Is Finding Bigfoot...

BFF Patron

I made a BFRO report about my first encounter and although a BFRO investigator has yet to contact me about that report or a subsequent report (it has been years now so I don't accept their we will get to you eventually excuse), a Finding BF producer did contact me about being on a show.   I considered it but at the time was very low profile with BF research,  did not want to reveal my research area to the world, and probably could not have been civil to Ranae if she questioned me like she does other witnesses.    So I declined the invitation to appear on the show.    They apparently stack the town hall meetings with people who have made reports in their area of investigation for a show.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I would definitely agree with you re: the more humans around the more cautious the bigfoot. I am still waiting to see the Alabama episode from the last weekend before last nights show. I have to wait for Animal Planet to rerun it, and as of yet they have not. Hard to believe next weeks episode is the very last episode. While far from perfect, I have enjoyed  "Finding Bigfoot", even though Ranae irritates me from time to time. :spiteful:

It is on right now!

Nope, just missed it. It was just on.

I'm like Chelefoot.......I'll watch anything Bigfoot good or bad, with one exception; that movie featuring the giant Bigfoot vs. the Brady Bunch & Partridge Family dudes, with Alice Cooper as the bait:)

BFF Patron

I saw the trailer of a movie that the BF had to be at least 50 feet tall.    I passed on that one. 

Yup.......that's the one, matching Greg Brady, Danny Partridge, and a 50' Bigfoot........what were they on? I am guilty of watching part of it, but switched when the King Kong of Bigfoot's ate Alice Cooper.

Guest ewashguy56

It is on right now!

Nope, just missed it. It was just on.

thanks anyways. I see where on Sunday Animal Planet has most of their most recent shows, and the final, which appears to be 2 hours long.

Ditto I'll watch anything bigfoot. Probably more good then bad. Cliff I like him Bobo too. I could do without MM. He see a bigfoot around every corner. What I find funny is them always knowing exactly how a bigfoot would act .

BFF Patron

There are few BF experts but many that think they are.   In nearly every Finding BF show they get some indication of activity early,  but as the night wears on and the crew make more whoops, howls, and tree knocks, suddenly the BF seem to not be around any more.    I have wondered how long it will be before they start to figure out that something they are doing is having the opposite effect they are looking for.     Part of that is "knowing" exactly how a bigfoot would act or what human howls,  tree knocks,  and whoops mean to a bigfoot.    For all they know they are warning BF they are there, human, and to be avoided.    Worse yet would be to come up with a really good howl that means in BF "I am here in your territory and intend to drive you away or kill you",      Your last thought might be,   I wonder what I did wrong?  

I really enjoy watching the show, and never miss an episode.........however, it should be a case study for what NOT to do in the field. I like Renae, but she is basically calling anyone who has seen a Bigfoot either grossly mistaken or a liar, which doesn't sit to well with me. I appreciate her loyalty to her scholastic discipline, aka shackles of the mind, but I don't think she has any letters before or after her name, so she's not a PhD. scientist, just a college degree in Biology......does anyone know what her credentials are?

There are several folks behind the scenes in anything they shoot, including the so-called solo camp outs, and from what a reliable source told me, includes one of the 4 stars, plus 3 - director, camera & sound.

IMO......these creatures are totally hip to technology, and stay the heck away from it, hide your cameras, audio, and surveillance gear, think out of the box! 

Edited by Bigtex

BFF Patron

I never miss one either.   I tried to research Renae's background but ran into a problems trying to get information from where she went to college.    An alumnae could probably find that out.    I have forgotten at this point where she went to college.   She has had me shouting at the TV more than once.    Perhaps that is her role on TV because after all it is entertainment.  

Running around at night with a camera and IR light on a pole might be enough to get BF to leave the area.    It would probably scare me if I had not seen it before on the show.    I am not sure if BF understands technology or are afraid of something they do not understand.    The results either way are the same.    They seem to avoid it.      

I'd think that like any wild animal they're gonna tend to avoid a sudden intrusion, and just wait for it to go away.  What appears to be happening with NAWAC is that they stay long enough to start eliciting curiosity when they don't go away.

This is of course the Achilles' heel of FB:  three days, then gone.

• 2 months later...
Guest ewashguy56

I just saw on Facebook where Finding Bigfoot returns on Nov. 9th with a 2 hour premier of the new season! I thought they were not coming back?! I am glad though as I do enjoy the show.

I'm a sucker for anything Bigfoot, good, bad, or ugly. The one thing I enjoy about the show are the town meetings, and hearing about peoples encounters......as far as the 'researchers', it's a lesson in what NOT to do in the field, just my opinion. However, it is a TV show, and concessions have to be made for the sake of entertainment, and getting it on film. Put Renae out there on a true solo deal, with no camera & sound personnel, they are never alone on those so-called solo camp outs. I've talked to Standing, seems like a nice guy, but he is totally about the money unfortunately. There's a fine line there though, I mean.....a lot of folks here would love to quit there day job, and be paid to research Bigfoot, but too many are willing to lie & hoax to get ahead in this BF business. 

Edited by Bigtex