Sign in to follow this  
gershake

Vermont Trail Cam Picture Revealed

Mr. Dranginis, I just happened to listen to your Bigfoot Tonight show appearence tonight and relived your experience for the 100th time. You have never waivered or elaborated on your experience in all these years and I trust your expertise with these cameras. As much as I want to believe we caught a squatch here, I must defer to your expertise with these cameras.

Guest VaBigfoot

Mr. Dranginis, I just happened to listen to your Bigfoot Tonight show appearence tonight and relived your experience for the 100th time. You have never waivered or elaborated on your experience in all these years and I trust your expertise with these cameras. As much as I want to believe we caught a squatch here, I must defer to your expertise with these cameras.

Thank you for the kind words Squatchaholic. You're correct about the 100th time, you can't waiver when the truth is involved, what we witnessed that day was a flesh and blood Bigfoot/Sasquatch creature. Just like you, I am a Squatchaholic, it's amazing how 12 seconds can re-direct one's life. I wish I knew something about website building as I have so much information I could post. My website was built by a web designer and uses some of his own coding so to make changes it costs money, unfortunately, all my funds have been used for camera design, thermal cameras, research vehicles and a remote property where I conduct some testing of equipment. This summer I plan to take a class on web building so I can build my own site and post some of the interesting information I have learned over the years.

My thoughts on the trail cam pic are my own developed from working with camera systems and dealing with hoaxes and hoaxers. Unfortunately, hoaxers will be with us for a long time. But again, I am basing my thoughts about trail cam picture based on camera knowledge and what hoaxers are capable of, that why I think this is a hoax, not by the property owner, but a neighbor or friend. Between the two, I think it's a neighbor. I’m grateful to Steve for posting the information so others can examine it and learn from it. I may be totally off base with my thoughts about the picture, but it’s great that we can all weigh in and discuss it here on the BFF.

William

Guest ajciani

An interesting photo. Again, demonstrating that the IR illuminators on game cameras are under powered.

The subject clearly has motion blur; a more-or-less up-down motion. It also appears to be blurred with both up and down motions, possibly the picture started as the subject was moving down, and then the subject reacted to sounds from the camera, and started rising up.

The hand has the least motion blur, probably because it was fixed on the ground for most of the exposure. The thumb is stuck toward the ground, and the fingers are slightly curled in. It almost looks as though the subject is reaching for the bright bit, to pick it up. Possibly, it had weight on the thumb and knuckles.

It is, without a doubt, a human form.

There is also an extra object, of apparently the same material and texture, clinging to and under the subject's left arm.

The reflectivity looks about right for hair in the near IR. I have seen IR photography where dark hair looks about that gray, but I have also seen dark hair look dark in IR. It is certainly not an IR absorbing synthetic material, or an IR reflecting synthetic material. That is, it has the appearance of a natural animal fiber.

My first, second, and third take on the bright spots about the left shoulder and back, is entangled plant matter (leaves). Some of it appears to be on top of the fur, and some of it appears to be under the fur.

dopelyrics

Hello there,

Well it's a very interesting photo, that's for sure. At first I couldn't make out anything at all. But now I can see both the owl form and a human-like form :S

I think it looks more human-looking now though. However, I do not see a "furry five digit hand" clinging to the "left arm". I see a knee, with the left arm in front of it. The figure appears to be squating down, perhaps bearing its weight on its left hand.

VABigfoot's explanation seems a sound one, but I know nothing about cameras and possibly even less about Bigfoot!

VABigfoot - is there any where I can hear about your sighting? It sounds fascinating.

Best regards,

Lee

bipedalist

Thanks for weighing in William, good observations about the reflectance of clothing. Personally, I was more puzzled of the picture than definitive about what it could be. The thought that it could have been an owl attacking a four legged animal (feline as good as another) did hit me early on in the view, as well as the rounded central shape that could have been the back of an owl head.

Taking away from that would be the legs/arms being near or touching an apple.

With VaBigfoot weighing in on fiber characteristics under IR lighting specifically detergent residues....that one now seems to have wings with the owl theory.

Sure hope it's not hoaxing but I suppose further testing would be in order perhaps with a camera that can rapidfire.

Thanks for throwing this picture out there for viewing SD and Chris.

Interesting, thread so far.

We looked into this particular aspect of those patches or reflectiveness. I appreciate your input very much so Bill.

hat.JPGhat2.JPG

My ear nor my hat have anything reflective on it. And in the second pic you can see the difference and my hat is a one color hat. There is nothing reflective in my hat. And I'm not close to the camera at all. In fact, what we are seeing as "reflective" could actually be dark.

As far as the neighbor thing and such...we talked about that on the program last night. Now I don't mean to get on a high horse, but saying something is being hoaxed by a neighbor, is a bit presumptuous. Unless you've been to the area, you really have no perspective of the "neighborhood" and their propensity for having a a fair amount of firearms at the ready.

One other interesting note is, get in the position of the subject in the picture. Now try to put your right arm on the ground while keeping that position as it is in the photo. IT DON"T WORK. That's why in the comparison pic, my back is not turned to the camera. If I did that my right arm would not reach the ground by almost a foot.

Gigantor.... take a look at the yote's tail...it's casting a small leading edge shadow to it's, and so was I when I was doing a size shot in that same vicinity. Dr. Mac. covered that.

In the two pictures above also note the shadows my head was casting and arm.

Well no matter... the whole idea here I suppose is NOT to get stuck in one train of thought. And this thread definitely has me thinking of the next steps to either prove or disprove or better yet, to decipher what is occurring in this photo. This was the idea of going public with it.

Ultimately it may come down to what happens this summer/fall.

slabdog

Steve:

First off: Nice Job!

The image is very interesting.

It means a lot that you were as deliberate and careful as you were, especially with regard to the timing of the release and the length of time that you held your mud.

As I digest this image though, I do have a slight concern that maybe you can help me sort through in my mind. (And it has nothing to do with the image)

Being a skeptical guy yourself, why did you choose Dr. Bruce MacCabee to do your image analysis?

The fact that he has a long involvement in UFO studies will likely not lend a strong hand of credibility in the eyes of skeptics (which...I am sure is just the opposite of what you actually want)

Was he the only expert of his calibre that would help?

Was he the only expert of his calibre that would do it for less than a king's ransom?

or was it because you knew him from the past and YOU trust him?

Not trying to cast suspicion, just wondering.....because i know others will eventually ask

Again, Nice job on the investigation so far!

Slabdog

P.S.

After reading Bill Dranginis's comments, you two should should collaborate on this image ASAP!

Edited by slabdog

Guest tracker

Of course the investigation continues on this summer into fall..so the way I see it, maybe we get some backup, maybe we get it debunked, maybe we get bupkis and we still remain stumped.

But at least we're not looking at a "BlobSquatch," Tree stump, shadow, just a hairy "arm" or "leg." At least we have something worthwhile to discuss and wait and see what transpires.

Let's not forget that this area is active in Sassy sightings as well including 2 in the last 12 years only 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the trail cam's location.

I would say that this is no more provable than a mountain lion wrestling a raccoon with an alligator as special guest referee (hey there's a lake across the road)than it is definitely 100% a Squatch.

But it does make me wonder, knowing the history of that area. And you all know what a ^*$*%#!! I am when it comes to photos and video for that matter.

If Franks got a 7' 600 lb jokester neighbour with a kid willing to risk getting shot at trying to pull off this hoax. Than it's one of the best hoaxes ever. Were never going to get a perfect picture, so i like the pic for what it is. You guys can continue to debate I am moving on. I got some other things on my mind: :)

Hey that female has a youngling that will be walking around on it's own now, wandering off even if it survived the winter. If you follow? ;)

Guest bsruther

This picture is less than I hoped for, but more than I expected. I think it's either a hoax or the real deal. I just can't see this being a subject that is close to the camera, like the Kentucky birdfoot pic. This thing looks huge, I'm having a hard time imagining it being a person.

I can't see some of the things being pointed out by others, but I see some things that appear to be happening that I haven't seen pointed out.

To me, it almost seems that the head is in full turn motion, as the pic is being snapped, giving a double exposure of the face and back of head, at the same time.

The subjects position, on the ground to me, appears to be sort of half laying down, ala skookum, with the camera looking down it's back, at an angle.

What is the dark thing, on the ground, at the bottom of the pic? It appears to have a smooth edge.

Thanks to all involved in bringing this pic forward.

slabdog

And...by the way....I can finally see "the owl"

not say'n thats what it is...but I can finally see it now.

;)

50opticalillusions.jpg

Bring on the red circles! What the heck is THIS? It's not in the coyote or comparison photos.

RedCircle.jpg

Guest bsruther

It also seems that the branches of the pine tree are being slightly raised, by contact from the subject.

Apple and infant left hand?

Sorry about my crappy circle. I was talking about the dark stick-like object at the bottom.

Sign in to follow this