Sign in to follow this  
gershake

Vermont Trail Cam Picture Revealed

snuffy.jpg

Snuffleupagas !!!!

(sorry just jokin around....!!!)

Hmm, its an interesting photo, but to me there's something weird about it- there are a couple areas where things are protruding where they shouldnt, and others where they should be and are not... and some areas look blurred like its in motion, but right next to that spot is clear like its stationary.....

Id like to spend some time reviewing it and see if i can come up with my own theory- for now its like looking at one of those "Escher" pictures... cant really figure out what im lookin at.....

gigantor

Interesting. My take:

It looks like two animals fighting over an apple. Maybe a raccoon on the bottom and an owl swooping in to steal the apple... whichever animal is on the bottom, you can see it's back legs on the left and they are on focus because it's not moving very fast. The owl is moving fast and it's left wing/body are out of focus.

Guest tracker

It's a little shaggier than what i've seen, could be it's position? huge muscular back and cone shape head, infant hands and partial body underneath, no sign of zippers or sagging suit. It's even got defects bare skin reflecting the light. What's not to like?

BfCoyotegamecam.jpg?t=1303093098

Thanks Chris, Steve and of course Frank !

Interesting. My take:

It looks like two animals fighting over an apple. Maybe a raccoon on the bottom and an owl swooping in to steal the apple... whichever animal is on the bottom, you can see it's back legs on the left and they are on focus because it's not moving very fast. The owl is moving fast and it's left wing/body are out of focus.

There will be all kind of opinions on this photo, I (of course), realize.... especially here. I just want to point out this tidbit of info:

http://wiki.answers....owls_eat_Apples

It is possible, it was a very hairy, shaggy, muscular owl... that decided it could take the raccoon or whatever critter.. on the bottom^_^

Seriously though, I think it is the most interesting trail cam photo... that I've seen yet. Now.... back to the usual debunking.

gigantor

so you agree there are two animals?

ChrisBFRPKY

I've spent alot of time trying to determine what it isn't. The owl concept was my first thought to debunk this one as well gigantor.

The problem is, whatever it is, it's on the ground, and a good distance from the camera according to the photo expert. So, the owl explanation "doesn't fly".

The mass would seem to indicate something large but the "bear" explanation doesn't fit either. Shoulders are too broad and there's no ear(s) sticking up on the possible head area.

The most disturbing thing I have seen when I tried to debunk the photo is that there seems to be another smaller something hanging on the front of the big something. It looks to me that there are some sort of digits touching the ground from the "small thing" These digits are pretty easy to make out to my eye but I don't know if we're looking at fingers or toes?

Again, it's got me stumped. I tend to agree with Dr. Bruce Maccabee's opinion that we're either looking at a real creature or a hoax. Given Frank's background as a man of great character with little desire for fame, and the knowledge that only Frank and his wife knew of the trail cam placement on his private property. I don't think this one is a hoax. I believe we're looking at the real thing. Chris B

masterbarber

At face value and fwiw, I get the impression it's a feline and some sort of fowl in a fight. The distance explanation coupled with the motion blur of the "fowl" like object may be problematic, If I understand the expert's opinion correctly, so I'm not convinced it's very large. I see what looks like a cat's paw in the lower left possibly grabbing (at) the fowl. JMHO.

Thepattywagon

Looks like Sasquatch HAS discovered fire, and this one got a bit too close to it while roasting marsh rabbits.

First thing I noticed was what appears to be an extra hand (small) underneath.

People of course will be natural skeptics and they should be.

But we have a PhD who looked at this. The size again is not an optical illusion. The leading edge shadow proves that its close to the ground and was also there with my comparison shot using the same camera.

This was not Dr. M's opinion, this was a scientist, using science to prove something, actually in FAVOR of a Squatch. Yet people still don't want to accept it's not a bird?

If this was something in a fight, the blur would have been more severe. Proved that with a blur test pic and Dr. M. confirmed that as well.

I did this analysis fully aware I was going to stick with the PhD. said. He's the expert. Not me. If he said it could be a bird... that would have been it cased closed. But he didn't.

Of course the investigation continues on this summer into fall..so the way I see it, maybe we get some backup, maybe we get it debunked, maybe we get bupkis and we still remain stumped.

But at least we're not looking at a "BlobSquatch," Tree stump, shadow, just a hairy "arm" or "leg." At least we have something worthwhile to discuss and wait and see what transpires.

Let's not forget that this area is active in Sassy sightings as well including 2 in the last 12 years only 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the trail cam's location.

I would say that this is no more provable than a mountain lion wrestling a raccoon with an alligator as special guest referee (hey there's a lake across the road)than it is definitely 100% a Squatch.

But it does make me wonder, knowing the history of that area. And you all know what a ^*$*%#!! I am when it comes to photos and video for that matter.

Guest VaBigfoot

I would have the property owner talk to his neighbors to see who the wise guy is that’s hoaxing him. This is defiantly a hoax and here are my reasons why.

That particular game camera uses an infrared flash and the camera CCD has the ability to see into the near infrared wavelengths. What most people don't know is that certain fabrics and or dyes "reflect" infrared light so they look white even though the fabric may look black during daylight to the naked eye. Also, some common laundry detergents leave residue on newly washed clothes, these residues reflect infrared light. The white areas around the subjects shoulder region are a dead giveaway of infrared reflectance of the cameras flash off of something like a fabric of some sort. Unfortunately, the person doing the hoaxing didn't know about infrared reflecting fabrics that can only be seen using an infrared sensing camera. This is why I don't think the property owner is doing the hoaxing, otherwise he would have seen the "white" undergarment in his photos and tried to figure a way to darken the light areas. I think a neighbor or friend is hoaxing him but didn't know about the infrared reflective material. Also notice the straight or slightly curved lines around the undergarment, the lines are way too symmetrical to be found in nature, especially some type of animal, hopefully my pictures will demonstrate this effect. What you will see is a black motorcycle jacket in the visible light spectrum and then a picture taken with a near infrared camera, the difference is obvious. I’m surprised Dr. Bruce MacCabee didn’t pick up on this, it’s possible he just doesn’t know about the infrared reflectance in some clothing and dyes. I’ve experimented with camo clothing using ultraviolet and near infrared cameras, you would be surprised how different the camo looks when viewed in wavelengths we can’t see, but some animals can.

William Dranginis

Manassas, VA.

www.VirginiaBigfootResearch.Org

post-108-061860500 1303100384_thumb.jpg

post-108-038494300 1303100397_thumb.jpg

this pic is driving me nuts... seriously !

to play "skeptics advocate" - let me point out some things i cant figure out... maybe Steve or someone else can help...

#1 where the butt area and legs should be ?? umm I dont see it... the back, yea... the giant head- yep.. (neck looks really skinny though.

People have suggested that what looks like a knee to me is something else with its hand wrapped around the left arm... If so, then where are the legs and chunko-butt that this large massive creature should have- its like the butt "area" is just hangin there, with no butt attached.... I mean- if im lookin at it right, it would almost appear like its falling towards the camera- that's the only position I can think of where the legs would be hidden the way they appear to be...

#2 if this is one creature- im lookin at the right shoulder, and it appears to be "pulled back" so that the clavicle is jutting out... but the arm is extended way down to the ground ?? Doesnt jive- it almost does look like something else behind whatever this is...

#3 between where the creature's chin/front of face and left shoulder- it almost looks like pine boughs??? (just to left and above of smaller paw/hand)

Did Frank remark about any limbs or branches pulled off the pine tree behind the area???

#4 the head and chin.. if that is the head- its enourmous.. here's my problem. One of your callers tonight even mentioned it. If you look closely where the chin would be, and then go up.. it looks like theres a space there that goes like 3/4 of way through where there should be tissue/muscle... leaving only a small thin neck area... I can see why some people thought the head looks more like a wing of an owl...

#5 Lastly- and this may sound silly, but im bein honest here.. when i first brought the page up and looked at the pic- i thought it looked like one of those big furry moths you see sometimes in the summer... im not sayin i think its a moth- that was just my first reaction...

Im stumped... literally.. It looks like a mash up of 4 different creatures... but whatever it is, unless it is really tiny- i dont want to come across it in the night, in the ole apple orchard... I think id leave picking apples for daytime...!

Great show tonight Steve and Chris- it was very entertaining and you guys did a good job setting it all up, providing background info and context...

I really hope that further efforts to come up with more evidence in that area are "fruitful"... har har har.. pun intended.

G'night.

Art

gigantor

BfCoyotegamecam.jpg?t=1303093098

Squatchdetective,

Thanks for posting and sharing this pic, it does give us something new to talk about. I don't know what's in the pic, but it's fun to talk about it. I hope it's a BF, but don't think so.

In the pic above, the animal on the left is close to the ground and there is almost no shadow.

The animal on the right casts a shadow, thus it must be closer to the camera, probably much closer.

Sign in to follow this