Is Finding Bigfoot...

Whatever else Finding Bigfoot may or may not be, it is what alerted me to the fact that there are tons of folks investigating the subject, rekindled my interest after a 45 year hiatus and eventually led me here. I'm with you on the town hall meetings, Tex. You really get a sense of the raw emotion most people seem to experience with an encounter and it's awfully hard to fake that.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

They are entertaining but now and then someone does not check out. The physical location does not support what they say happened. A police detective would be a great investigator. They get really good at knowing if someone is lying. You can see it in the eyes and mannerisms of some people. One particular interview a girl was telling her encounter story and her sister piped up. I could just tell that the second sister was making it up probably because she was jealous of the attention her sister was getting. Human nature I suppose.

Yup.....I'm a sucker for anything BF too:) Heck, if they find one on the show, think of all the money involved to change the show name to 'Found Bigfoot'. 

I watch the show regardless of the negatives because I'm a sucker for anything BF.

Who doesn't love Bobo, Cliff and Monkey when she is on.

Say what you will about MM but he has devoted his life to the subject. I rarely agree with him but have grown to respect him.

Best thing about the show are the Town Hall meetings IMO.

Worst thing about the show, IMO, are the research techniques they use. Drums, lights, bands, and fireworks do not seem conducive to luring in a BF.

Wish they would apply a more stealthy approach to their techniques. Perhaps hunt BF as one would the wisest and most sage buck in the forest.

Still I watch the show and feel it does more good than harm if for no other reason than it takes the viewer to locations they probably have little chance to visit themselves and kindles interest in the subject.

But, *The Boy Who Cried Wolf* scenario creeps in with the same inconclusive outcome of each and every show.

It does get old in that there never seems to be any real evidence. Perhaps that would change if they reworked their research techniques.

Some of the things they do might bring someone/something out of the woods that is lost from Woodstock. And that might very well look like a BF.

Dunno, I watch it and look forward to the upcoming season, but I usually wind up scratching my head towards the end of the episode in wonderment as to the techniques they use.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ewashguy56

I missed the 2 hour premiere of the show last night, so went to check my "On Demand", and as I feared, its not posted there yet. **** Comcast. Could you hurry please!!!??? :spiteful:

They are entertaining but now and then someone does not check out. The physical location does not support what they say happened. A police detective would be a great investigator. They get really good at knowing if someone is lying. You can see it in the eyes and mannerisms of some people. One particular interview a girl was telling her encounter story and her sister piped up. I could just tell that the second sister was making it up probably because she was jealous of the attention her sister was getting. Human nature I suppose.

They ought to put Steve Kulls on the team!

If they could change one thing about the show, and many others.......quit this build up, then commercial break, only to come back on the air and it was nothing. I always DVR these programs, as I just won't let the sponsors have their way with me.

Speaking of the new season, is it just me, or has Renae received some augmentation, she seems to be a lot more busty this season.

I missed the 2 hour premiere of the show last night, so went to check my "On Demand", and as I feared, its not posted there yet. **** Comcast. Could you hurry please!!!??? :spiteful:

Trust me, you didn't miss much.  They went to Alaska this time.  Still didn't find Bigfoot. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the show and always try to watch.  But anymore it all seems to be the same thing in different locations. 

Guest ewashguy56

I just finished it. At least though towards the end of the show, Matt and Cliff got a reply for a yelling. I liked it. Alaska is just so gorgeous, except for the mosquitos.

First show was entertaining, there was a spot tonight where a guy found some supposed BF tracks along a Alaskan River in April. He filmed his own foot print, which was about 3/4" deep in the sand, next to the supposed BF footprint, which sank approx. 2-3 inches deep (deeper may indicate a heavier person/thing). Also his foot print looked to be about 10" with a shoe on while the barefoot print was at least 13", and the stride of the supposed BF was huge, approx. 5-6ft while the guy said he could not even get close to duplicating it and STILL Ranee said she thought it was more likely to be a human print.. I suppose Shaq was jogging along an Alaskan River barefoot in April, yeah right...!

I know it's Renae's job to be the "skeptic" but some of the things she says are just ludicrous. Sort of like Matt's wild "Facts" about bigfoots' abilities, intentions, you name it.

I still love the show and watch every episode. But I yell at the TV a lot while watching.

It was funny that they had to float plane into the "extremely remote" local for the last night op, but Renae was able to meet them there from her ATV.  Obviously she just got there from the pipeline road.