Sign in to follow this  
gershake

Vermont Trail Cam Picture Revealed

roguefooter

^Well it certainly could be a different kind of bird, but I'm 100% convinced it's a bird nonetheless. That section of foot/leg and the skin pattern on it isn't just some anomaly.

• Upvote 1

Rockape

I think it's just someone in a ghille suit.

That bird foot looks more like snake skin to me. The pattern isn't right for a bird foot. Birds have wrinkly looking rings perpendicular to the axis of each digit mass. This look more reticulated, as in pet python or something.

The question is why so many different things are in and out of focus. some moving and some not. Something moving at night would be blurred as would something too close to the camera. The closer an object is to the camera the more angular motion in the same time period. But right on top of the stuff blurred is something that is fairly sharp and motionless, as are some things underneath.

An Owl that has swooped down for something, like something fighting with a snake at night might be moving faster than the other objects though. But even owl feet have feathers on them. I don't see any feathers at all in this image. I also don't see have pattern in the fur, hair or feathers. The whits spots don't even fit a pattern, they are more like reflections from a flash close by. There is the hint of a shadow in some spots.

If you follow the paths of blurriness you see that a few things are traveling in different directions. The paw like object seems to be moving towards the camera, the major object in the foreground with the highlights seems to be either moving up or down, relative to the picture orientation, the objects underneath, including the "foot" don't seem to be moving at all. Has anyone seen a picture where a bird in motion has so many different moving parts, in different directions? 

The "foot" could also be the bare skin on the bottom of a different type of animal, something attempting to get up from a sitting position, which would have different parts of the body moving in different directions and some not moving at all. Then there is the tree that doesn't fruit but the ground has fruit laying like it just dropped from somewhere.

Why put up a camera in that position, pointing towards the fruit on the ground? Owls would go after a snake, but a snake would not go after fruit. A deer would go after the fruit but the hair, fur or feathers don't look like whats on deer.

post-85-0-38205100-1428371621.gif

Edited by damndirtyape

roguefooter

That bird foot looks more like snake skin to me.

Well after some more research I found a matching raptor foot. Some have a reptilian pattern, not exactly sure what kind of raptor the foot belongs to. Notice the similarity:

2eluhja.jpg

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this