Sign in to follow this  
gershake

Vermont Trail Cam Picture Revealed

Wheellug

The dark object towards the bottom.. I'm not sure how exactly yet.. but..

what if its a view of the foot sideways? The edge..It may be half way on the ground or has it's

ankle/foot rolled over for some reason, perhaps to not step on what may be a smaller foot just above it..

Still working it out..

masterbarber

Good luck to you, Steve. I know you'll give it 100% effort!

Guest believer

Sorry Efrum. I buzz thru this forum and missed this items. My first thought was big scat upon seeing the black item.

My gut says female with infant/toddler with instant reaction to the trail cam going off by rolling/moving to stand. Don't let that apple tree die.

What time does the sun go down there? 1230 seems early. Maybe it waited for the owner to hit the rack. Didn't want anymore bad apples:}

slabdog

If its a very recent pic I doubt snake, its still too chilly at night in PA that I doubt being that many more miles North they'd be out and about it.

It looks like whatever it is was off camera sitting nursing the smaller creature and went to stand up using its one forearm. But thats just my guess.

Unless I read the temperature data wrong, It looked like it was in the 90's that week.

Sorry Efrum. I buzz thru this forum and missed this items. My first thought was big scat upon seeing the black item.

Maybe the sound of the camera going off scared the poop out of it? :lol:

Seriously tho, looks like Frank would've found the scat still there. No mention of that.

Steve, very interesting picture! I'm leaning toward Sasquatch. It's massive to say the least. Why hoax carrying a little one? Wish it would have been a Reconyx rapid fire. Would have told a much clearer story. Good work man!

Guest DanielnKy

Wanted to post this link for the interview with the guy who owns the trail cam , very informative and discussed in detail

http://squatchdetectiveradio.com/

It appears to me that it is one "animal" and that it is squatting. It also looks like it is carrying something (foilage) in its right arm, with the right arm braced across the stomach. It also looks like the right hand is clenched.

I believe it has a youngster in tow clutching its left arm, thats the hand clenching

wolftrax

Heffalumps and woozles

heff_woozle.jpg

• Upvote 1

Heffalumps and woozles

heff_woozle.jpg

Thanks alot.. now ive got coffee all over my keyboard and monitor to clean up!

Did a classic "spit-take" when your post came up...

It's actually a very good sign to me that people can inject some humour into this discussion, without makin it personal and getting peoples "drawers in a bunch"....

On a serious note...

Im stuck on something... there seems to be two camps developing here- that its one creature or one creature with a youngster clinging to its front...

As far as the drawing that Mulder put up, to me, it is the best outline for it being one animal- where he has the knee marked- is where the hand gripping the left arm is to some people.. But if that's the case, then the creature we're looking at has no visible legs, and that seems odd to me...(more than odd- it would suggest whatever it is, is floating/flying).

I cannot tell you how long ive been lookin at this picture.. played around for well over an hour earlier... adjusting brightness, contrast, looking at it as a negative, adding color, this and that and this and that... and Im still just as confused as I was in the beginning. Im a very visually observant person- and I need the pieces to fit like a puzzle sometimes to see something clearly... and unfortuantely im still struggling with most of the theories put out as far as number of animals shown, what position they're in, and still trying to debunk (in my own mind) the idea of something flying/swooping in front of the camera....

I really hope Steve and whoever else is helping him up there come up with something additional this year.... If there's no apples on the tree- id be buying bunches of them at the store and have them out there all the time at this point. Spring has sprung, and critters are starting to move all over New England right now... So from here on out til the snow flies again, its time to get busy...!! We only get 5 months of warm weather up here each year... So we cant let it slip away.

Edited by Art1972

wolftrax

Tigger agrees

As not only the world's foremost expert of Heffalumps and Woozles, but the world's ONLY expert, that is powerful evidence. Of course, the skeptics cannot prove otherwise.

slabdog

I cannot tell you how long ive been lookin at this picture.. played around for well over an hour earlier... adjusting brightness, contrast, looking at it as a negative, adding color, this and that and this and that... and Im still just as confused as I was in the beginning. Im a very visually observant person- and I need the pieces to fit like a puzzle sometimes to see something clearly... and unfortuantely im still struggling with most of the theories put out as far as number of animals shown, what position they're in, and still trying to debunk (in my own mind) the idea of something flying/swooping in front of the camera....

how about this:

Since we have the camera, and we have the location and we can recreate the lighting, Maybe Steve or someone else should try to recreate the situation altogether using an object moving rapidly from high to low, or from a 45 degree angle from behind the camera to in front at a downward angle.

Over my computer as we speak is mounted a stuffed mallard and I am sure something like that (taxidermy bird of some sort) could recreate a bird in flight.

I would be interested to see how it looks on the digital shot as it swoops in.

Slabdog

Guest tirademan

Here's an animated gif I made with some of the photos. Obviously the shots don't line up perfectly, but I'd think the apples could be some guide for measurement, albeit not real definitive.Be aware that on the original comparison photo next to the coyote, the creature's photo is stretched horizontally...different than the other jpegs of the creature. Either that, or the other shots are squeezed horizontally. I noticed this when trying to line up the photos/trees. Anyway, I'm sure its been mentioned, but the white spots COULD BE skin. Since no one really knows what their skin is like, it can't be ruled out. IMHO. (click to animate) tirademan

post-325-075997100 1303161341_thumb.gif

Edited by tirademan

I'm with Tracker & Imonacan...female with a young one...it will be sad to watch the inevitable attempted debunking, so I won't.

:)

Titanpat57

I'm with Tracker & Imonacan...female with a young one...it will be sad to watch the inevitable attempted debunking, so I won't.

:)

I'm with this also...still in shock somewhat...

Guest Blackdog

Owlsquatch ©.

Just wanted to coin it first. :)

Sign in to follow this