And also for the record, I investigated weather reports for the area that general time period and it was that cold. 

Edited by bipedalist

keninsc

Ken your rants speak for themselves.   "Looking to shoot a bigfoot" and "drunken rednecks" are your words not mine.     Google "BFRO armed with AK-47 shoots at bigfoot"      You think the BFRO publishes or condones that kind of thing in their website?.     Like I said it is a diverse organization and like any other group have people that likely do not comply with their rules.  I would expect they would kick someone like that out if they knew about it.   

How considerate of you to allow me to carry a weapon.    I forgot to ask for permission for that and to relate a witness account I was asked about.    I should check with you next time before I post anything as you consider yourself some sort of censor.   

Rant? What rant? I pointed out that the story is BS, which it is and I also pointed out that you know it's BS but you post it up anyway. Then you go off on a couple different tangents that really have nothing to do with what I posted. Now, it seems that you cannot grasp why I'm calling the story balderdash. You know why it is? It's stupid and high schoolish thinking like this that has permeated the Bigfoot community at large and kept real science from getting involved for so many years. Real science doesn't want to become attached to some school boy's idle gossip spreading.

Instead of stating it as such, you offered it up under the guise of "you be the judge", ?"You decide for yourself", then dance off to watch the fun. It's that sort of mentality that keeps any of it from being taken seriously, and the failure of the Community at large to brand it for what it is and condemn it. But no, hellfire you're having too much fun, couldn't be that.

Midnight Owl

I think you hit on a great point SWSWASA...prospective shooters do not consider what consequences their actions could have on other innocent third parties.  Most feel they are dealing with a dumb subject far too stupid to connect the dots.  I have a personal case-in-point that suggests otherwise.

I was with my lovely wife, her cousin and a dear family friend in the woods near Honobia Oklahoma.  I noticed a side peeker about 50 yards away and approached closer to them, hoping to give the other three folks their first visual sighting.  I was met with an angry growl, which stopped me in my tracks.  This was the first time I have ever had this happen to me.  It was very aggressive sounding and shocked the other three.  When a second, even more intense growl sounded, I knew it was time to back out of there!  One of the others had already started making tracks out of there!

This puzzled me until I later learned our location was less than a mile from where an attempted shooting had occurred several weeks earlier.  Some folks wouldn't care one way or another.  What if they were successful in killing one, how would they feel learning a young camper, hiker or child was later injured or killed in the same shooting area?   What if a series of unexplained attacks occurred after their shooting actions?  Just something I think should be considered carefully...        

If I were to have a habituation site where my chid(ren)'s safety was threatened I would have no problem removing the problem animals in any way possible. If that meant an entire family of Bigfoot had to go to the great forest in the sky......so be it. Would I be able to kill one that has not harmed me? That I cannot answer seeing as how i have never had an encounter with one. Thanks for the links to the reports, real or not they are definitely worth a read.

Yes indeed, wowzers, that was quite a report. Certainly one of the more rich accounts of late.

It's worth noting, though, that the report has done been up an' yoinked clean offa the BFRO site. Glad I saved it. There's a handful of pretty obvious reasons why a report would be deleted, but in this case, after reading it again, I suspect the witness was uncomfortable due to privacy concerns. While the report was explicitly vague about the location, an in-the-loop local would have a slam-dunk shot at identifying the witness from the info given. The BFRO investigator's comments offered enough clues in addition to the witness report to expose the witness.

If the account is earnest 1) one would hope a significant effort at documentation is underway, and 2) I wish I lived there.

NCBFr

If I were to have a habituation site where my chid(ren)'s safety was threatened I would have no problem removing the problem animals in any way possible. If that meant an entire family of Bigfoot had to go to the great forest in the sky......so be it. Would I be able to kill one that has not harmed me? That I cannot answer seeing as how i have never had an encounter with one. Thanks for the links to the reports, real or not they are definitely worth a read.

+1

I must say my beliefs on the whole kill/no kill things did a complete 180 when I thought there was a chance one was stalking my daughters.  

SWWASAS

Midnight Owl you make my point very well.    Most likely a shooter is not even going to be able to connect the dots and accept that their shooting attempt caused the BF to take revenge.     The other thing some people do not seem to get is that the musculature of a mature male BF is very unlike a deer or elk.    A BF might weigh what an elk weighs but most of the musculature seems to be in the upper body where the shot placement for a kill shot would be.    So without an adequate weapon the chance for just wounding is very high.    Throw in some excitement, and unsteady, misplaced shot, and it goes even higher.    I cannot think of anything more dangerous maybe than an elephant that has been shot or a previously wounded BF.     That sort of thing might explain why there are some very aggressive BF encounters in some areas and other areas they are reclusive and very passive.       My principal area of investigation is posted no shooting because of all the human hiking trails in the area.    So until some recent logging the local BF were probably not under a lot of stress.    Something changed there over time and the only thing I am aware of is the extensive logging.    But it certainly could have been something else.  

NCBRR I am a bit reluctant to even bring up the subject but where young women are concerned, BF interest might be sexual in nature.     There are enough anecdotal reports to suggest that.   That is just as dangerous as predation if kidnapping happens.     The conjecture (there is no proof that I know of) is that BF tribes have a dominant male like gorilla tribes who control access to females.     So young males are under considerable tension in that circumstance.    I really don't know where this came from, other than people assume BF societies are similar to other large apes.    That is an interesting theory but there is not a lot of even anecdotal evidence to support it. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

OKBFFan

Yanked from the bfro before I got to read it. Makes me wonder...could it have bedn yanked because someone realized it was bull??

And for the record, habituations aside, this is the best Montana BFRO sighting hands=down: http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=33257

And also for the record, I investigated weather reports for the area that general time period and it was that cold.

Awesome siting!!

JKH

It was pulled because the location was easily located. It's another cautionary tale about sharing too much.

Edited by JKH